"Weaponize Love" !? "We need good people in Government" - these are NOT them

Ok, I couldn’t sleep & I think I just woke up TO a nightmare.

“Weaponize Love” !!?? “We need good people in Government” - these are NOT them

https://prayvotestand.org/get.cfm?c=PVSS_HOME&altFromItem=AD21I05

I just love phrases such as “our bedrock values”, presented in a way which assumes it’s actually true for other than anal retentive white conservative christians.

I’m also very fond of “our way of life”. The best I’ve been able to figure is that [in Oz] it means white, protestant Anglo-Celts. In the US? In New York it probably includes Catholic Celtic background. The rest of the US, perhaps not so much. :thinking:

2 Likes

“ …and share how we can act from a biblical worldview.”

I prefer a humanist view. God is not a humanist.

This statement is also a fuck you to any non-Christians. LOVE to see the average American’s face if it read:

and share how we can act from a Koranic worldview.

BOTH are —such as right to life, religious freedom, strengthening families, developments in our education system, and more

3 Likes

I have always assumed that Christians were drawn to politics so they can legislate morality into the lives of others and send them all to prison or execute them if they don’t comply…in the spirit of brotherly and sisterly love, of course.

But if they ever cared to check the Bibles that they keep along with their Marine Scout Sniper Rifles, they would find that Romans 13:1-2 says “politics is a waste of time”, which sort of makes sense if your real aim is to find transcendent truth peace and meaning in your life. Basically the Christian global political reality is that its ultimately YHWH decides who is in power, not your crappy sense of democracy, your pathetic ritual vote or feeble protest march.

KJV Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God
2. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
So apparently, every Christian Trumpster, according to Paul, is Hell bound over the Big Lie.

2 Likes

Yet Jesus is recorded as saying Mark 12:17 " And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him."

Such a political statement has always confused me. On first reading it seems to refer to paying ones taxes. But there is also perhaps a deeper meaning. At that time, all people within the Roman Empire were obliged to worship Roman gods, even Caesar, as well as their own gods. Jesus would have been aware of that. Seems to me that he may have also been saying “worship the Roman gods, as well as the one true god” Very pragmatic advice.

The Jews refused to even give lip service to the worship of any gods other than YHWH. They were considered stiff necked by the Romans. Their behaviour of refusing to worship Roman gods and the various revolts, led to the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in 70 ce .

1 Like

All the words are finished.All the forums are trying to tell to someextend these two pictures.