Religion contributing to food insecurity

2 Likes

Good start, but I’m not seeing any chilli peppers or hot sauce in that pic.

3 Likes

Cough cough, I sort of don’t have your tastes (and courage) for hot spices and shit like that. I was raised on a traditional English diet, they boil everything bland.

3 Likes

It’s because of morons like these people that I fucking hate religion. Apparently, ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Agree 100%.

I still haven’t got a straight answer as to why it’s wrong to refer a hungry family to the Sikh langar . . . beyond being told that the whole world can see why it’s inappropriate . . . but I can’t . . . because I deliberately choose not to see it.

“If we have to explain it to you, then you’d be too stupid to understand anyway.”

This is why I blame my autism. I didn’t have the insight to see that suggesting a free vegetarian meal from the Sikhs is a bad thing.

I even found out that–if you get community service in the local court system–any number of soup kitchens count toward your hours, but not hours spent working in a Sikh langar.

Things like these I don’t get.

Maybe the Sikhs don’t give a kick-back (at least in that area). Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know.

I just think that the whole situation is profoundly stupid, and I should have kept my mouth shut and not got involved.

No. Actually you have it correct, boiling it down to it’s simplest terms. Some religions such as christianity are transactional, one must give something in order to receive something else.

What christianity preaches is in direct contradiction with their practices, they do not just give stuff away. And do not expect any support from any authority in any church, this transactional practice is what fills their coffers.

3 Likes

Wow… Could those fuckers be just a little more condescending? Damn, wish I could have been there when they said that to you. I would have had a BUNCH of fun yanking those rods out of their asses… :thinking::thinking::thinking:…(Or maybe shoving them in further. It would depend on the individual.)

1 Like

That is a failed argument, that god is too complex for us understand or some other avoidance technique. One famous quote attributed to Einstein was “If you can’t explain it to a six year old, you don’t understand it yourself.”

If a minister or priest can not explain, and resorts to “You can not understand” or “god’s ways are mysterious to us humans”., that opens up the counter-attack that if this was true, then we humans can not determine anything about this supposed god, from it’s practices to motivations.

2 Likes

And ain’t it funny how those who say that most often are the same ones who are quick to tell you what god wants from/for us. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Thank you all again very much for the validation. I was feeling very much like it was my fault that I couldn’t understand the situation.

I did learn better about how and when to keep my mouth shut, however.

1 Like

True dat…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

And exactly why Monkeydumb is so much better.

1 Like

The problem with Monkeydumb, though, is that everybody has to watch where they step when walking down the hallway and in the rec room. :poop:

1 Like

Kevin, at work you are surrounded by rabid religious nuts who are extremely polarized in their beliefs. And if you do anything to challenge those beliefs in any way, as a group they will attempt to drown you in their opinions, namely telling you that you are wrong.

As an atheist I do understand that these days I am not perfect and my opinions and perspective are skewed, hopefully in the direction of humanity and reason.

So who makes more sense?

2 Likes

No solution is perfect.

2 Likes

Again, I wish to thank everyone for the validation and support.

It’s not wrong. Nothing you have tried to do is wrong. I wish I could show you how I perceive you to be. Confident you are doing the right thing by giving people dealing with food insecurity a resource and an opportunity. You see through, and recognise the hypocrisy of the christian’s you work with and their narrow, biased, detrimental (potentially deadly) and decidedly all around unhelpful attitudes, actions (and lack thereof) to people who are not like them.

You are trying to actively engage and work to make your world a better place. Don’t ever forget that about yourself. And don’t worry about how you are perceived. I see you and you are perfectly fine.

2 Likes