Personal experience

I am a schizophrenic and know what I am talking about when I talk about the voices.

1 Like

But….are you every schizophrenic?

2 Likes

LOL… Now there is an oxymoron. If only personal experience were reliable, you would be all set? When you say ‘Hear’ what do you mean. Obviously if you are ‘hearing,’ those around you should also be able to hear.

Hear: the faculty of perceiving sounds. With what organ are you perceiving sounds if not your ears? If you are not using your ears and have no external validation for the sounds you ‘hear.’ How is that distinct from an auditory hallucination?

You’re just not very good at understanding what qualifies as evidence are you?

The voices are heard in the minds of the mad.

1 Like

One of the symptoms of schizophrenia is a pronounced difficulty to distinguish between hallucinations and reality, and the rate of hallucinations among schizophrenics is much higher than in the general population, at around 70-80%.

Though again this is has little to do with your sweeping absolute that:

As @CyberLN points out, you can’t know absolutely what other schizophrenics experience, we can only point to the medical facts and the lack of evidence that anything supernatural is occurring.

Nice to meet you! Do you believe the voices are a product of chemical imbalance? Or maybe a manifestation of psychological conflicts? :thinking:

I’m slightly “Abby Normal”, and the only voice I hear in my mind is my own. We don’t always agree with each other though.

There are many possibilities to what we see.
For example; If I see a ghost in my lawn,it can be hallucination but if multiple people saw same figure than its collective concious experience.
I have many friends who tell me they watched a being passing through doors when they were 9.
Look I know some of the people here can argue my collective concious ghost experience but I have myself seen a ghost when I was 9.
Why 9.
What is so special about 9.
Speaking as an atheist myself.

1- It can be changing brain chemistry at spefic point.
2-What type of ghost do you see?
3- Is your ghost common in your town?
4-Any physical marks or fear of that incidence.
5-Any forgotten memory.

Same here but I want to know why it happened.
The reason I am amazed is that I watched them on second floor with pairs male and female.
They looked different than I could ever imagine.
So how did my mind imagined them?
There are only questions and no answers!

It can be possible,but why you.
Were you special.
Their maybe something more in you than others because they choose only few if they exist.
Again only questions and no answers!

Yes we can treat them like lucid dreams as writing down dreams help us identify subconscious inner reality like Jung would say.

And some see alien abduction and one of the interesting similarities they have is that they can be energy and people perceive them as per their psyche or they can be 4D being.
I don’t want to shutoff my mind because I don’t have evidence I won’t call a sane person mad who watches ghosts only once in childhood or few times without a mental disorder.
But do I have explaination,No.
I can guess aliens,jinns,ghosts are same and they are here for a reason.
Or just some more research is done.
We need stastical data of all experience and conclude what these unique experience tell us about our reality.

Yes yes,try to collect these pictures they can add upto a file of meanings.

Edit: In schizophrenia you have a disorder but suppose you take the studies of Dr John Mack where abductees had no schizophrenia or mental illness.
It’s another type of experience like a chemical releasing in brain for no reason, it doesn’t need to be paranormal,it can be just normal.
But we need a research why it releases at specific time to like 9 year old.
Just more research on human mind.

I have your answer: “Believing is seeing.” By believing in such things you actually train your brain to see them. Every bump in the night is an evil spirit.
Every shadow in the dark is a ghost. And if you happen to be with fellow believers, a shared hallucination is a real thing. \

As a young boy I saw a demon looking out from behind a tree. I was called over to the road that looked into the forest by other boys who were all in agreement, something evil was behind the tree. I was one of the youngest and I ran home to tell my mother. She came out to the boys to inquire why they were scaring her kid. The boys all pointed to something peeking out from behind the tree. Mom walked out to the tree, looked at it, and reported, 'There is nothing here. Go home!"

