Worship music sung on a plane. What would you do?

He’s got the whole holy organ in his hands.
He’s got the whole holy organ in his hands
He’s got the whole holy organ in his hands.
He’s got the holy organ in his hands.

He’s got the little bitty baby in his hands
He’s got the baby in his hands.

He’s got the organ in the baby, Oh my God!
He’s got the organ in the baby, Kill this slob!
He’s got the ogan in the baby, It’s his job
Morality comes from God!

5 Likes

If I could overcome the urge to channel John Belushi in Animal House by grabbing the guitar and smashing it to bits, I’d probably say “I you don’t sit down and STFU already, I’ll invoke Satan and make you all mutes/”

1 Like

I’d just put my headphones on btw. If they are too much loud, I think the staff would stop them. It’s better staying silent and not saying anything in cases like this in my opinion.

2 Likes

I agree. Not much can be done about it and if it were me and I said something. They’d probably look at me like I’m a devil karen and do it anyway. In my experiences when I’ve gotten on an airline, it’s been quiet and the people have been polite. I hope this never happens to me.

Yes. Sometimes it’s better to be silent and mind your own business

There really isn’t much one can do in that situation but mind their own business. I agree on the whole “pick and choose your battles” and think if the consequences are worth it. Are they hurting anyone? No. Are they being annoying? Probably.

2 Likes

Yes. Disturbance to passengers of any kind is the job of the staff to stop it from happening. Us acting like a superhero and stopping them would make us more annoying than the singing christians

1 Like

However; like the singing Christians, some of us may not actually be worried about ‘being annoying,’ and this would be especially true if we happened to believe we were right.

What would I do?..Hmmm… :thinking:… Let’s go another route with this, just for shits and giggles. (And to satisfy my warped humor.)

Stand up and make a request. Then, when the guy starts playing, sing as loudly and as off-key as possible. (Which is simply my natural singing method.) Be so obnoxiously horrible that the flight attendants go, “Aw, HELL no! Fuck this. We’re shutting it down.” :innocent:

Edit to add: Or go into “OH-LORDY-JESUS-PRAISE-GOD” Pentecostal spastic mode. THAT would be fun. Beat 'em at their own game.

“Sir, were you the religious nut giving people headaches with your howling and carrying on during the flight? Come with me, please.”

Yes, officer, that was me. I was overcome with the spirit of The Lord! Hallelujah! But HE started it!.. (points toward guy with guitarmakes mad dash toward exit as officer turns to look)…

“We’ve got another Jesus runner. Tell the TSA to put on the scary suit to make him turn around at the end of the terminal.”

1 Like

I find that it’s hypocritical that they let Christians sing Gospel on planes. But if I took out a guitar and started doing death metal and sounded like Slipknot or Lamb of God I’d be told to shut up or get duct taped to the seat and end up on the no fly list. I just love the double standards. Christians really put it out there that if you dont love or worship their sky daddy then it’s fuck you.

But the plane was on fire an they were all on their way to the Holy Land.
Singing On A Plane

2 Likes

And they get to play the victim card …

2 Likes

In my observation, this response is a modern day development to perceived religious criticism, or discrimination.

Which is tolerable and preferable, IMHO, compared to the treatment of those who dared question or criticize it when religion ruled the roost with a (to say the least) firm hand.

1 Like

lol reminds me of 911. Religious assholes.

I like it. How about a new version of a Pink Floyd classic?

Oi preacher! Leave them kids alone…

2 Likes

Let them. Who cares? I can put up with that shit all day long.

But when I get my best English RP accent out and tell them “Well, hello… I’m from the Church of Satan, and I’d looooooooooooove to buy your soul…” I get moved to business class.

Oddly enough, that scene was cut from the US release.

Well, I mean, it would be positively unAmerican to have people getting killed in a shooting at houses of worship in the U.S. Jesus/ Mohammed/ YHWH saves, not taketh away!

Except for all of these people, of course. They’ve been killed in shootings at churches, temples, synagogues and mosques in the U.S.

Outside of that, though, there’s a positive dearth of that sort of thing here.