Let's Make America Pray Again

Looks like The Donald is getting desperate in his efforts to raise money to pay his half billion dollar legal judgments. Now he’s hawking bibles for $59.99.

His bible not only has the text of the old and new testaments, it also has the text of the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and a few other documents. He claims that he’s fighting for the Constitution every day, yet his combining the bible with secular documents like the Constitution would indicate he doesn’t support the separation of church and state.

2 Likes

Mary Trump, an author and psychologist who frequently criticizes her uncle, responded to the former president’s video announcement in a post to X, formerly Twitter, Tuesday evening, saying that her uncle has “never prayed” and that “If that were a real bible, it would burst into a ball of flame.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mary-trump-mocks-donald-trump-over-bible-push-never-prayed-in-his-life/ar-BB1kB7rE

1 Like

Trump’s violation of his oath of office, when he challenged the peaceful transfer of power after a legal election, by helping orchestrate the insurrection on the capitol building, is ample evidence he doesn’t care about or value the constitution beyond it serving his own rapacious and vainglorious quest for power…

5 Likes

I spend to much time talking to myself already.

2 Likes

I’m sure that there are some people who would make a worse president than Donald . . . but I can’t think of any.

I honestly believe that Richard Nixon would be more trustworthy than Trump.

1 Like

I’ve already posted this in the other thread devoted to the Orange Scrotum, but this latest scam should count as de facto money laundering by any churches involved.

4 Likes

“Make America Pay Again”

6 Likes

It’s been fun reading what some Christians think about this. Who knew teaching people to believe without reason could lead to such things…

1 Like

If his margin is a 50% markup, then he only has to peddle 16666667 bibles, and he can cover the whole $500m fine. I rounded it up to the 7 at the end, but it’s still pretty funny, you know how theists get about 6’s in tandem.

Has he considered selling crack? I’m given to understand the profit margin is much higher. Especially since a proper evaluation of his assets has him spelling Billionaire with an M… :wink: :smirk:

2 Likes

I see this as the “perfect” example of christian nationalism, capitalistic greed, and monetization of a religion someone doesn’t care about. The places faith takes us…

3 Likes

Or “Let’s make America Prey Again”.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Turns out they’re not even originally his product. Who’da thunk it?

More here:

Apparently the originals were cobbled together by someone else back in 2021, as a tacky “commemoration” of the 20th anniversary of the September 11th attacks.

They bombed big time when sold at this time, but it appears Omango-Tan snapped them up and added his own markup on top.

Grift, grift, grift …

EDIT: just watched the video. Enjoy the “sticky pages” hilarity therein … :smiley:

4 Likes

Is there a free Kindle version?

2 Likes

Do you guys want to know about a bizarre coincidence?

For several years, people have been talking about the similarities between Donald Trump and the fictional sociopathic politician Greg Stillson from Stephen King’s 1979 novel The Dead Zone.

Well . . . in the novel, Greg Stillson got his start by selling Bibles door-to-door.

It’s just a overpriced king james bible. NIV is still under copy right protection. KJV was one of the worst translations. They intentionally mistranslated things to look better like slavery and changing an old testament word so it looks like a prophesy was fulfilled in the new testament.

1 Like

No but I’m sure you’ll be able to pick them up at any public library in Florida or Texas.

1 Like

Absolutely not if it can be helped.

1 Like