So, what was it? I have no idea but I recall seeing a wolf man like figure hiding behind the tree. First he would poke his head out on one side and then the other. My best guess as an adult. There were dark spots on either side of the tree and as my body or head naturally moved from side to side, I projected that movement onto the tree. First I saw one side of the tree and then the other. So I saw a dark spot on one side and then the other and my brain made a face.

If you believe in bullshit, you are more likely to see it. That is 'IN FACT" how brains work.

4 Likes

Is it all about believing?
You mean the wolf can be percieved as lion by others.
What if it was a ghostly energy and your mind acted like a receiver and percieved that energy as ghost and same for other percieving him lion.

Actually there is some research and evidence for shared hallucinations. Also in the absence of any objective evidence this would be a bare appeal to numbers, or an argumentum ad populum fallacy. More importantly how are you defining ghost here, and what objective evidence demonstrates such a thing is possible? Not having an explanations for something is just that, and nothing more, this sounds like an appeal to mystery to me, what in apologetics is termed a god of the gaps polemic, except instead of inserting a deity you’re inserting the word ghost, equally meaningless, unevidenced and undefined, it has no explanatory powers whatsoever to explain the claim.

“Folie à deux (‘folly of two’, or ‘madness [shared] by two’), additionally known as shared psychosis or shared delusional disorder (SDD), is a collection of rare psychiatric syndromes in which symptoms of a delusional belief, and sometimes hallucinations, are transmitted from one individual to another.”

Folie à deux - Wikipedia('folly,from%20one%20individual%20to%20another.

"The same syndrome shared by more than two people may be called folie à trois (‘three’) or quatre (‘four’); and further, folie en famille (‘family madness’) or even folie à plusieurs (‘madness of several’).

The disorder, first conceptualized in 19th-century French psychiatry by Charles Lasègue and Jules Falret, and is also known as Lasègue–Falret syndrome.[3][5]

Recent psychiatric classifications refer to the syndrome as shared psychotic disorder (DSM-4 – 297.3) and induced delusional disorder (ICD-10 – F24), although the research literature largely uses the original name.

This disorder is not in the current, fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), which considers the criteria to be insufficient or inadequate. DSM-5 does not consider Shared Psychotic Disorder (Folie à Deux) as a separate entity; rather, the physician should classify it as “Delusional Disorder” or in the “Other Specified Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorder”.

This is unevidenced anecdote, if one lent any credence to such a claim it would lower the bar for all such claims, even contradictory ones.

Again define ghost, and explain what objective evidence demonstrates such a thing is even possible, otherwise all we have is an unevidenced anecdotal claim that you saw “something” for which you have no explanation or even accurate definition. We know hallucinations can be very vivid and hard to distinguish from reality, , ispo facto we know this is at least a possible explanation.

Why would being an atheist lend this claim any credence at all? This sounds liek an appeal to authority fallacy to me.

Our minds store all manner of things we won’t be conscious of, and of course our imagination can alter things. I agree there are questions and no answers, which makes me wonder why you are claiming they were ghosts? What objective evidence has demonstrated ghosts are possible, and that you “saw” any?

1 Like

By ghost I mean a figure on entity that is percieved by human mind weather a jinn or alien or mantis,I am calling it simply ghost.
I think I shouldn’t have used ghost.
Let me use the word,“Entity” for more clarification.
I said already I have no explanation of what I saw and I also said that it maybe some chemical reaction in brain but evidence is needed for experience like this.
I saw two white beings on my stairs of home at age 9 ,one (man) was very happy and frightening and other (women) was very sad and as soon as I caught them on my stairs,I ran in fear and there was my aunt in kitchen and I told her about some people on stairs,but when we go there nothing was there.
The reason why I call them entities is because they were too bright.
Now I try to comprehend how my eye lens caught them and the image formation was too clear.
My aunt remembers the incident.
I am just saying that it maybe some hormal change at age 9 that makes it possible to percieve strange phenomena.
I am excited about subconscious,if you can suggest me some material to read than I can look into the world of hallucinations.

