Non-Theistic Religion

Why are you posting? I have already given you several non-theistic religions? Are you just going to keep ranting bullshit or join the conversation?

1 Like

We live in a world with over 4000 religions, not all of which are theistic, there are many atheistic and non theistic religions that currently exist. Whether we agree with the fact that non theistic or atheistic religions exist or not is a moot point to this conversation.

The point of this thread is to illustrate that the above mentioned religions are here and they exist formally, officially and legally.

The definition of religion is a controversial and complicated subject in religious studies with scholars failing to agree on any one definition.

Then you are an idiot. Christianity has not evolved? Are you nuts? If a Christian today were to go back in time 100 years and spout their nonsense they would be burned as a heritic,. Your position is completely untenable. Of course theistic religions evolve.

Confucianism on the other hand is a non-theistic religion and its basic tenants have not evolved at all. It is a military like structure of society and while the structure of the society may change, the philosophy of Confucianism does not.

Taoism has no reason to change. It’s basic tenant, to go with the flow, opposes nothing and has not reason to chage as Taoism is a philosophy of change.

Non theistic religions that have no need of change.

Atheism is a not a religion. It is a disbelief towards Theism.

No one disagreed with this point. WHO IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING TO? The definition of religion is not near as controversial as you want to make it. What in the fuck is your point? You are blathering on about nothing. You are wrong about atheism. Wrong about agnosticsims, and blathering on nonsensically about bullshit.

1 Like

And that is the problem of those religious scholars, not mine. I keep it simple and concise, one either believes in a god, or not.

Those religious scholars NEED to complicate things, else they are out of a job. Because the single most important question that precedes all else is “is there a god? Please provide proof”. And they will not meet that question head-on and would rather deflect into debates on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

1 Like

I would not consider any religion that involves supernatural beliefs to be a non thesitic or an atheistic religion. The inclusion of the supernatural beliefs is the reason they have not evolved imo.

Then why do you keep claiming Atheism is a religion when it is not? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Atheism says FUCK SHIT NOTHING about the supernatural. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN. Atheism specifically addresses "BELIEF IN GOD OR GODS.’ It says nothing at all about any other woo woo claims. You are confounding atheism with skepticism.

And I have already demonstrated you are WRONG - Christianity has evolved. Islam is evolving Are you fucking stupid?

You have described the definition of the word atheism well.

I’m not debating the definition of the word.

When used together with another word, the meaning changes: i.e) atheist religion , theist religion , non theist religion

I have provided one example of an official Non Theistic religion above.

I could provide more examples if need be. Or you could google them etc.

I gave you 4 exasmples of non-theistic religions… What the fuck discussion are you in? Do you know how to fucking read? Your distinction is superfluous.

I’m not debating the definition of the word: Atheism

I’m here discussing Non-Theistic religion, it seems to me this is the first time you have heard of an example of just one of them.

The roman catholic church’s foundation is built on the premise there is a god. And the roman catholic church has evolved to meet today’s modern society.

Seven hundred years ago Copernicus proposed that the earth was not the center of everything, and was harshly criticized by the church.

You fucking moron! I gave you 4 distinct non-theistic religions… Buddhism, Confucianism, Scientology, and Taoism., You are not engaging in a discussion you are just talking out your ass.

1 Like

Did you even read the first paragraph in your link though? Read the last sentence.

It is in use in the fields of Christian apologetics and general liberal theology.

1 Like

…is a range of both religious and nonreligious

It can be a religion or an ideology

I have a complete interview with a founder of a non theistic religion , this interview was performed by the ffrf (Freedom From Religion Foundation) FFRF.org is a fantastic organization imo.

No. Non Theism is an umbrella term used by Christian Apologists to describe non belief as a religion. Read this last section in the paragraph.

Fuck your founder. Are you joining this conversation or just preaching. NO ONE is fucking arguing that non-theistic religions don’t exist. WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

I would also like to add that I have no issue with: christian apologizers aka athesitic christians, secular and/or athesitc jews, secular humanists and secular buddhists

What in the fuck conversation are you having? Did you take your medication this morning?

2 Likes