Satanic after school club

Thank you.

I also wonder why there hasn’t been more of a public outcry.

I was a paramedic in gun-infested South Florida for almost 12 years, and I absolutely hate the fucking AR-15 rifle. I’ve seen kids who have been shot with it, and it’s difficult to comprehend the damage that can be done to the human body by just one bullet.

Just the other day, a drunk was in his yard shooting off his AR-15 just for the hell of it, and the neighbor asked him to stop because they were trying to get the baby to go to sleep.

So what does this asshole do?

He goes to the neighbor’s house and kills 5 of them (including an 8 year old), and then goes on the run with his rifle.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/04/29/us/cleveland-texas-shooting/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwj89I2o_Nj-AhU5TjABHQVIDOMQFnoECDEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0nVEEGF1wXLPEsmsRjUXxY

Everybody is so worried about the damage done to children by drag shows–and they pass all of these laws calling drag shows a form of public obscenity–yet they don’t give a shit about protecting kids from guns.

And to make it even more twisted, Sikhs (here in Florida, at least) get a ton of grief for carrying the kirpan . . . yet they’re passing a law that will allow almost anyone to carry a concealed gun with no permit. See below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/florida-concealed-carry-no-permit-ron-desantis/&ved=2ahUKEwiIr5nx_tj-AhU8SDABHbCdA_AQFnoECBkQBQ&usg=AOvVaw3J3GskLUWk9PZTzSUf-AvC

I often feel like I’ve been dropped down a rabbit hole, and that I really don’t understand my world any more.

People tell me that I don’t understand because of the social blindness of my autism, and that it would make sense if I wasn’t autistic.

I haven’t had a drink in almost 18 years . . . and lately I’ve been wanting to start again.

3 Likes

I haven’t stopped drinking in 18 years and most of what we discuss in these forums is exactly why…self medication to soothe the ills of living.

3 Likes

You and I are as of one mind it seems. Though lately I’ve been deliberately going without any alcohol for 3 to 4 days a week. I must admit throughout lockdown as i was also going through a financially catastrophic and acrimonious divorce I had a drink pretty much every single evening, though often this might involve a single glass of wine with my evening meal.

I get the occasional lecture on my drinking, but on the whole I have no wife, children, and at the moment am not working (I will take a contract for a couple of months a year) so it’s my life and as long as my drinking affects no one else and I am not dependant on it or suffering from withdrawal if I stop, then it’s my business and mine alone.

I don’t judge, each to their own.

1 Like

Good on both of you. Cheers! I’m gona ahvve another rum of cup right now.

2 Likes

I gave up booze because I’m part native american, and I was starting to have problems.

So I gave it up.

2 Likes

Touché! I couldn’t agree more! We can only hope that Millennials and Gen Z don’t have their heads up their asses as far as so many of the Boomers and Gen X do. And let’s hope they go to the polls and vote these legislators out who, IMO, are culpable for murder.

3 Likes

Yes . . . not only culpable for murder, but culpable of “murder for money.”

I argue that these politicians have a lot in common with a mafiosi hit man, as they accept money and campaign contributions from gun lobbies (like the NRA) and gun manufacturers, when they know in advance that innocent people (including children) will die because of this.

As long as they get the money, they push to restrict legislation on gun control.

Even so, I must disclose (in the spirit of honesty) that I do own two guns for my hurricane and disaster supplies . . . but I submit that a bolt action hunting rifle with 4 total rounds, and a single-shot .22 is different than an AR-15 assault rifle.

1 Like

As a split between Gen x and millennial. From what I see of my colleagues and younger, I think that to be accurate. Gen Z in all my experiences is a lot slower to violent outbursts and threats of violence. Gen X has a very weird mixed split in my opinion of well meaning people, but accepting of endorsing violence as a means to an end. A rather counter productive means to an end towards solving what they see as existential threats.

