Indicator of life...Texans rely on heart NOT brain šŸ§ 

ā€œWhile not the beginning of life, the heartbeat is the universally recognized indicator of life,ā€ the group states in an FAQ on its website.

Pro-life. Idiots donā€™t even have a clue what determines ā€œlifeā€. BUT then thinking about ethical issues isnā€™t simple, is it?

The ā€œfetal heartbeatā€ isnā€™t even a functioning, developed heart at that stage. The other organs donā€™t matter.

Does this mean science has already recreated ā€œlifeā€ (artificial hearts)? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Taliban Texans have thought of everythingā€¦ fuck, theyā€™re gonna git rid of rapists (Texas abortion law: Abbott comment on rapists draws criticism | wfaa.com)

Incest is scriptural. Even the most righteous of men (Lot) had some daughter booty (both) when he was drunk (but not too drunk).

Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - those breaking Covid health restrictions (masks, gatherings, etc) the mantra was ā€œdonā€™t be a rat :rat:ā€ (youā€™re only dealing with fully formed persons) BUT now yā€™all git paid $10,000 and legal costs if yā€™all rat out ā€˜dem womenfolkā€¦

Itā€™s this -pushing the public to be paid vigilantes- that is getting them around the right to choose uh the ā€œmy body, my choiceā€ wasnā€™t invented for mask :mask: and vaccine :syringe: choice.

This may be flushed soon. Previous Supreme Court ruling on the idea of allowing private citizens (or delegating to other groups) the stateā€™s responsibilitiesā€¦

2 Likes

His magical thinking of ā€œeliminating all rapistsā€ (fucking dipshit) HAS me magically thinking that this dipshit should git pregnant. He should go through the whole process. ALL of it. AND raise the kids - oh ā€¦and whine and complain that his baby mommy donā€™t pay child support (Iā€™m being generous by having it be consensual sex and he knows the woman)ā€¦ itā€™s not a situation where his Aunt has ā€œrapedā€ him since he was 13ā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s like heā€™s trying to set a record for the amount of ignorance you can spout in the fewest words. Does a grown man really not know that it takes longer than 6 weeks for many women to realize sheā€™s pregnant so claiming a rape victim has 6 weeks to decide on an abortion makes no sense? Doesnā€™t he know that claiming theyā€™ll solve the problem my eliminating rape is not in any way doable? Doesnā€™t he realize how many rapes go unreported due to stigma, the trauma of a trial where the victim is revictimized, and the problem of getting a conviction because it is often just her word against his? Is he just relying on the ignorance of his voters?

2 Likes

Seems that how he got in.

1 Like

The exact same line an anti-choicer made on here, but he was claiming to be an atheist. Hate to burst their bubble but starfish, sea cucumbers, coral, and Jellyfish are living things, and none of them have hearts.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping it is, but with a 6:3 conservative majority on the Supreme Court, itā€™s entirely possible theyā€™ll let the Texas law stand.

Theyā€™re hearing a case next month from Mississippi that has the potential to overturn Roe v. Wade --now thatā€™s downright scary.

The stupid cunt (if youā€™ll pardon the expression) probably thinks rape is a sexual crime, rather than a violent crime with a sexual expression.

I told my middle kid what he said.

Kid ā€¦ ā€œYou mean they havenā€™t had that as a goal till now???ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

ā€¦but, but, butā€¦I thought the Constitution only protected gun rightsā€¦

1 Like

I love this lawsuit. Yeah!!!

Abbott is a piece of shit. The consequences for getting an abortion are far more frequent and far more severe than the consequences for convicted rapists. Fuck that goddamn fucking noise. If rapists have far greater chances of getting away with violating somebody in the worst imaginable way possible, then patriarchal states like Texas can fuck off and so can Greg Abbott.

God dammit. Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m sorry, I know I sound like a fucking toddler throwing a goddamn tantrum but thereā€™s just so much about this country and this world thatā€™s so fucked up that I cannot contain my anger and rage.

1 Like

lol they need to let women in the political system deal with WOMEN ISSUES. Not men. We donā€™t know what itā€™s like to be a woman. Weā€™ve never had PMS, a period, cramps, deal with being pregnant, or have to deal with any of that. I just donā€™t think itā€™s working.

Please do not allow dumb people to tear you up inside. It does nothing positive and can harm your health.

I understand that we are little cogs in a much larger machine and as individuals have little influence on such crap. But sometimes just doing something may help. Identify what corporations fund those politicians, write them and tell them why you will not longer purchase their products. Write your elected representative and inform them that your vote is dependent on their position on such issues.

Yes, it probably wonā€™t change anything. But you have done your best and that should alleviate the stress.

3 Likes

Channel that rage and anger, I funnel mine into gardening, blacksmithing, woodworking, winemaking, hell even drawing. Any time I see my self slipping into that state, I try to pivot my mental direction into something beneficial to me.

4 Likes

As a fellow exJW I went through various perceptions of viewing ā€œthis worldā€ in which we live. From ā€œall Satanicā€ to a set of ā€œrosy-eyed glassesā€ ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) to hopefully a place of balance.

Lately, these last few years, fundamentalists, dictators, corporations have been exerting (to some degree) success over a third of the population. Itā€™s no joke and it is definitely concerning.

BUT like I tell my boys (sigh my young men) - evil can ā€œwinā€ for a short timeā€¦it doesnā€™t last.

FOCUS on your life and issues (fortunately abortion wonā€™t be one you directly have to deal with). BEFORE you know it, your generation is the one moving society en masse. Itā€™ll be your turn.

Stay aware, but donā€™t let shit eat you upā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the disappointing part. We canā€™t change people.

tumblr_mdehjbbVH81r44hpro1_500

We just simply have to wait for them to move on for change to happen. Perhaps one day weā€™ll get a generation that is smart enough to completely gut out religion.

3 Likes