Religious terrorism in U.S.A

I’m dubious, especially since you seem to have made a sweeping claim, but omitted to demonstrate any evidence to support it, quelle surprise. It’s also not clear what your point is here?

So:

1. Clearly and concisely express your point.
  2. Support all your claims with sufficient evidence.
2 Likes

It was many times longer…and I only addressed ‘arson.’ There were other attacks, murders, and damages. I don’t think I posted even half of the incidents.

1 Like

It is a conundrum. My way of thinking is that if you want the right for yourself, the right to have a business open to the public to serve you too, you have to extend that right to everyone, with the exception of out right hate groups or terrorist. Personally I would take my business and money to people who didn’t despise me or think me unworthy of their god, if I could. Any KKK member or Nazi who take their cratering needs to a member of a group who have every right to hold a grudge, then they deserve whatever bodily fluids they possibly end up ingesting.

1 Like

That’s one way of looking at it.

Thank you for responding to my post.

Somebody may have commented on this already but the Nazi swastika and the Buddhist symbol are not the same. Granted, they are easily confused.

1 Like

I agree that they aren’t technically the same, but the distinction is irrelevant.

This is because if a bunch of assholes spray painted Buddhist swastikas on a local synagogue . . . the fact that they are Buddhist swastikas won’t be an adequate defense in court if they are being tried for a hate crime.

1 Like

They may also “rule” on such a case using their “shadow docket” as they’ve increasingly done over the last decade. If that happens, there’ll be no written ruling and no public disclosure of how each justice voted.

1 Like

Interesting point. I asked my cousin about this (he’s a rabbi) and he said if he was a baker he’d bake a cake with a swastika for a Buddhist customer without hesitation because he doesn’t associate Buddhists with the Nazi’s and knows the swastika was an ancient symbol before it was adopted by the Nazi’s.

3 Likes

Sure; and the government should have to right to tear up your business license should you exercise that right.

2 Likes

The conservative Catholic news is all about the pro-life pregnancy centers being vandalized, the Pro Life protestors being beaten, and the California religious statues being smashed.

1 Like

It doesn’t. I contains instructions on how to cause an abortion - IF THE MAN WANTS to kill the woman’s child.

Same with the Catholic priests. It is perfectly fine then, just ask Bishop Timlin & Cardinal Law. Timlin may have been the monster who confirmed my son. His letter of condolence to the priest who impregnated the teenager and procured an abortion for her was in the PA AG report.

Law arranged an induced abortion for the teenager who was the entertainment for his gang of priests.

2 Likes

Augustine said the fetus was ensouled when the reproductive organs became visible.

1 Like

In some imagery used by the Nazi . . . the Nazi swastika and the Buddhist swastika are the same.

See below for Hitler’s personal standard:

And below, see the symbol on the Enlightened One:

I recognize that it’s only a symbol . . . but so is a “gay” wedding cake.

I agree.

I wasn’t suggesting that I should refuse to make a swastika cake for a Buddhist celebration, as I know the (extremely vast) difference between a Nazi and a Buddhist.

I was only pointing out a possible double-standard that seemed relevant to the “gay wedding cake” issue.

Interesting. First time I’ve seen that. I wouldn’t entirely discount the possibility that some carver of inexpensive wooden buddhas was confused.

1 Like

It was the Nazi that perverted a sacred, widespread symbol that spans several cultures and continents.

The swastika was even sacred to the Navaho, Lakota, and Commanche Native Americans.

Carl Sagan (who was Jewish) even commented on this at length in his 1985 book Comet (which he co-authored with his wife Ann Druyan), as he seems to associate the swastika with an astronomical process related to a comet.

Here’s a brief rundown of American Indian connections…

1 Like

The only topological difference I’ve seen is sometimes the symbol will have 4 dots and other times it doesn’t.

1 Like

True . . . but also the Nazi swastika is “tilted,” and the Buddhist ones are generally flat . . . except for Hitler’s personal standard, which is a flat swastika just like some of the Buddhist ones.

The Asian swastika can face left or right. Nazi swastika’s only face right. " he clockwise or right hand icon is called swastika , while the counterclockwise or left hand icon is called sauwastika or sauvastika .The clockwise swastika is a solar symbol , Surya, suggesting the motion of the Sun in India the northern hemisphere, where it appears to enter from the east, then ascend to the south at midday, exiting to the west.The counterclockwise sauwastika is less used; it connotes the night, and in tantric traditions it is an icon for the goddess the terrifying form of Devil. The symbol also represents activity, karma, motion, wheel, and in some contexts the lotus. According to Norman McClelland its symbolism for motion and the Sun may be from shared prehistoric cultural roots.

Swastika - Wikipedia.

1 Like