Why don't you believe?

You can’t validate something empirically. :roll_eyes:

Then please, do not suggest, but provide empirical proof of faith.

If you think speciation hasn’t been observed in nature, let alone reproduced in the laboratory, then numerous scientific papers in my collection are waiting to disabuse you of this fatuous idea.

As defined by a man claiming to write for “god”
AND to ensure you’d believe him, said

nternational Version
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”

Hmm :thinking:
I am confident in hoping for shit and assured (yes, yes, it’s fine, I assure you) about shit you do not see …

Good
Luck
With your low
Level for “evidence”

Christ you must be a toddler.

Says the creatard who denies scientific facts, and doesn’t know what a scientific theory is.

And yet the entire scientific world disagrees and accepts evolution as a scientific fact.

Who gives a fuck if creatards want to cherry pick which scientific facts they accept, based on whether they contradict their blind faith in bronze age superstitious creation myths.

What’s hilarious is you creatards always think we haven’t seen your bullshit lies and rhetoric before.

Empirical validation of faith is easy. Just look at all the people who travel to places like Lourdes each year in the sure hope of divine intervention to cure their ailments. That’s evidence that those people have faith.

Of course, there’s absolutely no evidence that faith actually affects anything.

2 Likes

Yair.

Scientific progress tends to be revolutionary,not evolutionary . Like every other discipline I can think of, the sciences have power paradigms and cliques , which can be very difficult to overcome./join.

Much is made of peer reviewed papers (plural) A single well researched and recorded paper is seldom enough to make changes to any existing positions, in any discipline… Of course, the the exception is biblical history and biblical archaeology. That’s because such disciples tend to work backwards, staring with a conclusion, then seeking proof for that conclusion.

That power paradigms exist in academic disciplines is because academicians are only ordinary people with normal** human attributes such as vanity and ego.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

** I say ‘normal’ because I think egotism, and vanity probably have evolutionary values,as do all human traits. I suspect this to be true, but can’t prove it. CONSEQUENTLY, IT’S JUST A FUCKING THEORY.

Dumbest thing I have read this year, for someone boasting any knowledge at all about science…other than Flying Pig’s assertion that consciousness has primacy over matter. Amazing, sad and frightening. There’s heaps more of them like this out there.

1 Like

The really scary thing is the Pig et al represent the scum on the top of the shallow end of the gene pool. There are far worse

Gravity is a theory… We have two usable theories of gravity, Einstein’s Theory and Newtonian Theory.

Thermodynamics? What is the theory of thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics , science of the relationship between heat, work, temperature, and energy. In broad terms, thermodynamics deals with the transfer of energy from one place to another and from one form to another. The key concept is that heat is a form of energy corresponding to a definite amount of mechanical work.

YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Not only can you not tell the difference between a theory and a ‘Law’ Why don’t you just GIVE IT UP.

ALL SCIENCE IS WRONG. YOUR DIPFUCK ASSERTIONS ABOVE ARE ALL TRUE. THEORIES ARE LAWS AND LAWS ARE THEORIES AND ANY WAY YOU DEFINE THEM IS PERFECTLY CORRECT.

NOW DEMONSTRATE YOUR GOD EXISTS.

1 Like

Creationists and JWs, etc., love the laws of thermodynamics. They like to tell people that evolution violates the second law because it runs in the opposite direction to entropy, therefore god.

They conveniently forget that the law applies to "isolated systems:, which fortunately the Earth is not.

Faith leads to joy.

Faith is a faculty of the heart.

An amount of faith the size of a mustard seed can fill the mind with joy.

If you learn to cultivate what is in your heart, may it lighten your mind.

From the bottom of my heart,

rat spit :rat:

It certainly can’t make ambulances arrive any sooner.

Come get your “college degree”
FOR FREE! Hahahahaha :rofl:

Are these serious statements, or are you being sarcastic? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Glad it’s not just me. I always thought I had a good sense of humour, but maybe I’m missing it here.

From what I’ve been reading of Ratty’s post, probably both. :face_with_monocle:

And a silly .gif can bring a smile.

I have seen dog shit that is more profound.

Please Rat_spit, you are stooping into really stupid sayings.

A fanatic is one who sticks to his guns whether they’re loaded or not.

Really? From personal experience?

Not my experience at all—being left with a mustard seed of faith left me in spiritual anguish. I guess it might be different coming from a position of no faith at all.

Most aphorisms are nonsense. Because “all generalisations are lies” (anon)

Coming from a Western tradition of Soctratic method, I have always found it exceedingly hard to ‘drop it’ as the Buddha said…

I didn’t want to point it out, but he’s using deepities. Glib pronouncements meant to have a prima facie look of profundity, but which are to all objective intents and purposes meaningless nonsense.

NB This is not a dig at ratty, nor is it intended to provoke, it simply is the truth as I see it, and nothing he’s posted has swayed me from that position.

Objective evidence, and or rational argument. Everything else is coloured bubbles.