The religion-based after-life; what would one actually be doing in it?

I sometimes ask devoutly religious people what they think they will be doing in their after-life. I am a bit surprised to find that none of them so far have thought it through to a reasonable personal level and just accept the words of their priests and holy book. The obvious follow-up question is “won’t it be boring doing what ever it is for thousands or millions of years? “. The after-life idea is not always just a harmless idea to try to offset the sadness and grief of the death of our nearest and dearest and indeed for our future selves, it can also be utterly MURDEROUS… So many of those suicide bombers would not have done what they did if they had not been totally under the influence of those after-life visions conjured up by their deluded elders .

1 Like

I don’t care about the after life. I hardly ever think about it. I’ve had several Christians ask me questions like “What are you going to tell god when he judges you and sends you to hell?” and I’m like wtf? I don’t believe in those fantasies. But I will counter with “Well, what are you going to tell Allah when he judges you and sends you to Jahannam?”

2 Likes

How often among the religiose does thinking something through and determining good reasons for such a belief happen?

My bet is not often, which may be by conditioning or even design.

4 Likes

So…design huh? Are you saying their beliefs could not have just “come from nothing”? “popped into existence”? Uh, just curious…who is the “designer”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit for rhetoric

3 Likes

Poofed, actually. Poofed-ness has been well covered elsewhere, you see.

Actual photo of the designer designing beliefs along with the afterlife, the solstice, creatures going around in tin suits, and pugs.

3 Likes

They work to get their wings and then turn into angels. Once they get their wings, they fly among the clouds, play bingo on Wednesday night, sing Kum by Yah, and go to prayer meetings. It’s the perfect existence for all eternity.

2 Likes

There! There it is again, the Bingo reference. What are you up to with that shit?
Is this some subliminal sneakiness you are testing on unsuspecting innocents?

1 Like

You don’t seem to be well endowed on the satirical humor front. This site thrives on it often, it makes for an amusing read. I do think the f word is over used though.

I’ve been having nightmares.

3 Likes

Who are you addressing?

THERE IT IS!! I knew it! Somehow you are involved. Preying on innocent Bingoians…shame shame…

Edit for monkeyshines

1 Like

Believe me, I know what you fucking mean. No matter how many fucking times I try to tell them it’s not polite, these fuckers around here simply REFUSE to stop using the word “fanboy” in their posts. I honestly don’t know what the fuck their problem is. I guess some people just don’t give a fuck about the sensitivities of others… (shaking my damn head)…

2 Likes

Fuckin’A man…fucking fanboy this and fucking fanboy that… and then there’s that word fallacy! How many fucking times do we have to see that fucker? Ab hominy fallacy, Ad pop sickle fallacy, ignoramus fucker fallacy, two croquet mallets fallacy, and the list goes fucking on…

Edit: foad

2 Likes

Just imagine Tin’s post without the F words.

2 Likes

To take an objective view (in line with objectives of this site) let’s change that silly and meaningless usage of that old Anglo-Saxon word for the Latin equivalent in our posts to see how meaningless it is. So using your text as the example it becomes:

Believe me, I know what you copulating mean. No matter how many copulating times I try to tell them it’s not polite, these copulaters around here simply REFUSE to stop using the word “fanboy” in their posts. I honestly don’t know what the copulation their problem is. I guess some people just don’t give a copulation about the sensitivities of others… (shaking my damn head)…

1 Like

Yes, nicely put perhaps! Thank you also for explaining the term “fanboy” , (I’m an 83 year old guy often struggling to understand the latest buzz words.)

1 Like

Oddly enough, I rather like that for some reason. :thinking:… Hey, let’s try another substitution! :smiley: But just to mix things up a bit, let’s substitute the “S” word with another word. Here we go…

Believe me, I know what the feces you mean. No matter how many defecating times I try to tell them it’s not polite, these defecaters around here simply REFUSE to stop using the word “sissy-boy” in their posts. I honestly don’t know what the feces their problem is. I guess some people just don’t give a defecation about the sensitivities of others… (shaking my damn head )…

(Edit for potty break.)

I have an idea. In order to prevent the use of that awful “F” word of “fallacy”, let’s use “phallus-ie” instead. For instance, the Attention-Dysfuctional Phallus-ie. Or, perhaps, the Size Doesn’t Matter Phallus-ie (A subset of the Ad Populum Fallacy). Of course, there is always the Questionable Entry Phallus-ie. We also have the Premature Conclusion Phallus-ie, along with the Morning Salute Phallus-ie. The Cobalt Spheres Phallus-ie is never welcomed, as it is often difficult to find assistance to help counter it. And the list goes on and on. Bottom line, though, is we never have to use that fucking “F” word again.

1 Like

Nothing beats a good Phallus-ie. Unless of course it’s the Beat Off Phallus-ie.
I know I shouldn’t post when I’m tired :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Uh…well I suppose, considering you ARE an experienced and knowledgeable phallustilist, we should consider your most reasonable and well articulated suggestions. Of course much can be gleaned from the stories from the Bible regarding the Phallustines, as in the story of Goliath which so succinctly demonstrated, size does not matter…

Edit: thanks for the “hands on” approach

1 Like