But what can you expect, having grown up on Mad Max movies and the bombastic 80s machismo. Red Dawn, The Day After Tomorrow, and everything Arnold Schwarzenegger. Culturally they were fed nothing but violent rhetoric. Unfortunately now younger generations are seeing where all of that got them. It just got them labeled as violent punks and metal music demon lovers. It distracted from the message a lot of them actually wanted to put forth. Now these Gen Xs have kids and seem to be pushing them away from all of that awful vitriolic garbage.

And boomers are well….boomers, don’t think there needs to be much explanation there. Weird time to be alive.

Edit: Agreed on culpable of murder.

2 Likes

Well it looks like our friends at the ACLU have prevailed… Federal judge clears way for After School Satan Club (and religious freedom)
Edit (the devil is in the details)

1 Like

Federal judge clears way for After School Satan Club (and religious freedom)
.Nothing like following the law for a change.

3 Likes

Quitter - lol lol lol

1 Like

I am enthralled at the prospect of a Satan Club forming at the school in the small town I live near, in “Bible Whacker Valley Missouri”. I have always wanted to watch a slow motion train wreck…

2 Likes

The only reservation I have with the Satan club has to do with violence.

When I was a paramedic in South Florida during the 80s and 90s, Planned Parenthood clinics were firebombed over distributing condoms, and AIDS clinics were being terrorized.

I realize that this isn’t a reason for religious liberty to be restricted . . . but I still don’t want to see Molotov cocktails and such being used by right-wingers.

Of course not, neither do I. Sometimes it is necessary to take a stand against repressive and restrictive attitudes and policies. This remains true even when faced with potential violence. The longer the inevitable is postponed, the greater the risk, in many instances. We have to choose our “battles” wisely, but not shrink from confrontation when the cause is just. That does not imply resorting to violence ourselves.
Often the power the lunatics possess has been acquired through the complacency or acquiescence of others.
The terrorism you allude to is much like that which many of us observed in the 1960’s against the civil rights movement. The bravery exhibited in the face of oppression was and remains to be, rather humbling.
I don’t disagree that things could “go south” quickly, given the propensity for violence that many here in the U.S. openly display.
I can only imagine the anxiety you experienced
seeing the suffering exacted by the AIDS epidemic exacerbated by violence directed towards those attempting to alleviate some of that suffering.
The violence perpetrated on Planned Parenthood and such, serves as an example of the rank hypocrisy of organized religion.
The path forward, through the morass of ignorance and intolerance, is likely to be a rocky one fraught with risks and dangers.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for providing me with greater clarity on the subject (and I promise I’m not being sarcastic and/or snide).

I agree that violence is always a possibilty when something better comes along, and we are unified toward social change . . . the 60s are a great example and, perhaps, the Prohibition Era.

During Prohibition, violent, brutal, and/or sociopathic criminals were romantic, counter-culture celebrities. Al Capone is an example, as is Lucky Luciano . . . and a hood that my father knew in passing named Carmine DiRusso . . . an extremely educated, tasteful, old-world gentleman who happened to be a monster who was directly implicated in over 16 known murders (including several cold cases). These assholes were famous celebrities whom were worshipped by the populace.

So, I guess you’re right when you say that violence should not be a deterrant toward trying to address social problems . . . I just wish it wasn’t so.

I would like to believe that we can learn from other peoples’ mistakes, but this simple idea is, apparently, unreasonable.

1 Like

I think it is entirely reasonable for some of us.
The example(s) you gave are an example of why I indicated the importance of “choosing your battles wisely” :anguished:
Most of the early Mafia figures were just brutal thugs. Most had little to no formal education. Because they stood up for the abused Italian immigrants, they were respected by many other downtrodden people as well. One of my brothers grew up in Rome and spent summers in Sicily, so I could tell you some stories…

2 Likes

I’m sure everyone knows this from your posts. However…have you considered what you’re missing…:innocent::joy:

1 Like

Sadly people project the idea they might be hugely wealthy and successful, but often without rigorously examining the cost to others…the American dream…

Anyone can succeed, but not everyone you will note…

1 Like

Blessed be… What are your feelings on this matter sir…

1 Like