Who's your favorite prominent atheist?

Hitchens ruled every debate he ever participated in(RIP).
Matt Dillahaunty is also a good one, I watch the ACA daily.
Seth Andrews is fun to watch.
Sam Harris too.
When someone says “I’ll pray for you”, I just tell them not to waste their breath.

Yes I got mine, thank you so much.

I really especially enjoyed the mango, Jack fruit and Kiwi fruit. However, I was a bit disappointed at the absence of bananas. That would explain a lot if no one else got bananas either. :face_with_monocle:

I’m insulted. I can’t be bought with a fruit basket. Now chocolate…

I’m not and I can–chocolate will send me into a diabetic coma

Sorry, I don’t buy chocolate. Me and choccy have problem. If it’s there I eat it. All of it.

Me neither, same problem.

Whilst I was not buying chocolate I discovered that for the money [imo] , ALDI has the best supermarket chocolate. (it’s Belgian) The outright best is Lindt. Worst is some ghastly American stuff sold in a ‘sampler’. Second worst; Cadbury. Worst Australian made chocolate; Darrell Lea.

Heathen. Oh, right, that’s all of us :slight_smile:

I’m currently in mourning because Godiva chocolate is closing its stores in the U.S. I’m wearing all black, burning incense and contemplating cutting off a finger joint or two.

I have read pretty much everything he wrote, a skilled orator and writer, but sadly the war on Iraq and his justifiable hatred of Saddam Hussein’s barbaric dictatorship, created something of a blindspot for him.

1 Like

Fuck me, I’d turn for a lot less…

It’s like we were separated at birth…

:smirk:

Then you will like this interview…

Matt is shit at debate. He is completely out of his element. Perhaps he has gotten better, I just don’t know. He does not address the points of his opposition. He misses all sorts of opportunities. My best guess is that he really does not know how to debate. It’s not something he ever learned how to do. Matt is an excellent instructor. His speeches are always interesting. His debates…SUCK.

Another thing to regret about Hitchens early demise is I never got to watch him rip Trump a new donkey hole. His responses I’d seen to Trump had been fairly mild, for him, since Trump hadn’t really come to prominence yet. He didn’t like the Clintons, so I don’t know what he’d have done for the election, but I’m sure he’d have went after Trump, and his evangelical “advisors”, like a starving wolverine.

1 Like

You’re referring to the WHITMANS SAMPLER that they sell for valentine’s day, mother’s day, and x-mas. It really isn’t very good, it looks and tastes “waxy”. The best candy made in the U.S. is definitely SEE’S CANDY. It’s made in Calif. and may be a west coast only brand, I’m not sure. All I know is that it’s best chocolate I’ve ever tasted.

YES - I have been telling people ‘SEES’ is the best frigging candy around since the beginning of time. Knocks Godiva out of the Game. Stomps the fuck out of the MacDonalds of candies Hershy’s plastic puke chocolate. Nestly’s is not much better. … There was a small corner shop in Corona Del Mar, California, where they made the chocolates on site. Absolutely the most awesome chocolates in America. [

Ghirardelli Chocolates are bullshit sicky sweet with a poor aftertaste. Cadbury is about the same. Toblerone is … is… Aw fuck I like this one. See’s is still better. If you have never tried an assortment of See’s Chocolates, you have not tried chocolate.

Try Whittakers from New Zealand, quality product. Greenes from NZ is good too!

SEE’S chocolate is the best, their dark chocolate bourdeaux will always be my favorite.

I like Purdy’s … when I’m in the city, I always indulge.

That’s it. It’s rubbish. Stereotypically bad chocolate; too much sugar not enough cocoa butter.

My favourite is locally made "Haigh’s ". I sometimes go to the factory to buy seconds.