Seeking Asylum: A Cry for Help from an Atheist in Algeria

Hello, I’m new here, a 22yrsold atheist from Algeria. I’m unsure where to begin in recounting my experience, but let me share what I face here. I’m compelled to fast during Ramadan and live among many people who believe that drinking camel urine is medicinal.
I’m pressured to be dishonest, unable to live openly as an atheist but instead conforming to Islamic practices, and I face harassment because of my appearance.
This makes me feel imprisoned, not just in Algeria, but in every aspect of my false life that I’m forced to maintain to avoid social and legal consequences. I seek asylum in any country, regardless of its situation, with the sole condition of being free as an atheist and not experiencing the harassment I face here.
So Does anyone know ways for atheists to seek asylum?
Any advice or information would be appreciated. Please share your experiences and thoughts.
Thanks for listening

1 Like

Log into Atheist Republic “Facebook” See if the link on this site helps. Need Asylum? Keep Calm and Read on

4 Likes

Are there areas within Algeria that are safer and more accepting?
Moving away from friends and family that are extremely religious to an area where people are more likeminded may also be an answer.

3 Likes

In Algeria, the only difference lies in the names of regions and states, but everyone thinks the same way, That’s why there’s no region more affluent than the other, and here I intentionally generalize !

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve read it, I think I’ll start working on that.

1 Like

In the mean time, @Elhadi.alia, you are more than welcome to fully participate in these chat forums so that you can be around like-minded folks. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello @Elhadi.alia I’m Daniel age 23 from South Africa . I hope you enjoy your time here and also that Asylum link helps :blush::slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Thank you daniel, gratitude for your kindness and support :blush:

Hello! I wish I could help you out but unfortunately I can’t sorry my friend.

1 Like

My friend, your words mean a lot to me. I will try my best for myself and for all atheists who are in a situation like mine in the future! Thank you😊

1 Like