Religious bigotry and discrimination AOK 👍

The dramatic nature of Thursday’s decision was underlined by the fact that the case involved government contracting— an area of the law in which the court in the past has said that government is at the apex of its power to impose conditions on how the taxpayers’ money is spent.

The city’s contracts ban discrimination against LGBTQ couples in the screening of foster parents, but Catholic Social Services, citing religious grounds, has a policy of refusing to consider and certify same-sex couples. When the CSS policy was disclosed in press reports, the city ended its contract with CSS for those services in the future. CSS sued, arguing that the city’s position violated its constitutional right to the free exercise of religion.

The Becket Fund, representing CSS, argued that the city was trying to exclude CSS from work that it has done "for two centuries."

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/17/996670391/supreme-court-rules-for-a-catholic-group-in-a-case-involving-gay-rights-foster-c

Simple. A government contract. Government conditions. NO discrimination. Catholics could run their precious 200 year service privately.

Fuck. Sign the contract for equal consideration BUT allow the religious “morality” to over-ride and discriminate. Jesus fuckin’Christ :rage:

EDITED to add: “Kill the Indian - save the man, civilize the savage”… The Catholic Residential schools in their precious 200 years has buried in unmarked graves thousands of children left in their “capable” care BASED on their “moral standards”!

Come here little one… I will give you a tummy rub. The world is certainly fucked up.

I need a tummy rub!

Foster kids are no picnic :basket: (lol…as you’re well aware) SO, what I’d like to know is how in the fuck does fucking (or lack thereof) make you a more “qualified parent”???

CSS checklist:

:white_check_mark: Married
:white_check_mark: Male and female (He created them)
:white_check_mark: Adultery
:white_check_mark: Open-marriage (:shushing_face:)
:white_check_mark: Diddlers (hmmmm “didn’t make the collar
calling”)

Uh oh :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

NOW guess what??? US has opened itself for religious state-sponsored (with tax dollars :dollar:) bigotry… NO longer confined to “private business”.

1 Like

I’m not a judge :woman_judge: NOR am I as competent as some in here when it comes to arguments. In reading the transcript, Smith appears to be the hinge - however the arguments the judges have used (in different ways) is comparing the law banning “wine” and “kosher meat” (in connection with Smith)…

I would argue that wine and meat are not breathing, living humans with protections under law to be treated with equal considerations. A person can discriminate against food- express themselves “religiously” (wear a hijab :woman_with_headscarf:t2:) - BUT when a contract for a secular community service has “NON-DISCRIMINATION” requirements because it is HUMANS (not a form of religious expression) … “non-equal consideration” based on belief is NOT acceptable.

This bigotry (obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.) is being upheld by the Supreme Court (for now). Religious moral judgements on an identifiable group based on a “pick and choose” religious standard. For example - Can a non-Catholic apply to foster through CSS?

My point is, say a JW child is placed in foster care and it maybe :thinking: appropriate to place that child with a JW foster family.
Or a Muslim child with a Muslim family (no pork) - similar religious beliefs.

To outright discriminate with nothing more than a subjective religious moral value (which is not ILLEGAL) is state-sponsored bigotry and is in direct conflict with human rights and equal treatment/access.

lack of fucking gives you more time for parenting… wait a minute… that might not be right… lack of fucking leads to thinking about fucking and more hours spent on internets sites watching fucking and ignoring the kids…Hmmmm It could be a toss…

I don’t know.

Just so. It doesn’t

However, we need the working class to scare the shit out of the middle class.

You might enjoy this film:

Gattaca is one of my favourites.

Mine too.

Recently watched about half of a dystopian TV series ; "Raised By Wolves’’. Didn’t quite get it, a bit too surreal for me. I needed to watch an explanatory clip on YouTube. It has that bloke from Vikings who played Ragnar Lothbrok.

This week I’ve been indulging in a hobby; looking for good ‘small’ movies. I got hold of about a dozen ,and have just begun watching them. There are some excellent old movies free on Youtube too.