Why do you think

You claim that I wouldn’t know the evidence. I’ll be the judge of that. That’s how a court of law operates. They deem whether or not your “evidence” is admissible or inadmissible.

1 Like

I don’t get into discussions about my personal faith . I don’t see any point discussing #2 or #3 when you don’t believe in #1.

Then why are you here? You’re refusing to give evidence or you don’t have it and you’re bluffing. Still, that is evidence against your claim.

So….you refuse to describe that which you believe? Yet you ask us to describe what would constitute evidence for it? Obh obh!

1 Like

Not how it works silly sid. You are of course correct. You don’t have to provide proof of anything. You can believe because you want to believe. That’s a shit epistemology but you are certainly welcome to it. So you believe because you want to believe. Happy for you. Bye. There is no discusion here. You are welcome to your shit epistemology.

3 Likes

Wrong. It’s simply a refusal to treat uncritically as fact, unsupported mythological assertions. Stop lying.

Bare faced lie. We accept the conclusions that the scientists themselves present, and do so without modification. No fucking “interpretation” involved. Again, stop lying. Oh wait, the people who routinely quote mine and misrepresent scientific papers and their conclusions are creationists. Indeed, there’s an entire website devoted to creationist quote mining, namely this one. The contents thereof are suitably educational with respect to creationist apologetic mendacity.

BULLSHIT. Theodosius Dobzhansky conducted experiments validating natural selection way back in 1948. The paper documenting the requisite experiments is this one:

Genetics Of Natural Populations. XVIII. Proof Of Operation Of Natural Selection In Wild Populations Of Drosophila pseudoobscura by Theodosius Dobzhansky and Howard Levene, Genetics, 33: 537 (November 1948)

From that paper:

Later on, the authors provide this:

Oh look, description of an experiment testing the validity of natural selection. Let’s move on to the discussion section, which reads as follows:

Game over.

Of course, there are more modern papers covering experimental tests of selection, but the above should be sufficient for honest readers of this post.

Oh look, boys and girls, he’s resurrecting the repeatedly destroyed “evolution violates the second law ot thermodynamics” canard!!! Which I cover in detail in the document linked to in this thread. Specifically, I cover creationist bullshit about thermodynamics as Canard #28 in that document. I also cite in that section, six peer reviewed scientific papers destroying this bullshit. Namely, this set of papers:

Entropy And Evolution by Daniel F. Styer, American Journal of Physics, 78(11): 1031-1033 (November 2008) DOI: 10.1119/1.2973046

Natural Selection As A Physical Principle by Alfred J. Lotka, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, 8: 151-154 (1922) [full paper downloadable from here]

Evolution Of Biological Complexity by Christoph Adami, Charles Ofria and Travis C. Collier, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, 97(9): 4463-4468 (25th April 2000) [Full paper downloadable from here]

Order From Disorder: The Thermodynamics Of Complexity In Biology by Eric D. Schneider and James J. Kay, in Michael P. Murphy, Luke A.J. O’Neill (ed), What is Life: The Next Fifty Years. Reflections on the Future of Biology, Cambridge University Press, pp. 161-172 [Full paper downloadable from here]

Natural Selection For Least Action by Ville R. I. Kaila and Arto Annila, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Part A, 464: 3055-3070 (22nd July 2008) [Full paper downloadable from here]

Evolution And The Second Law Of Thermodynamics by Emory F. Bunn, arXiv.org, 0903.4603v1 (26th March 2009) [Download full paper from here]

Your unnamed “expert” is talking out of his arse. Let me guess, another shill for the Duplicity Institute? Is that why you’re afraid to name this “expert”?

Meanwhile, here’s another lie from your “expert”:

Bullshit. Every scientific paper on the subject I’ve presented here deals with this via chemistry. Once again, stop lying.

Oh, and by the way, this little snippet:

is rendered null and void by experiments establishing that self-replicating RNA strands exist, such as the ones documented in those four papers by the team of Japanese scientists who watched their RNA strands generate a molecular ecosystem via Darwinian evolution. So already, your assertions are busted.

Oh, by the way, this from the first of those papers you presented:

is demonstrably wrong. Endothermic reactions have been known to exist by chemists for over 200 years. Supply an energy input and those reactions take place. Oh wait, what’s that big yellow thing in the sky again? A huge source of energy. Oh, and care to explain which of the 84 peer reviewed scientific papers I presented in my exposition on the origin of life is purportedly “wrong” about this, when they document experiments demonstrating that reactions of this sort work?

Oh, and by the way, the authors of those two papers, in case you never bothered to read those papers in full, but merely quote mined them for duplicitous apologetic purposes, present a case for hydrothermal vents being the means of kick-starting the origin of life. From the second paper:

Oh wait, the authors are presenting (badly, as it happens) a hypothesis that chemistry in the proximity of alkaline hydrothermal vents was responsible for the originn of life. Indeed, the authors present the following as the caption to Figure 1 in that second paper:

Here is Figure 1 from that paper:

The authors then provide this from the same paper:

Oh look, sounds like they’re proposing a chemical process for kick-starting the origin of life. Though the opinionated tone the authors take in their papers is seriously at variance with standard scientific paper writing practice, but that’s an issue that can be remedied with a rewrite. Meanwhile, the rest of pages 7 & 8 continue in the same vein, describing chemical reactions.

