Trump defeat. Another indication that God is fake?

Why do you keep pluralising the word stuff?

Not even remotely true. Trump and his camp have lost, what will happen is Biden will be the next President.

A very poor analogy as a) football, like the US laws on elections, are very explicit and don’t allow for “anything to happen”, and b) as far as this presidential election is concerned, the refs whistle has blown full time, and it’s over. Trump and his supporters can sulk and throw as many tantrums as they want, they lost, end of…

I don’t understand why Christians pray. Doesn’t God already know what you want? If you trust and have faith in God and everything is his plan then why pray? Don’t you have faith that it’s all his plan? If a prayer isn’t answered because it’s all some mysterious better plan, isn’t an answered prayer only done because that was his plan in the first place? I don’t get it.

1 Like

Does that make sense, to put your trust in an entity you know nothing about?

If you are that gullible, I have some land in Antarctica i can sell to you at a discount.

Indeed.

I like this clip with Stephen Fry speaking with a theist.

Just in case any of you have any doubt about how much Donald Trump lies and cheats, the following is dumbfounding…and he’s sitting the White House fuming because he lost the election…I’m worried.
How Golf explains Trump

Thanks smilingbirdfood. I don’t get into sports much (at all) but this speaker was entertaining and insightful. Explained alot.

Only a small subset of pagans in the US wanting political power wanted Trump to win. I have spent the last 5 years trying to get rid of him.

Vote Common Good are the Evangelicals horrified by what Trump has done to Christianity and are working to get rid of him.

The Catholic bishops support of Trump was a big factor in my leaving the Catholic church.

Post Trump, I now believe that 90% of ‘religious’ people only believe - I belong to the magic group that means I get to kill you.

The Trump Evangelicals have defined Christianity to the world as - Might makes right. I’ve got mine. Screw you. and If you hollar Jaysus!!!, you get to rape, kill, lie, cheat, steal and pillage with impunity.

I was a 3-4 X/week,50 year plus, cradle Roman Catholic watching the pedophile crisis in horror, especially when the previous entity in possession of the vatican compared women who want to be priests to pedophiles

The NYT had an article - 8/9/2020 on the evangelical support of Trump

They decided that Trump is more powerful than God.

They are afraid of losing their power in the country. “If Christ is for us, who can be against us.” If they were following God, their numbers wouldn’t be declining.

Deciding to partner with a known con man to retain power shows their moral compass is completely broken.

All my life I had been proud that the Catholic Church was worldwide; not the puppet of some tin pot local dictator. Then the bishops endorsed “Build the Wall” Trump. The Catholic Church is 1/6 of the WORLD population. The bishops support of Trump paints targets on the backs of their own congregations. Churches are being threatened. WE HAVE A HISPANIC POPE! Great career move there.

The founding member of our ladies’ auxiliary shouted “Speak English!” across the parking lot outside a local restaurant.

I WILL NOT BE PART OF A GROUP OF SADISTS!

I am still waiting for Cardinal Dolan’s sermon on how rape, torture, war against the rule of law, xenophobia, greed, increased maternal and fetal death rates show “respect for life.”

1 Like

I’m pleased that you won’t take a stand with sadists or an organization with a broken “moral compass” … years back … I did the same.

It made me sick :face_vomiting: when I “personally” saw or understood or realized the hypocrisy that had been there for decades upon decades.

Republican policy can be decided without Trump. Like the Democrats, there is a lot of work within the parties to be had - yet there are some great politicians quietly in the background (rising to the fore) in both sides…

@Fleeing_in_Terror

Good for you. You are walking in the footsteps jesus laid out and endorsed, not one that allows cruelty and the drive to control and retain power.

What garbage are we spewing?

Have faith in a god that destroys the earth with a flood? What lesson were we suppose to learn there?

And so what, there’s like billions of Christians out there. It doesn’t mean that a god is real, besides according to your bible.

1 Like

Joygirl is my god. He is mysterious. I worship all his hairy parts. I have pictures of him on my bedroom wall to protect me from the evil in the world. Joygirl brings joy to you in the night while you sleep.

A person may be a devout Jew, Christin, Muslim, or whatever and be a disgusting human being. Religious devotion is about belief, not behaviour.

In my opinion, if Joe Biden is good man, it is not because of his catholicism, but in spite of it.

Believers like to claim say Muslim suicide bombers are not ‘true’ 'Muslims or that pedophile priests are not 'true ’ catholics. Nonsense of course, identifying as a member of a specific a faith is simply about belief. Hence the suicide bomber may be a bad Muslim, but a Muslim nevertheless. So too the pedophile priest may remain a practising Catholic, just not a good one.

In the1960’s when I was a teen, hypocrisy was one of the major fault we saw adults. So course, we smugly exclaimed that we baby boomers were going to create a brave new world. And haven’t we done a bang up job! No doubt the current crop of adolescents accuse us of the same thing, and are just as right.

These days I realise that we human beings are deeply flawed by any moral ideal one chooses. That we lie often, and can be hypocritical are simply parts of the human condition.

Speaking of myself and all the people I’ve met, we are neither especially good nor especially bad. That includes the annoying apologists we get here

1 Like

A person who could think universal , is good one.

@Bayramer

“A person who could think universal , is good one.”

Again with the one sentence reply. I’m terribly sorry, but I don’t understand. The only thing which occurs is IMO speaking generally, neither the worst thing nor the best thing we ever do define us as people. I’m unconvinced human beings are quite that simple. Patterns of behaviour tend to define us I think.

2 Likes

I cant tell which is sadder; Kat Kerr’s insistence that she really has this super personal relationship with Jesus and God and her graphic descriptions of the afterlife 100 years into the future (of course, time travel has to be a part of eternal life, I really hadn’t thought of that) or Steve Schultz’s fawning exclamations (“Wow.”) at her descriptions of heaven…
She sure hit the prophetic bullseye with prediction God would let Trump win, didnt she?..I suppose Biden is now God’s favourite…there must have been some monumental communication fuck up for why did he not tell Kat?

1 Like

That would obviously be a person who has an updated translator.

1 Like

I thank to everyone who hear me . I understend that most of you could see the pathologies inside the sentences. I read all as a textbook.

Some conservatives refuse to lose an election .

1 Like

Its core claim was that Imperial Germany never lost World War I. Defeat, its proponents said, was declared but not warranted. It was a conspiracy, a con, a capitulation — a grave betrayal that forever stained the nation.

Sadly, the lessons from previous propaganda agendas AND/OR “political playbooks” (or just simple grift) is lost on “true loyalists (believers)”

They cringe, recoil, and scream it’s an exaggeration to pull out historical lessons YET hold to greater stretches of the imagination based on less “evidence” than is required for a simple civil claim.

3 Likes

“Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”

George Orwell, 1984

2 Likes