Because seeing some entities doesn’t mean god exist.

Edit:- I am sorry that I give fast answers this is how my mind works ,ignore errors as English is my third language.

Well that isn’t a definition, since we know the claim is that something was perceived, I’m asking if you can accurately define a ghost and demonstrate any objective evidence this defines something that is possible outside of the human imagination.

Well I don’t really see how this adds any clarification?

Well we already have evidence that hallucinations are possible, so unless someone can demonstrate a ghost is, and accurately define it, then all we have is something we can’t explain, so even calling it a ghost seems like an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy, an appeal to mystery.

Well this assumes quite a bit, that this wasn’t just a shared hallucination for example, which we know are possible. NB note I am not claiming this is what happened, merely pointing out that attaching the word ghost is itself a claim, for which no objective evidence has been demonstrated, indeed I am none the wiser as to what a ghost is beyond the name, which of course is itself defined as an appeal to mystery.

Ghost
noun
an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.

And the objective evidence that this is possible is what? Again we are leaping to the words “may be something” here with nothing beyond imagination, and again we have explanations we can imagine that we know are possible, so why would we believe claims that we don’t have any objective evidence are possible?

I don’t understand how that lends credence to the claim though? I cannot a different standard for belief to claims from an atheist than I do a theist, this would be the definition of bias and therefor closed minded. I appreciate you believe this was a real vision, but the anecdotal claim alone is woefully insufficient to support that it was anything at all outside of your imagination. Even were I to experience it firsthand I couldn’t attach anything supernatural to it, the word ghost is simply leaping to conclusions for me sorry. Most people hold preconceived ideas about what they imagine a “ghost” might look like as well, just as they do with demons and angels and all manner of fictional things, they may not even realise consciously that their brain has stored or imagined such notions as well. Stare long enough at anything an patterns start to emerge, let alone when tired or in low or unusual lighting.

It’s true but why only once, why not now. Didn’t it needs more research about why it can happen to healthy persons with no genetic psychic disorder.
I need some research on this exact phenomenon.
As I said that it is the same age where most of paranormal activity is percieved,why?
Look to paranormal stories and I don’t have false memory I have seen cases where people see beings during childhood and I am assuming then are alsio 8-9-10.

My theory was that it can be a hormonal change but it can be intelligent hallucination on times.
Why?
Because you can see messages in hallucinations.
Like a case where people saw a humanoid figure with Pentagon pendulum on chest.
Source?
[Corrado Malanga’s alien abduction collection.]

So these are not some random hallucinations but some intelligent hallucinations.

I understand now and I am using the new word to call them “beings” simply.

Well when they tell me their stories it’s not just objective evidence ,it a feeling that something maybe out there.

I hate labelling myself atheist or theist,I was just saying that even if I had an encounter with some percieveble beings that shouldn’t mean that God created them.
It’s because when we have some paranormal phenomena we turn to religion and began to think ,look god is telling me something etc.
So that was the reason to say.

I was just open to possiblities and I needed more research than classical hallucinations.
I mean a real scientific paper where little kids experience a phenomena known as bla bla.

That’s different than a real appearance of a humanoid figure with fingers.

w

“What if” is a lousy foundation for a conversation. Especially when there aren’t any foundational facts suppoprting the nonsense. What if it was an alian 3D projections. What if it was a military secret. What if you had ingested drugs and did not know it. What if it was a ground level cloud formation, What if it was bla bla bla… This is inane nonsense.

3 Likes

Energy is a scalar with dimensions of M^1 L^2 T^(-2) (mass, length, time). What are the dimensions of ghostly energy?

1 Like

Some energy can be undetectable to human instruments yet.
How can you be sure that every type of energy can be dumbed down with dimensional analysis.

Dumbed down? How does description make something dumb?

1 Like

Well, gods can’t be detected by human instruments. Does that mean they likely exist?

God has one more property called reading our thoughts that makes him more complex than just unknown energy I am describing.