Plato & Aristotle: The Great Separation

Should I even bother debating with this religtard? He sure is spouting a lot of crazy bullshit.

I corrected that. It is certain our friend is a theist.

But as a general rule of thumb, if a new member declares they are agnostic, in almost every example they are a theist.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve seen it so many times on here. Them declaring themselves as Agnostic is a way for Theists to test boundaries.

What irks me is the dishonesty and inability to stand behind their convictions.

2 Likes

Makes sense. We have the Atheist -Theist, chart on the homepage and so we all know Agnosticism is not a category seperate from atheist or Theist. It overlaps and yet we still have Agnostic as an option for logging into the site. We could start educating the theists at the front door.

2 Likes

Well, fuck. I’m convinced. Here’s my wallet!
Best argument for the existence of God I have ever heard.

2 Likes

Oh Cog! Thank you so much for the wallet, I’ll sleep with it under my pillow! :heart_eyes:

If “(HEAVENS)” means chocolate bars, then yes I would believe you. If it turned out to be something involving magic (as the name suggests), I wouldn’t. Details matter.

2 Likes

But wait! Everyone knows love and child birth are magic!

1 Like

What objective evidence can you demonstrate to support any of those claims?

That reads like pure gibberish sorry, slow down and make clear concise points and properly support them with sufficient evidence and sound argument, you just seem to be ranting and reeling off bare or unevidenced claims, that will get short shrift here.

2 Likes

I know no such thing, and do you seriously imagine using a word to describe something literally makes the description true? I’d like to believe you can do a little better than that in support of superstition.

Two more bare assertions, and still not one shred of objective evidence or cogent argument.

You’ve come to the wrong place possibly, as this is a debate forum, and not a place to proselytise.

Evolution is an objective scientific fact, whether one accepts this has little relevance, since all the objective scientific evidence supports it. Denying it is no less absurd than denying the rotundity of the earth. Your biased and subjective expectations notwithstanding of course.

You can’t really be suggesting humans are perfect, can you? Why pick one species of evolved great apes to imagine are perfect among the vast number of species that have evolved?

No thanks, I see no benefit in being deliberately irrational, or in indulging unevidenced superstition.

2 Likes

Are you claiming to know this? Only if you are it seems innately contradictory, if not then one could claim literally anything based on subjective bias, which is all you appear to have to offer, or can you demonstrate anything approaching objective evidence to support your claims and beliefs?

Where is the value in indulging in speculation about the hypothetical characteristics of unevidenced imaginary deities?

Those are not mutually exclusive positions thus one can believe neither both or either one. FYI atheism is not a belief, it is the lack or absence of belief.

Gibberish, one need not say no to a claim in order to disbelieve it. This is very poor reasoning, though this attempt to reverse the burden of proof, so to speak, seems to be very popular among theistic apologetics.

On what exactly?

1 Like

We are. My best example is our spine, curved and prone to problems. I understand why, it is a result from evolving from animals that walked on all fours. If a god designed man a spine would be straight to take the loads properly.

Cancer, diabetes, arthritis, degenerative diseases, yes, we are imperfect animals.

2 Likes

We were all born into a universe awash with lethal ionizing radiation, with no instincts/knowledge of it, and no way to detect it.

5 Likes

The spine is prone to problems, but not as a result of the normal sagittal curves.

Should the spine be straight in orientation as viewed from the side, this would cause problems with balance and spinal degeneration rather than relieve them.

1 Like

I stand corrected.

Thank you for this information Bluedoc, I shall research this further and add to my information and delete a misconception.

1 Like

If we are so perfect why is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) a thing? That’s just god fucking with people for no obvious reason, murdering a perfectly healthy infant, as opposed to an evolutionary defect?

I would call that imperfection before I would assume it’s some divine abusive sadistic father .

1 Like

Wait even better yet, if we are so perfect why did my infant penis have to get mutilated?!?$!?

I have a video to send that decently outlines the currently held reasons, should anyone ever be interested.

I am.

@CosmicPriest369 This is how it works. I was in error, science and Bluedoc corrected me. I am not so arrogant to believe I know everything.

2 Likes