Islamic love, tolerance, understanding in savage reprisals

For fucks sake I hope not. Islam is the religion that promotes murder and violence. Not the religion of peace.

Armin had a role in helping her leave Islam and become an atheist :+1:

1 Like

You have obviously never read the Bible.

[2 Chronicles 15:12-13

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

[Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

[Leviticus 20:27

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

[Leviticus 20:10]

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

[John 3:18]

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God

[2 Chronicles 15:13]

But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

[Exodus 21:15]

“Whoever strikes his father or his mother shall be put to death.

[Matthew 10:34]

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

[Deuteronomy 13]

6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace[b] or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, 8 you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. 9 But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death,

This is only a fraction. We have not discussed cutting open the stomachs of pregnant women and dashing their babies against rocks, killing every man, woman, and all the livestock in a village while keeping the young virgins for yourself, the slaying of young men for calling a prophet, “Baldy,” killing the first thing that walks out of the door of your home because you made a deal with God.

All one needs to do is read the parts of the bible the Christians cherry-pick around to find the most atrocious acts on the planet.

Many of the nice verses were added much later. The “nice verses” are often forgeries. “The woman caught in adultery,” forged
John 3:16 added and not in the earliest bibles.
The last chapter of Mark, added later.

Jewish god :arrow_right: Christian god :arrow_right: Islamic god

Same god.

The Holy Trinity. :pray:

Question. Is Islam and Christianity the same but different variations of the same religion?

Same god. Different main characters. If I’m not mistaken, I believe Jesus is actually mentioned in the Koran, but he takes backseat to Mohammed. One of the more knowledgeable folks in here can confirm or debunk that. It’s just something I heard.

1 Like

Jews are Gods Chosen (OT);
Christians claim Jesus was the foretold Messiah.(NT)
Muslims claim Muhammad was the foretold “comforter” (Quran)

All three, it’s the “same” god. Then there’s all the sects and interpretations :grin: within ALL three (division upon division upon division)… blah blah blah

HEY!!! It’s like the global trilogy storyline with bad faith actors and cosplay.
OR

The original with shitty sequels.

3 Likes

Garbage in, garbage out. Razzies all around.

The next sequel will be off the charts.

1 Like

Islam Net and its founder Farad Qureshi (who was speaking, starting at 2:30) are salafists, and are quite controversial here. By Norwegian standards, members of Islam Net are not “Normal, Everyday, Muslims.” They might believe it themselves, but they’re not.

No true Muslim? (I get it there is a range, same as the asshole Christians.)

That’s not what I said.

To clarify: I’m not trying to excuse the Islam Net bigots, just trying to explain where in the religious landscape they are located, which is at the salafist conservative end of the range, with some of their members having been known to sympathise with IS. Their PR works tend to promote their asshole club as “aligned with standard conservative christianity”, for obscuration. They do not condemn IS, but avoid the issue by obscuring the debate. They recruit new members among youths by offering activities to idle kids that have nothing to do on their spare time, while at the same time attracting outcasts by giving them a “friendly” place to be. They are quite controversial, but “regular” muslims tend to be very wishy-washy in their criticism against them, in much the same way as “regular” christians tend to be very wishy-washy in their criticism against extreme conservative christian branches.

2 Likes

I get it, there is a range. Same as the asshole Christians.

1 Like

I’ve completely lost hope in humanity. Religion causes nothing but trouble and people just cant get past their bed time stories and Sundays full of fairy tales on sky fathers. I’m sick of it. People lose their lives over the beliefs of those who believe in god claims.

How many people did the Taliban kill in the name of Allah? How many have died in the name of God?

It’s all bullshit. It needs to stop.

1 Like

The problem with stopping it is that you become what you are trying to stop. Look at the secular newsletter shit I just posted. People professing to be secular and “Elevating themselves to a higher plane of existence.” Now there is a recipe for tyrany if ever I heard one. Lets just pretend that we are better because we are without religion. We are on a higher plane.

I fully get the sentament but always try to remember, their freedom of thought is also our freedom of thought. We do not allocate the freedom to speak or believe freely to random individuals in a society. Everyone has the same freedom or we are all fucked and may as well live in a dictatorship. One sure way humanity can be lost is when you begin forcing your opinon onto others.

It is in the name of rationality and reason that we are able to speak out against the atrocities of Islam and Christianity, 100 years ago you might have been killed for uttering such nonsense. 500 years ago your death would have been certain. The age of reason has dragged Christianity, kicking and screaming, into the light. It is on the decline. Empty pew syndrome is real. America is more atheistic every year. We can only encourage the trend to continue. I am not sure how effective the message to “Do away with all religion.” would be.

Education is the bane of religion. There is a saying, “You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it dring.” (You can’t make it drink either.) In the same way, “You can lead people to knowledge but you can’t make them think.” Religion will be around for a long time. It will not end in your lifetime. Use your freedom of speech to influence what you can but be cautious about trying to limit anyone else’s freedom. That freedom is OURS, not yours and not theirs. We share it. As long as we share it, there is hope.

5 Likes

I haven’t. Far from it. The technological advances. The scientific and cosmological advances. The demininishing (sigh less) global poverty … there are more than enough stories of people helping people.

Pay attention to these as well. Don’t forget - religious mindsets are apocalyptic AND focus on “last days” anything to keep reminding their followers for the need of a saviour (and how horrible the world is).

In my lifetime I have seen improvements-HUGE - for humanity.

There may always be those who (by choice) resist humane improvements or types of social evolution… however how YOU treat people or YOU spend your money or YOU engage with the world matters. Not just as a contribution to a society BUT most importantly to YOU as a person, and YOUR happiness and well-being.

1 Like

Christians do love beating that dead horse. I’m in hopes that America does become an Atheist nation where religion is no longer a priority. That people do realize that there is no evidence, that religion causes problems, and there are more important things in life.

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF

2 Likes