Introductory Thread

I’ve pointed that out myself on at least two occasions in this thread.

Either you need to improve your reading comprehension skills or you need to check my posts before you CONTINUE to falsely accuse me. I’ve already clearly laid out my terms from the start.

No. Anyone and anything can be a god. God with the uppercase G usually signifies the Hebrew el (god) with the definite article ha. Which I’ve also explained several times. Like Allah, meaning The God. Do a little research. It makes smug arrogance so much more believable.

Zeus or Apollo; for example; you know: polytheism. I don’t understand what could be puzzling about that.

Troll.

Yeah I see a lot of that on this thread.

1 Like

Whew. Helmet unnecessary, my head is safe.

2 Likes

This is very confusing. You appear to describe science as a “thing”, while it is just a process. The results from the scientific process do change because of new results and data. But the basic process of the scientific process has remained unchanged.

Please describe your understanding of science.

3 Likes

Aparently not! On the other hand, Each theist does get to set the paramaters of the magical, mystical being that they believe in. The idea that god is Eric the Rainbow Farting Unicorn is just as valid as asserting God is that other Eric. And every bit as useful. Premise one: God is Everything. ‘Not accepted.’ A is not B until evidence is provided. Defining God as everything makes the concept so vague as to be useless and reference absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

But it strokes your ego and offers the fantasy that you are the must smug and arrogant one in the room.

1 Like

Awwwww, no-no-no-no-no! Dammit, Dave! You should know better than to use the “S” word around Cog! You KNOW how that make him start to beat hi-… uhhh… well, you know what he starts doing. And it gets EVERYWHERE! Hurry! Change that before he sees it!

Lol - you’re talking judges.

Edited to add: when I use the lower case “g” it’s because the Capital G guy ain’t real - the lower case emphasizes the fact that men, for purposes of power, control and politics “shaped the reality” and set up the system and book you claim is authoritative or revealing.

3 Likes

babble babble babble babble babble. I rest my case.

1 Like

Speaking of JW’s - your invite to the summer convention.

Bring the little enemies (see, they deserve to die at Armageddon)

*rarely do I post a twitter link, but…”

You’re putting words in atheists mouths again. We don’t “object” to gods, we merely don’t believe in them because there’s zero objective evidence for any of them. Do you object to unicorns?

Who are the other gods we don’t believe in? Heck, it’s a very long list and includes thousands of gods humans have worshipped through the millennia. Some of the more well-known ones are Ra, Oden, Quetzalcoatl, and Shiva, but there are literally thousands more.

1 Like

Mr. Semm, since you seem to be a man of broad-scoped intelligence, I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably feel the same as I do about Leprechauns. I totally object to them! They are bothersome and mischievous little bastards that serve no productive purpose in society. Sure, people love the cute little guy on the cereal box, but he is a complete and intentional misrepresentation of TRUE Leprechauns. And being the observant and knowledgeable man that you are, I’m almost certain you also see through the charade the real Leprechauns are trying to portray to draw attention away from their TRUE nature. I’m confident that if you and I team up, we can draw more and more people’s attention to this situation, so that they may see Leprechauns for what they really are. How ‘bout it? Don’t leave me hangin’, bro!

1 Like

2 Likes

How can I object to something I do not accept as real?

3 Likes

The exact same way you get pissed off at Santa when he does not bring you the Christmas present you wanted. Duh!

1 Like

I don’t think any of them are real. I don’t think any of them exist. I think they are all made up. I think they are fictional. I have concluded that uneducated men made them up .It’s an objective fact that people write books and make religions. I think they are make believe. For the most part I “think”, I do not claim, that all Theists believe in fairy tales. Maybe that helps you get past the objection and rejection part. You can’t reject or object to something that you think is fictional. Maybe that clears it up nice and good for you.

You tell me. Because you obviously do.

David thinking gods are real? LMAO.

lmao-your-thought

1 Like

We don’t know who the other gods are until they are defined. So far, the other gods are every single god that any and all theists I have met have tried to defend. I have been asking for evidence of a God or gods since I was about 22 years old. If I am kind to myself, that is over 35 years of failed gods. With that said, I have also read God arguments from the Philosophers of the past as well as the rebuttals to those arguments. We can add another 2000 years onto the 35, for evidence of failed gods.

The best apologists in the world today, real biblical researchers who teach at universities, have come up with nothing better than the bullshit, slimy, shifting of the burden of proof. “Atheists can’t prove there is no god and we can’t prove there is a god, so we are on equal footing.” (You have not argued this. I get it.) This argument has been used by the last few university professors I have listened to in lectures. Their conclusion… Nearly a Pascal’s Wager kind of bullshit… “Its a wash, so I choose to believe in God.” Falacious at its core. So, which god? Every god but the one you believe in, so far. You care to join the list? Please feel free to define your god. I would be more than happy to consider it.

3 Likes