Mental Health care and pre-conceptions

So fucking disturbing. I have a close relation- ship with a person with bi-polar (and is also stable thanks to medicine and a great psychiatrist) AND have encountered the same type of “front line medical assessment” when the mental health is disclosed.

In our community, about a decade back - USING the excuse of “cut-backs” (for financial) closed our Mental Health facility.

Ohhh, eh! I was fuckin’ pissed :rage:. Turns out so were a lot -
Cause we got ‘er reopened within 6 months. Radio :radio: interviews and letters AND emphasizing the “cost” locally to immediately “save a buck” …

Dipshits

2 Likes

I work in healthcare and I agree with you . . . and I’m also autistic, so I can see exactly how this happened.

Here in the States, I often bemoan the litigious society where everyone sues everybody because they can . . . but a “benefit” (or maybe a left-handed gift?) of this feeding frenzy by lawyers is that hospitals look for everything because they’re paranoid about lawsuits.

This paranoia would have found his Guillian-Barre Syndrome.

1 Like

That’s pathetic, we don’t have any mental health facilities in this country for the same reasonings.

2 Likes

What country do you live in?

The United States.
20 characters

1 Like

The USA certainly has mental health facilities—perhaps not enough, I don’t really know—but I know they exist.

2 Likes

Federal funding of mental health facilities was cut back in the 80s.

That doesn’t mean there are no mental health facilities in the U.S. There are mental health facilities in the very town you said you’re living in!

1 Like

Yeah, my wife works at one of those facilities that don’t exist. Welcome to post truth America.

1 Like