What is the biggest lie?

Definition of “special pleading” offered by Wiki.

Special pleading is an informal fallacy wherein one cites something as an exception to a general or universal principle, without justifying the special exception. It is the application of a double standard.

Not a good example. English is a Germanic language and did not evolve from Latin.

1 Like

Your expecting blood from a stone. Your best bet would be talking to a psychological professional who focuses on cult deprograming to give him even a semblance of logical thought.

He obviously can’t deviate from his programming. Johnny 5 is alive!

1 Like

Give us a definition for “ Poofed

@David_Killens you asked this question, would you like to answer that?

Well, hell. You want me in here? Now ya got me. Kept telling myself I was not gonna join your little circle jerk all this time, because you are obviously not here for any real discussion or debate. That is quite obvious. Nevertheless, at this point I feel the need to chime in on behalf of those in the background who read the threads but do not interact. Because I’m just a damn nice bastard like that, always wanting to help others wade through the pit of noxious sewage guys like you spew in what seems to be endless quantities. Speaking of which, for those who may not have caught it…

Amazingly “convenient” how that Sid character just happened to “swing by” to provide you an ally with whom to conspire. Almost like you two were old pals or something. How sweet. :two_hearts: And I must also say YOU sound rather familiar. To be honest, though, all you apologetic clones pretty much sound alike after awhile. But I digress…

Anyway, back on track. Not that I expect you to provide any reasonable answer here, but I want to pose a question. I’m no biologist. I’m not an astrophysicist. I’m not a chemist. I am not a geologist. My math skills fall somewhere in the range of basic calculus, and my physics knowledge is maybe a notch or two above average. And as for Darwin and evolution, I find it interesting, but it is not something that occupies much of my thoughts. So, with all that in mind, please tell me: What the HELL does any of this have to do with my being an atheist?

In one of your posts you stated you believe your god “Poofed” everything into existence from nothing. Could you please explain to me and others why you believe that? Curiosity is killing me.

1 Like

Yo, Sid. You need to ask your pal Buzzard that question. BUZZARD is the one who told US he believed his god “Poofed” everything into existence. So only Buzzard knows what he meant by that, but he is reluctant to share an explanation with us. Maybe he will answer YOU, if you ask him nicely.

A prediction for Sid and Buzzy’s responses…

Bracelets of Submission/ Deflection, activate!

2 Likes

Go ask the one who came up with this.

2 Likes

Your understanding of the origin of life, genetics, and evolution is incomplete. The earliest forms of life were incredibly simple, and basically controlled by self-replicating chemical reactions.

1 Like

Try not to fall into their trap. IMO they desire to move the conversation away from a scientific discussion and just embroil this thread into a mud-throwing personal insult shit-fest.

I could be wrong but that place may have already been reached and breached.

The point is noted, though.

1 Like

You do realize scientific theory wasn’t just “made up”. They base it on already existing empirical evidence and research. They don’t sit there like you Christians do and dream up bullshit and call it fact.

Do you have a masters in Evolutionary Anthropology?

They have physical forensic paleontological evidence that we evolved from extinct species of human beings such as the Neanderthal and Homo Erectus.

What about Virology?

They have DNA evidence of “evolution”, the very thing you’re dismissing in favor of your religion. So when you argue that evolution is a belief it just makes me frown at you. That’s like saying “Whales don’t exist prove me wrong” when it’s clear that there are whales swimming around in the oceans.

A great example of evolution is Virology. A virus mutates or evolves constantly to survive in host bodies. Covid is evidence of this.

Viruses like SARS-CoV-2 continuously evolve as changes in the genetic code (caused by genetic mutations or viral recombination) occur during replication of the genome . A lineage is a genetically closely related group of virus variants derived from a common ancestor.

SARS-CoV-2 Variant Classifications and Definitions.

But hey, if none of that phases you. I just feel like you’re turning a blind eye to the dead body in the room. Go ahead man, believe in unicorns, demons, and sky fathers all you want. I’ll try not to laugh.

That’s all. I can’t make you believe it but if this turns into another Theist tangent to shift the Burden of Proof where you make it our job to prove that your god doesn’t exist and verify your beliefs for you, I’m afraid you’ve come to the wrong place for that.

1 Like

And we know how it works and you have already admitted that you agree with this. MGOs, Medicine, Genetics, etc etc etc all based on evolution. We know how it works. It is empirical and we use it every day. You already stated that you know this.

You are babbling bullshit nonsense and looking for that 100% (proff bullshit) mark again. Give it up and go the fuck away.

1 Like

What told the chemicals to self replicate ? How would they know how to do that ?

1 Like

That question comes off as “shifting the burden of proof” and a God of the Gaps Fallacy. We Atheists dont claim to know everything like your religion does.

2 Likes

You ever hear of chemistry and biology. They teach those subjects in school. PLUS (and you may find this hard to believe), there are these things now called “websites” where chemistry and biology experts and professors gather to discuss such things. I have a sneaky suspicion that if you find one of those sites, there just might be somebody there who can easily answer such questions for you. Imagine that… Asking somebody who studies that subject and works in that field for a living. What a novel idea. :thinking:

3 Likes

Easier to say “ we don’t know “.
God of the Gaps , Fallacy , Strawman. Yaaaawwwn

1 Like

Easier to say “ we don’t know “
If there is an answer then you can bet your bottom dollar that somebody will be posting it . I won’t stay up waiting for the answer

1 Like