Movies, series or documentaries that are worth a watch

I was roped into watching the Handmaids Tale by my wife, now I’m hooked. Has anyone else seen it ?and has anyone recently watched a movie or series they have enjoyed?

My wife watched “Handmaids Tale” for awhile. The concept was interesting, but I never got interested in it. “Lucifer”, on the other hand, is FANTASTIC! I love that series. “Better Call Saul” is another series I have enjoyed.

Oh, almost forgot. I’m a big fan of Lee Child’s “Jack Reacher” books. They recently came out with the Jack Reacher series on tv. Giggled like a school girl who got a Valentine’s Day card from her secret crush as I watched Season 1. The guy they got to play Reacher is absolutely PERFECT for the role. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Season 2.

If you’re a horror fan, THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE on Netflix is excellent.

1 Like

I’m a horror fan, will have crack.

I’m now curious -hope you don’t let me down. But you didn’t, so no pressure.

I will be watching lucifer soon - but no pressure,

You shouldn’t be disappointed if you love intelligent humor. Let’s put it this way… I retired after twenty years as a cop. As such, my wife typically HATES watching any type of police related show with me, because I constantly bitch about all the bullshit procedure mistakes “Hollywood” is known to regularly commit. And “Lucifer” is centered around Lucifer assisting a police detective in solving crimes in each episode. However, I enjoyed the show so much, it did not even bother me when they made some of the most outlandishly inaccurate police goofs. It was just too much fun watching how the Lucifer character dealt with various people/situations. Ain’t gonna say much more, because I don’t want to spoil it for you.

I love Ozark….

1 Like

I agree. I thought Tom Cruise was miscast in the Reacher movies–Reacher is supposed to be 6’5" and 250lbs.

Yep. Granted, Tom did do a pretty good job with the personality and attitude. However, he simply lacked the intimidation factor induced by the sheer size and appearance of Reacher as described in the books. The Tom Cruise “Reacher” walking down the street barely gets a second glance by anybody. He just blends in with the crowd. He’s just another guy. The Reacher in the books, however, gets noticed no matter where he is. And without saying a word, he can intimidate the shit out of most people. The guy playing Reacher in the series now absolutely NAILS that. Cannot WAIT for Season 2. Almost giddy thinking about it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The WITCHER on Net Flix is also very well done. I’d assume that if you’re a horror fan like myself that you’ve seen every season of A.H.S.(american horror story)?

And Shameless- the American version.

Ooooo… Forgot about that one. Wasn’t too fond of the “Circus” series or the last one, to be honest. The rest were pretty good, though. I especially liked the “Hotel” series. Probably my favorite.

I hope they work with Lee Child to come up with a story for season 2 that isn’t based on one of the books. There was no sense of suspense for me with season 1–I knew exactly how it was going to end because I’d read the book (Killing Floor).

I’ve read all of the Reacher series. And even though I know how they will end, I simply enjoy watching the characters come to life. As with any book-to-movie transfer, there are always modifications in the story. For instance, I watched the Tom Cruise “Jack Reacher” movie before I ever read the book (“One Shot”). Turns out, it is one of the very rare times I actually enjoyed the movie version over the book version. I only wish they had used the current series Reacher in that movie. And there were a few minor changes in “The Killing Floor” seanon, but they worked quite well, in my opinion.

Anyway, rumor has it the next season will be based on “Die Trying.” That was a really fun read, so I am looking forward to seeing it in movie form, especially if they maintain the same character accuracies.

My favorite season was ASYLUM.

“Asylum” was okay. Interesting, at least. Again, though, my favorite one was about the hotel.

This is an hour and a half long class really, by a guy with a PhD. He provides a factual basis for atheism in a way I never thought was even possible. Yes it’s long, but damn if this guy didn’t hook me and it was certainly worth it in the end
Evolutionary Underpinnings of Religiosity

1 Like

Yes! I watched that about a month ago. It’s great. Shared it with the boys. Didn’t think of here :thinking:- good catch! :+1: