Inconsistent beliefs

V.S.
Proverbs 16:4

The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

6 Likes

Yes! Yes! I have so many questions! I am seeking the truth about God and I want you to show me the way! I will get down on my knees to pleasure God! I will do anything … any … thing. I am a sinner. I need the love juice of Jesus to cleanse me of my sins.

First question: it’s about “sodomy” and “beastiality”.

Now, I know these are wrong. But, what if I did both maybe three or four times while high on meth amphetamines? (I don’t remember if it was three or four. I was really high).

Can I be forgiven? And if I am forgiven, what happens if I do it again? Is there any “number” of times I can commit those sins after which Jesus gets “fed up”?

1 Like

Ephesians: Written 60 to 61 AD Allegedly by Paul, His main purposes were to help these converts grow in their spiritual knowledge of God and the Church (see Ephesians 1:15–18; 3:14–19); to promote unity, particularly between Gentile and Jewish Saints. (30 years after the Jesus guy died)

Paul wrote his Epistle to the Colossians 60-61 AD. Allegedly by Paul because of a report that they were falling into serious error (see Bible Dictionary, “Pauline Epistles”). False teachings and practices in Colossae were influencing the Saints there and threatening their faith. Similar cultural pressures pose challenges for Church members today. (30 years after the Jesus guy died) (Nothing to do with Jesus at all. It’s Pauline’s teachings.)

Deuteronomy: 7th century BCE, Author Unknown: Deuteronomic Source, which was written around 630 BCE as an attempt to revive Israelite laws. (Nothing to do with anything.)

Proverbs: attributed to a King Solomon who may or may not have existed. We cannot know for sure. We do know that much (but not all) of the Biblical narrative is based on facts. There was a powerful Hebrew kingdom that dominated the Levant and north-western Mesopotamia between 800–600 BCE, but archeological evidence clearly shows it was ruled by the Israelite Omride dynasty, not the Judahite Davidic one. The kingdom of Judah was very much Israel’s junior brother. David and Solomon probably did exist, but they were rulers of a small and insular kingdom, not a regional power. When the Bible was written, edited, and codified, between 500 BCE - 100 BCE, it’s writers had an agenda, to promote the Judahite narrative and marginalize the Israelite one. They did this by crediting the Davidic dynasty with the Omride dynasty’s achievements. (Yoni Ariel) (Nothing to do with anything!)

Hebrews: A.D. 49 and prior to A.D. 65. Paul wrote the Epistle to the Hebrews to encourage Jewish members of the Church to maintain their faith in Jesus Christ and not to return to their former ways. (25 or 30 years after the Jesus guy died.) (Nothing to do with Jesus at all, it’s a Paulene teaching.)

Are you just following the teachings of Paul and some utterances from the OT? Is that your version of Christianity. Cherry-pick Biblical verses and pretend you are a scholar?

4 Likes

It is; however, the preaching.

1 Like

well, yes, yes yes and scholar? don’t make me larff. An indoctrinated shell of a human being who thinks poking a dragon will bring salvation.

2 Likes

It’s so sadly disturbing that you don’t realize how totally FUCKED UP that sounds. Even mildly nauseating, in a way, that you seem almost happy with that perception.

(Edit to chug a bottle of Pepto Bismol.)

6 Likes

Oh dear, it is spectacularly iudiotic to respond to the obvious fact that assertions are not necessarily facts, with a string of unevidenced assertions.

What objective evidence can you demonstrate that any deity is real or exists? The more you dodge this obvious question, the harder it becomes to avoid the inference you don’t have any, and what’s more you don’t have the integrity to say so.

Which deity, the one in the bible? You are kidding right, have you not read about the deity depicted in the bible torturing Job, and even killing his family, just for a bet?

Not necessarily, this ia a facile analogy, as it a) ignores the fact that not all parents are the same, and more importantly b) that human parents are not omniscient and omnipotent deities.

Now one more time, can you demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity?

3 Likes

1 Samuel 15:3

3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

This is not loving or kind by any stretch of the imagination. If your god can do anything he wants to do, and this is what he wants to do, he is not loving or kind. It is also not loving or kind to torture someone for eternity when it’s in your power to forgive them. To listen to someone defend these things turns my stomach.
What would the world look like if there was a loving god looking out for everyone and everything? Not like it does. Now what would the world look like if ignorant men tried to make sense of their world by making up myths and gods? It would be divided by culture, and what god you believed in would largely depend on where you were born, just like the world actually is.

2 Likes

What objective evidence can you demonstrate a deity exists, and then for all of those claims?

FYI, the deity depicted in the bible is not loving, or merciful, the bible depicts a deity that is barbarically cruel, sadistic, vengeful, capricious, even amoral. So if you’re going to cite the unevidenced claims of the bible you need to at least be rationally consistent, or people here are going to see your assertions as irrational and unevidenced anecdote, hardly sufficient reason to believe anything.

6 Likes

HalleluYah has left the building.

2 Likes

If their god was kind, instead of torturing a “bad person” he could change them into a good person seeing as the Bible described him as all powerful.

I create evil

What a load of crap, quoting the same shit over and over again doesn’t make it true.

1 Like

What’s best for “His creations” is killing infants and babies because they come from a people who have different beliefs? This is beyond utterly horrible.

By some criteria, this garbage goes on today.

Evangelical Christians have used their money and influence to push anti-LGBTQ legislation in Africa (in such places as Uganda) and work to create laws calling for capital punishment for homosexuality.

This one fact alone is more than enough to push me away from Christianity . . . and no, I’m not gay.

For anyone who wants to fact-check, please see below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://globalaffairs.org/commentary-and-analysis/blogs/unholy-relationship-between-ugandas-anti-lgbtq-law-and-us&ved=2ahUKEwi6oPS0kZmEAxUdSzABHU0ZCtAQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0LeJCecqJ_TjPbchRV7aNm

A pity. I was looking forward to educating him in my own inimitable style. :slight_smile:

Was it by choice? Just wondering.

1 Like

People who decline following forum guidelines or listening to staff feedback always do so by choice.

2 Likes

I don’t know what inimitable is, but I like your style!

1 Like