Looks like your apologetics are being exposed as increasingly specious with each examination of the data.

Moving on …

BARE FACED LIE. STOP LYING.

NOT treating unsupported mythological assertions uncritically as fact, is the very ANTITHESIS of “faith”. You’re lying.

BARE FACED LIE. STOP LYING.

Unlike lying sack of shit mythology fanboys, we don’t twist scientists’ conclusions to fit dogma. We accept those conclusions exactly as the scientists presented them. Unlike creationists, who as I’ve already noted at the beginning of this post, engage in rampant quote mining.

This is creationist bullshit, that’s been destroyed over and over again. Fitness increases have been demonstrated to occur in hundreds of different species of living organisms. I’m aware of two papers demonstrating this in Podarcis lizards and sticklebacks alone.

Finally … WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP LYING?

3 Likes

Poor thing… Are you feeling well? Because I would love for you to show where I ever asked for proof of your god(s). Ya see, unlike most others here, my being an atheist is due strictly to the ridiculous contradicting and inconsistent nonsense I was taught about the Christian god my entire life. It is NOT contingent upon YOU showing me any type of “proof.” The way I see it, if your all-knowing/all-powerful god does somehow exist, then it is the responsibility of THAT ENTITY to provide me with the proof that IT SHOULD KNOW would convince me of its existence. Meanwhile, IF it happens to exist, I can only surmise at this point it is not interested in having me believe it exists. Hmmm… :thinking:… Wonder if it might have something to do with its “Perfect Plan”?

3 Likes

Sooo… When, exactly, are you gonna start practicing what you preach?

1 Like

Coming to an atheist debate forum, and taunting people with cryptic preaching, then evading all debate about the beliefs you’re peddling is not at all respectful.

Can you demonstrate any objective evidence for your belief in a deity? That’s a good starting point for debate, from there we can either scrutinise what you think is objective evidence, or you can try and explain why you believe a deity exists in the absence of any, and especially what your criteria is for disbelieving all the others in that event.

You’re being given another chance to show some respect, I suggest you use it. NB People get respect, ideas and beliefs have to stand on their own merit, and you are offering yours thus far with naught but dishonest and cryptic semantics, and sneering contempt for the people here that you know nothing about beyond the fact they don’t share your belief. .

2 Likes

Then why are you in an atheist debate forum, and why are you offering semantically erroneous and cryptic definitions for words like truth, implying the atheists here don’t already know what truth means?

If objective evidence has you baffled you could trying telling us why you believe a deity is real, which deity it is, and offering your most compelling reasoning. The notion strangers on the internet in a debate forum have a burden to define what you believe, and they do not, before you can offer any explanation of why you believe it is asinine, and smacks of dishonest trolling.

A prime example of your dishonesty was your first post claiming that the notion life had no meaning was “the biggest lie” despite being asked to offer anything to support this claim you exhibited the same dishonest evasion we’re seeing here. As if you blow in here once in a while, troll for a bit to get a reaction, then leave.

Not one poster ever got anything approaching an answer on that, and each time it’s the same. All you did was try shift the burden of proof there as well, not one word about what you think this meaning is, or any cogent reason or evidence to support the notion, beyond some vague assertion that philosophers had pondered the question.

Like that, it would only be a valid question if I claimed to know it had no meaning, and I only claim there is no evidence to support your claim it has meaning. Of course one could observe that humans have existed for an infinitesimally small amount of time, so the evidence does not suggest we are any more significant than any other life, and there is no objective evidence life has any overarching meaning, and since my criteria for belief is that sufficient objective evidence be demonstrated to support any belief, then clearly this is why I don’t believe life has any overarching meaning. I don’t claim to know, as it sounds like an unfalsifiable notion as well.

Your turn?

In a debate room on an atheist forum, but won’t discuss his faith…

I think that’s right up there in some of the most stupid comments I’ve ever read on here.

2 Likes

It’s demonstrably untrue as well, as he has discussed it, he just tries the old dishonest apologists trick of trying to dictate where the debate can go and what it can discuss.

We shouldn’t really be surprised since for millennia religions have not been offering choice and debate, but immutable absolutes.

Guy is full of shit, same old crap from theists on here, unable or unwilling to defend their beliefs.

2 Likes

I didn’t do it. I have not been flinging poo. I am a good little monkey.

2 Likes

Imagining , so that means it not something you believe to be real , correct ?

No it means Skriten is not believing YOUR claims for your imaginary god thing. Start from there.

3 Likes

Stupid is debating #3 when the person you are debating doesn’t even believe #1 exists .
It’s called an exercise in futility

And that is where you are wrong again, how many times do you need to be reminded.

An atheist is simply someone who is not convinced of the evidence so far put forward that a god exists.

It would be logically wrong to say with absolute certainty a god or gods does/do not exist.

So again, for clarity… people (theists) have made the claim, we have not been persuaded by the ‘evidence’ put forward.

The only futility you seem to be experiencing, is that you do not understand our position and appear frustrated that we do not take your claim at face value.

2 Likes

It is not futility. It’s called not believing you. You’re being a hypocrite about it. You don’t believe in the claims being made by Hindus or the Muslims. You don’t believe their gods exist. You raise a deaf ear to them.

Oh for fuck sake. He is imagining a thing that he also believes to be real. Now. Could you please provide anything at all that would constitute proof for you? Stop avoiding and deflecting.

4 Likes