Coming soon to a night sky near you!!

coke in space

Twinkle twinkle Coke sign bright
Orbiting the Earth at night
What you are is such a pity
Advertising space graffiti
Shine on bright but don’t forget
Way up high you’re a great target.

May be sooner than you think. Pretty sure the technology exists. I reckon Richard Branson would love to give it a go. EG get a ship designed, with a huge Maccas /Coke/Apple logo.Design the ship to land on the moon supported by a massive tripod.

You are fighting a battle that was lost 100 years ago . Materialism is dead and buried , it was killed by QM .
All there is at the bottom of the glass is consciousness
There is more than enough literature out there to substantiate this , it’s science . TFP.

That’s odd, I’ve checked every major global news network, and there is nothing on any of them about science evidencing your woo woo superstition.

You are funny…science indeed.

Now one more time then…

What objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity or anything supernatural?

Please direct me to some of this literature. I am fact-checking your assertion.

1 Like

You don’t look anything up do you? Or actually read information provided, do you? Or still even think to back your assertions - sailingswine is willfully ignorant to remain in his idea of “bliss”…

You are in no position to claim fuck-all with QM, especially when your “sources” are most likely the likes of David Wilcox…

SO, as a favor to you, here’s a legitimate paper discussing a hypothesis regarding your claim:

AND a counter hypothesis,

Second one is simple, to the point and includes evidences for his conclusions.

As it stands, consciousness has not been demonstrated to exist outside the mind, or outside the brain,
OR that “we” are receivers of info (the first paper also gets into simulation because “info” being received DOES NOT MEAN we would “know” the source)

Sillysailingswine… personally, like “god” there is no reason to believe consciousness is the, how’d you put it - the “bottoms of the glass” - let alone rename QM “consciousness”. Did you even look up “consciousness” before you tossed the word in you claim?

Ironically, as humans’ we can only define it through our own consciousness - hahahahaha

1 Like

Quantum mechanics deals only with the very small, on the atomic and subatomic level. For most of what we observable, standard mechanics is valid and applicable.

What you are stating is that because there are mice, there are no elephants.

1 Like

Materialism, or rather, Newtonian classical physics and quantum mechanics still coexist in a symbiotc relationship. Neither can exist without the other. Together they explain and comprise what is regarded as ‘reality’. You seem to have missed this pertinent aspect of their partnership.
One can not “kill” the other. Sub-atomic particles may well engage in remote dances in the improbable phenomenon of entanglement but regardless, apples still mundanely fall from trees. And both can occur without conscious witnesses.

I have a personal penchant in comparing classical physics and quantum mechanics, as one set, with the conscious and sub-conscious as another. The first of each set are largely predictable, the second quite exotic.
You seem to be under a misapprehension that there is a similar relationship between faith and evidence. So you will vandalise scientific knowledge to seize any sort of fatuous argument to support your faith in the primacy of consciousness over matter to ‘rationally’ explain how your god’s disembodied consciousness wilfully manifested creation.
The grave error you make is not recognising that evidence kills faith. You can’t empower faith with proof. You are inadvertently undermining the professed power of faith. I wonder what your god might think of that. You gonna have a lotta explaining to do Piggy.

In the meantime please provide evidence for all this literature that substantiates your claim or at the very least, any objective evidence can you demonstrate for any deity or anything supernatural.

4 Likes

How the OP and other mentally defective idiots don’t see the length they have to go, just to insert the most meager slither of ‘proof’ to support their nonsense, is remarkable.

This class A bollocks, mined straight from the mountains of Peru and hand delivered by fucking neon bunnies.

3 Likes

Sadly, a theist reads sparse articles describing quantum mechanics, and decide they know enough to spout claims that are very incorrect. Give an idiot a lollipop, they believe they know how to make a candy factory.

3 Likes

Thanks Grin. I pretty much understood that.I hadn’t heard that Quantum mechanics had killed materialism. Kind of thing one would think would be huge news. But, my knowledge of physics is limited,so it might well have for all I knew.

.I was/am aware that Cartesian duality was pretty much killed off, I don’t know when,but ‘some time ago’ and am aware of some of its implications. None of which theists like much.

It is my understanding that Quantum Mechanics is an advanced, sophisticated area. Why then would a theist make claims about it on an atheist forum rather than making the claim, oh I don’t know, to a physicist?

Do you think Piggy could be a smidge intellectually dishonest? IE introducing sophisticated concepts , hoping everyone here is as ignorant as he. (and I, to be honest ) ?

Sorry I can only give you one like for your post Grin.

All that quantum mechanics has done, is inform us that material processes are much less intuitive than we first thought. It hasn’t “killed” materialism at all.

Indeed, quantum mechanical operators are ALL operators corresponding to material interactions. Apparently our porcine aeronaut slept through the classes where this was taught.

3 Likes

I can’t say I did. My incompetent teachers (catholic school) struggled with Newtonian Physics

The thing I remember most about high school physics is the Phlogiston Theory.Yeah, they told us it wasn’t true. Have always wondered why it was in my Physics book and on the curriculum.

Only became familiar with the laws of thermodynamics via an atheist forum. An apologist made some false claims about Second Law and the earth, which I learned is an open system…

Perhaps it was presented to demonstrate the right and fall of a theory.

Yair, I understood the point. Have never been convinced it was a point which needed to be made. It seems to assume that crop of students were awfully dim (which we were not)

Right now I’m going off for a cuppa tea and a sulk. My washing machine just died. Ten years old, not worth getting fixed. Around $1300 for a new one (includes delivery and removal of old one) All is not well at Cranky Cottage. My Wa has been disturbed.

Well Microshit just killed one of my computers. They forced a Windows 10 feature update on me, which proceeded to eat the existing Windows installation from the inside out. My Wa is completely shattered.

Fcku!!!

Think I’ll install Linux (parallel. (already have it on my laptop).

–and I thought Mac updates were bad. Something always goes wrong after any system updates. Mac help forum is useless. All they want to do is sell you upgrades , fuck your problem

Could you please tell me which feature update has caused the problems?

I think it was 2004, but I can’t be sure because the computer is all locked up.

Brilliant post. Bottom line is that I’ll accept any claim if sufficient objective evidence is demonstrated for it, though I am still not understanding how flyingpig thinks the existence of something beyond the physical material world as yet not fully understood, remotely evidences any deity? Let along the one from the bronze age superstition he favours.

Were he able to inexplicably break this news here, he would still have all his work before him. Nor can this be viewed without the context of the thousands of years religions have already had, and produced naught but subjective anecdotal rhetoric, and irrational polemic, the like of which we see rehashed here daily. And most importantly the errant nonsense touted for centuries as the immutable word of an infallible deity, destroyed by fallible human science.

1 Like