The Future Is Not Atheist

The same way Greek Mythology was “defeated” :sunglasses:

OR any previous gods, namely “pagan deities”.

Eggs. You defeat them with eggs. Lots of eggs. If I tell you any more I will have to take you out. Just be aware that it can be done and it is being worked on.

Beat them with eggs? Is this some kind of yoke?

I know, I know, worst pun ever.

2 Likes

I do have some eggs, maybe a mushroom and bacon omelette would help?

Ok I’m.in…

1 Like

I have a bible, would it help if I beat it with a stick, or put it in a corner, and made fun of it?

I guess we will have to wait until Bullwinkle returns to enlighten us.

Only if you make it wear a dunce hat.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I’d point out that (as cog has previously) that ALL human beings are agnostic about a great many things, beginning with religious beliefs . No human being knows there is a god, they simply believe. As such beliefs are based on faith they may be described as superstitions.

ME? I call myself an agnostic atheist. IE I do nor believe in god(s) but do not claim to know there are no god(s).

1 Like

If SD thinks pagans and sniveling atheists can defeat the finely honed tenets of the Abrahamic religions, he should inform us of the fundamentals of his own brand of paganism, so we understand what we might have to work with.
It puts me in mind of one of the very earliest engagements of the Hebrew god with pagans. It was Elijah versus Baal in a no holds barred knock down competition to call down fire from heaven for a barbecue of a bullock.
The pagan priests failed. Elijah won impressviely despite self-imposed handicaps.
And here’s the kicker. The pagan priests were all executed by the audience mob. These Abrahamic bullies can be vindictive bastards. A major part of their historical success has been through violence and aggressive discrimination.
What ever you’ve got SD, it better be good.

3 Likes

Judaism, the first of the Abrahamic religions , was invented by a tribe of illiterate, nomadic bronze age goat herders ca the first millennium bce. Their lives would have been nasty, brutish and short. It makes sense to me that the god they invented would be a dead cunt.

Modern day Paganism comes from two sets of ideas as far as I can see: from Aleister Crowley, self proclaimed wickedest man in the world and one of his disciples, Gerald Gardner. It was Gardner who bowdlerized what he thought he knew about Druidism and invented Wicca.

Not surprised our little friend has not explained his beliefs. Going by his posts it’s just another word he likes, without understanding. As he does with ‘atheist’ and ‘agnostic’.

2 Likes

Still no sign of Bullwinkle? I’ll just have to sulk in my corner then, wow that was almost prescient of him.

1 Like

I think paganism has an unwritten book that is not allowed.

I don’t quite follow. Not allowed by whom, to do what?

1 Like

Thank you for your input. See the thing I got here was “your religion is no better than the current one”… I never came here to push my religion. I only intended to beg for an ALLIANCE! And everyone just assumed I was a Pagan looking to push my beliefs. I am asking all non-Christians to unite

What a broken record sounds like.

Not only have you avoided answering questions regarding your delusional alliance, BUT you failed to answer questions regarding your theist beliefs.

THIS is an atheist forum - not a “anti-Christian, Muslim or Jew” gathering :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yet remained stubbornly reticent about what this alliance would involve, or what you hoped to achieve with it, beyond sweeping vapid rhetoric. Like “beating the bible”, whatever the fuck that means?

Yeah I’m loathe to call you a liar, but I don’t believe that is factually correct, so I’m caught between a rock and your sophistry.

So you want theists in your cult as well then? So muslims jews hindus, all theists except Christians?

One more time then, TO WHAT END? What specifically are you hoping to achieve, and how exactly are you hoping to achieve it?

I look forward to more of your evasion and reticence.

2 Likes

Alliance? You are trying to herd cats, puppy dogs, gnomes, apes, and old men on trikes. Get frigging real! Beyond agreeing that there is no good evidence for a god or gods, we simply do not have that herd mentality. If you are going to make a case for coming together and burning Churches… you got to do a whole lot better than … “Everyone is like a pagan because we all eat the same brand of breakfast cereal.” Your attempts are inane.

Why? Was your mother bitten by a christian while she was pregnant with you?

I do understand that you are reluctant to outline your own beliefs and the reason for your anti christian stance. . So far you come across as an ignorant and angry bigot. I really have no interest in your rants or corkscrew logic.

2 Likes

The high point surely, is the idea he’s going to unite all non Christian religions under his crusade to…well we don’t know that bit yet, but it’s still fucking hilarious nonetheless…:joy::joy:

What he needs is a mission statement, a manifesto if you will.

People have been effectively doing that since he came here, by asking for explanations of terms and the reason for the focus only on christianity. I’m beginning to think we may have a troll.

Fucked as it its I quite like the Bible.
Before JRR Tolkien it was the only mass produced fantasy adventure story we had. Further it has been said that without the Bible as a reference it would be nearlly impossible to understand the majority of idiomatic expressions in the English language, utilising such specific examples as Jacobs Ladder, the prodigal son, pearls before the swine, bearing a cross, a Damascene moment, and other colourful situations that provide shortcut expressions for complicated circumstances. There is no mistake that the KJV Bible and Shakespeares works were published in around the same time and you certainly could not understand a lot of Shakespeare without the Bible either. There are very few bad books I’d burn. Its better to know about bad ideas. The current attacks on Critical Race Theory is ill advised and just knee jerk reationary stuff. Book burning certainly didnt help Hitler and now I’ve reached my Godwin limit I withdraw. Again.

3 Likes