What happened to freedom?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/immediate-emergency-situation-is-over-pm-trudeau-revokes-emergencies-act-1.5793047?fbclid=IwAR3HwAeeNwZOjMoZe84Ht_HpsXr0w4-Rvkojil_6fWkbQvdqgn6KFRDlpKI&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_medium=trueAnthem&cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvottawa%3Amanualpost&utm_source=facebook

Quote: …Trudeau added while the “immediate emergency situation is over” the issue itself “won’t go away.”

No it won’t. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The judicial arm will decide whether the “bar was too low” for precedence on future use.

USA :us: your turn…

Quote: Organizers of the “People’s Convoy” say they want to “jumpstart the economy” and reopen the country. Their 11-day trek will approach the Beltway around the U.S. capital on March 5, “but will not be going into D.C. proper,” according to a statement.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/u-s-truckers-inspired-by-canadas-freedom-convoy-plan-pandemic-protest/wcm/27986c13-fe00-43af-81f4-10bc8d3d0333/amp/

I was off a few days.

POOF.

Just as quickly as it was enacted, Trudeau revoked the Emergencies Act.

All kinds of crazy news has trickled out of this protest. During the police operation, the 911 (emergency services) phone lines were overwhelmed, basically placing the lives and property of every Ottawa citizen in jeopardy. Over 300 phone calls were made to the military, asking them to intervene against the police.

The sole conclusion I can make is that these protesters would rather place a little inconvenience in their personal lives over the lives and property of others.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8609284/ottawa-trucker-convoy-airport-disruptions/

EDIT: I must amend my highlighted statement.

It appears that many of the 911 calls originated from the USA. These foreign bad actors attempting to influence our internal politics can now be charged with criminal mischief. Their numbers can be traced and charges laid. I expect many to ignore the charges, but they will be unable to come into Canada, and hopefully, unable to perform international travel.

Probably… BUT

Unfortunately- Hillier was vital in “spreading the word” to various (both Canadian and Americans) platforms to keep the calls coming.

He’s our own Canadian “bad actor” - crazy as a loon and an MPP to boot :hiking_boot:. Imagine his constituency??? :person_facepalming:t3: many within it are trying to get him out. An MPP is a “Member of the Provincial Parliament”. He’s an Independent as the Conservatives threw him out of the party :tada:

https://www.insideottawavalley.com/news-story/10577468-some-asking-for-mpp-randy-hillier-s-arrest-after-his-social-media-post-encouraged-calling-ottawa-police-lines/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yfGXFRxW4

Had a major up-and-downer on another forum with an anti vaxxer and evolution denier, and I have to say, I have no problem with anyone refusing a vaccine. As long as they are happy to be treated like someone who just taken a dump in a public pool.

1 Like

How does that happen? How do you dial 911 in a different jurisdiction? I would assume if someone dialed 911 in the USA their call would go to the nearest 911 call center in the USA, not to one in Canada.

I punched it in google.

Just grabbed the first info…

I have no idea how some technology works (way out of my depth), so this could be bull-shit. I do know I can get scammers calling me from India using a “local number” (pops up on my call display).

Sound like old school phone phreaking. Makes me want to solder some alligator clips onto a phone cord and participate in some telecommunications fraud like the good old days! On second thought, maybe not.

1 Like

My old school days were limited to the …

“Is your fridge running?”

“Better go catch it!!!”

12 yr old giggles :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Ahem … I own two butt sets.

But I would never use them for malicious purposes, I know too much.

2 Likes

Are those wires for the charger? Where’s the antenna? What is that ancient technology?

:wink:

1 Like

IF this was proposed in Canada :canada: after the Trucker’s Convoy, a bill that would:

• grant civil immunity to people who decide to drive their cars into protesters who are blocking a road
  • penalize local governments that interfere with efforts to stop riots (RCMP)
  • prevents people accused of rioting from being bailed out of jail until after their first court appearance
  • makes it a second-degree felony to destroy a plaque, memorial, painting, flag, or other structure commemorating historical people or events (like, say, The War Memorial or Terry Fox). That would make such actions punishable by up to a decade in prison.
  • makes blocking a highway a felony offense and say…
  • new felony crime of “aggravated rioting” that carries a sentence of up to 15 years in prison and a new crime of “mob intimidation.”

Good idea? Just curious…

How about hit the owners of the trucks with the largest legally possible parking fine + storage fees. If they deny responsibility (say it was a driver doing crazy shit, not company policy), offer to wave all the fees, in exchange for a statement that anyone operating their vehicle at this protest had no permission to use that vehicle for that purpose and had essentially stolen the vehicle. Then you’d have serious charges to hit the actual protesters with.

It’s not an easy question. Don’t do enough, it will just happen again. Do too much, and well it just won’t be Canada anymore! :slight_smile:

My opinion:

• no fucking way - licence to kill???
  • depends on the police force…eg. are they remaining apolitical???
  • what about people scooped up that weren’t apart of the protest? Bail holdings is its own separate issue tied with the legal system.
  • a decade in prison??? For vandalism? Enforce laws against property damage…have some property protected as “nation’s” (doesn’t this already exist - I’d have to check)
  • blockades are different than blocking…. Blockades can be a national security risk - blocking??? Tow trucks…
  • hmmm :thinking: interesting wording eh? If group wearing KKK outfits? Red hats? Orange t-shirts??? Is “mob intimidation” subjective? How does the messaging (hate/violence) play into the intent of the “mob”?

Nothing stops the convoy fad - it shall roll on for the sanctity of truth and freedom and stuff!

Is there such a thing as a sore winner?

Organized by this outfit…

1 Like

Being a fan of the poker tables, I can say, Absolutely. Tony G., the asshole of poker. And if Tony G. is the asshole, Will Kassof is a fucking boil on the ass. Two exaples of the most pathetic winners in the poker world.

GIf

1 Like

I may or may not be a Canadian. But I digress.

The word freedom reminds me of this quote by Bill Hicks:

“It’s all about money, not freedom, y’all, okay? Nothing to do with fuckin’ freedom. If you think you’re free, try going somewhere without fuckin’ money, okay?”

2 Likes