Weird facts string

Initial estimates are that 10,300,000,000,000 gallons of water have fallen on Western Washington and Western Oregon in the last 7 days. That’s 10.3 trillion gallons.

1 Like

There are 16 cups in a gallon, that means 164,800,000,000,000 cups of water have fallen. The population of Washington is 7,739,000. That means, if each person drank 21,294,740.92259982 cups of water, the state would run dry.

Tell me about it, we live in Mt. Vernon, Wash. The Skagit river went from it’s normal height to flood stage in 3 days. We live at a higher elevation in town, so it wouldn’t affect us if it breached one of the river’s southern dikes.
That hasn’t happened in over 30 years. The rain is supposed to stop on Monday, finally.

News years eve’s date will be (U.S. style) 123123.

3 Likes

U.S. style dates are like saying $112.34 is 34 cents, twelve and one hundred dollars. And like pi equals point 14159265… and 3.

1 Like

The speed and sensitivity of a computer mouse is measured in Mickeys.

2 Likes

Scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid on the planet at (I believe) $38,500,000 per gallon.

Aww, shit. Tin is going to have a cow. Damn! The price has increased by $3 compared to last year, and interestingly enough, I am aware of one of the undisclosed components of his eggnog, which happens to be scorpion venom.I wonder if he can substitute chopped blue octopus parts?

Wearing a tie can reduce blood flow to your brain by as much as 7.5%. This can potentially explain a lot when it comes to executive decisions.

2 Likes

Yet most people don’t want it when it’s given for free by a scorpion, ironic eh.

3 Likes

Yet people readily accept them and call them fashionable. They give them to their fathers, who were at one time, the ones responsible for making important family decisions. Hmm? 7.5%? How many IQ points is that?

1 Like

They only wear them to keep the foreskin from falling down…

1 Like

The brain not only named itself, but it also recognized that it named itself and was surprised when it realized that.

4 Likes

YOU COULD GO THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITHOUT BREATHING

It’s a fact!

2 Likes

You know, if you think about it, the average number of legs humans have is less than two. It may be close to 2, but it is not 2.

1 Like

Assuming you have two hands, you have never stopped clapping. It’s a physical fact. It’s just that the claps are spaced further apart sometimes and closer together at other times.

Strangely that value is sometimes called the expected value; which is a kind of crappy name since it leads to the notion that: we should never expect the expected value (you should not expect to have 2.5 kids).

Now I tried to convince White of that, but she insisted! Poor Demitot, we kept the part that didn’t eat just to save a few bucks. While Demitot made a nice planter for my banana tree, both White and I worry that the kid is falling behind in school.

1 Like

I believe it depends on what color of skin you have. In the case of orange skinned people it would likely be all of them. Associating with orange skinned people wearing big red ties can result in IQ loss regardless of skin color.

1 Like

Oh! That’s why there are signs up around the neighborhood saying 'Fuck the Orange People!" I thought there was going to be an orgy.