Just A Catholic Thing, You wouldn't understand

So, the Jesus loving Catholics are willing to spend millions of dollars to out any priest using a homosexual app but they don’t give a shit about the pedophiles. I guess you have to be Catholic to understand.

5 Likes

Well Jesus fuckin’Christ…
Unbelievable

2 Likes

Makes me glad I never became an altar boy.

1 Like

$4m to ‘out’ priests is a disgraceful waste of money. If they can afford such excess it makes me wonder why they arent spending it on more pressing needs.

Only in America, as they say.

2 Likes

I’m ordinarily very verbose, but I can’t find anything to say about this.

$4,000,000 to find gay priests to get rid of them, but shuffling the paedophiles to other assignments is OK.

I really don’t understand how the world works.

It must be my autism.

2 Likes

The money, I would imagine, came from the piles their St. Teresa collected.

3 Likes

Au contraire mon frere…if you ever get to where this makes sense to you…that’s when you need to be concerned. :exploding_head:

Edit to schedule psychotherapy

6 Likes

In all honesty, this makes me feel better . . . as your point makes a lot of sense.

4 Likes

Skrit ain’t jokin’. This is one of the rare times I have to grudgingly admit with much disgust that the foul-feathered fowl tweets the tantamount truth. Like he said, if the things happening in our world now actually start making sense to you, I would strongly suggest you immediately seek the services of a mental health professional. Your autism has nothing to do with it.

(Edit to wash my brain out with bleach.)

6 Likes

Not really. I’m Catholic & agree with you. So does the National Catholic Reporter.

1 Like

QUICK REFERENCE:
The rapture concept is relatively new. It started with an Anglo-Irish theologian, who in the 1830s invented the concept. This may come as a shocker to many, but it’s a fact: Before John Nelson Darby imagined this scenario in the clouds, no Christian had ever heard of the rapture.

The idea was popularized by Cyrus I. Scofield, an American minister who published a famous reference Bible in 1908, one that developed the idea of an elaborate series of final periods in history known as dispensations. Scofield, like Darby, read the Book of Revelation as a vision of the future, not a fiery dream of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in A.D. 70.

The latter view remains, in fact, the most common interpretation of the Book of Revelation by mainstream theologians and was described recently by Princeton scholar Elaine Pagels in “Revelations: Visions, Prophecy, and Politics in the Book of Revelation.”

It’s a problem, however, for rapture-minded Christians that the word “rapture” doesn’t appear anywhere in the Bible, unless you’re willing to think in broadly metaphorical terms. Rapture thinking is most often traced back to the Apostle Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians, where he writes: “For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of an archangel and the trumpet of God. The dead in Christ will rise first; then we, who are left alive, will be snatched up with them on clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

Not the best source to cite, but it does have a good chronological flow of general information.

4 Likes