Let's MAGA again, like say 1864

That seems to be fairly typical of folks who are anti-(fill in the blank).

2 Likes

Indeed, many reich wingers develop a hard-on for the zero-sum game. They think of human rights as a finite pie, and that giving a slice to people they hate means less for them. The idea that human rights are extensible to all, without losses to existing beneficiaries, is completely alien to them.

3 Likes

Indeed, and ironically it can only be called a right if everyone has it, if it goes to some and not others, it is better described as privilege.

3 Likes

A handy description I read is if you’ve never had to have the courts rule on your equal rights, you have privilege.

2 Likes

Bang on! Especially when they stuck an ing on the end. I personally have never heard suffraging used in place of I’m going to vote or voting is my right or…

This only proves how easy American’s can be fooled. There is a Canadian Comedian Rick Mercer who had a segment called, Talking to Americans
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHw0FqD3RFw or this one which is longer but more interesting because an american is analyzing it.
rick mercer talking to americans - Google Search

1 Like

I do not think God haters should be banned from anything just as Christians should not be. I believe we should express an opinion to everyone and those who listen, listen and those do not listen, do not listen.

1 Like