Inconsistent beliefs

Faith based beliefs can’t be corrected, as they are by definition unfalsifiable. If someone claims to believe invisible unicorns are real, one cannot correct this belief, only point out it unsupported by any objective evidence.

If you click on people’s usernames, you will see whether they hold a belief in any deity or not, @mr.macabre13 is an atheist, as are most people here.

The name Mathew, like the names Luke, Mark and John are fictional, and were assigned arbitrarily to the gospels over 300 years after the alleged events they purport to describe. The earliest examples of the gospels date to decades after those alleged events, and are unevidenced hearsay by definition. So even if one accepts someone existed called Jesus, no one knows what he did or did not do or say. A lot of visiting theists seem unaware of these facts.

I can quote you spells from the Harry Potter novels, but I don’t imagine you believe they represent evidence for magic anymore than I do. The KJV was written until 1604, and why would I lend anymore credence to King James authorising it than the subjective opinions of early Christian church leaders? None of it is objective evidence for the claims it contains.

Sorry but that is an unevidenced subjective claim, why should I lend it anymore credence than any of the other thousands of deities humans have imagined?

1 Like

BECAUSE IT IS IN CAPS

4 Likes

I believe your bible is no more credible than the many holy books and creation stories of other religions. You like the the bible? Here’s some more scriptures for you to consider:

Deuteronomy 20:12-18

“If [a city] does not submit to you peacefully, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it; and when the Lord your God gives it into your hand, you shall put all its males to the sword. You may, however, take as your booty the women, the children, livestock, and everything else in the town, all its spoil. You may enjoy the spoil of your enemies, which the Lord your God has given you. Thus you shall treat all the towns that are very far from you, which are not towns of the nations here. But as for the towns of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not let anything that breathes remain alive. You shall annihilate them—the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites—just as the Lord your God has commanded, so that they may not teach you to do all the abhorrent things that they do for their gods, and you thus sin against the Lord your God.”

Ezekiel 9:4-7 “And the Lord said unto him, Go through . . . the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark. . .

Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

The god of the bible acts like the worst human imaginable.

To quote Thomas Paine about the bible: “It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it as I detest everything that is cruel.”

3 Likes

Ok. I respect your opinion. And, I respect God’s decisions and actions in all of these bible verses which you have shared with me. God knows what’s best for everyone (including children; and his created animals, world, planet, universe, etc.). God knows the heart, mind, thoughts, intentions, desires, secrets, etc. of man, and He always does what best for His creations. So, just like you and I and every human being can get angry and express their anger, hate, love, forgiveness; so can God (which He does the way he want to express it). Hope this helps:).

1 Like

If you highlight text in a post a quote icon appears, and this creates a link to that post, you will not the vertical arrow in the top RH. Otherwise make sure you wither hit the reply icon at the bottom of the post or use their username @HalleluYah by hitting the @ symbol and selecting the name of the poster. This will clarify who you’re responding to, and yes i understand it can be daunting to receive so many replies from so many posters, but hopefully this will help.

Can you support this claim with any objective evidence? Only it is extremely unlikely that the atheists here will attach any credence to unevidenced subjective claims like that.

I don’t believe you, please see previous response.

You will need to demonstrate some objective evidence anything was created, or that any deity exists, or is even possible, you can’t simply assert this.

Not really, it is a hypothetical scenario to any atheist, we can rationally infer how we might view a deity that theists assign characteristic to, but rationally inferring that the biblical deity appears to be a cruel and barbaric monster, doesn’t mean we are “angry at any deity”.

Romans 1:25-32 God via the Holy Bible says…

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;” Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Deleted by mod hate speech**

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

All of this has and is happening in both the past and present-prophecies fulfilled just as God has revealed to us in the Holy Bible, who alone knows the future and told us about 2500+ years ago before it even happened. This also applies to ALL of the bible prophecies which has accurately came to past—exactly as God said that it would.

John 17:17Jesus said…

“Thy (your) word is truth.” (in his prayer to God.

@HalleluYah , sorry but now you’re ignoring posts and preaching, this is a debate forum, and proselyting is not allowed, and I find it particularly irksome.

What objective evidence (if any) can you demonstrate that any deity exists or is even possible? I have asked several times now, and in several different threads. You ought to have the courtesy to give a candid answer, even if it is none, and then we can proceed from there.

FYI please don’t quote the bible at me, unless it is salient to my post, and even then you will need to demonstrate some objective evidence that the biblical quote is true, evidenced or of any rational value to my post.

1 Like

You dismiss the worst atrocities, even those against children as being what’s best for us? I for one, find that hard to believe. I’m happy to say the christian religion is in historical decline, and thinking any being has the right to torture and kill by the millions goes with it.

1 Like

It’s very simple, I’ve been listening to their crap for almost 40 years now, and I don’t want/need to hear it, again.
Like the old saying goes, religion and politics.

You respect the notions of global genocide depicted in the Noah flood myth, or endorsing slavery in Exodus 21, the infanticide indulged and endorsed by the deity depicted in the bible, the indiscriminate mass murder, sex trafficking of female prisoners from ethnic cleansing wars, the ethnic cleansing endorsed by the deity in the bible, torturing a newborn baby to death over 7 days, and just because it was conceived out of wedlock, wow???

2 Likes

@HalleluYah, this is an official warning. This is a debate forum. Simply posting prayers and quotes from your Bible does not constitute debate.
Please respond with your own words, words that are germane to the discussion, answer questions, or your account will be suspended for a period of time.

3 Likes

Hate speech, regardless of source is not allowed on this forum.

Your claims are unevidenced and your moral quotes have no authority.

Examples: Koran quotes or Mein Kaumpf or any other books that some choose as “moral authorities”.

BTW - not impressed by a writer describing through human perceptions a description of his day and age. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This is the million-dollar question. Why should they stand on street corners and shout their bullshit at me? Why should I have to listen to their fucking bells on Sundays? Why do they get to wear their religious symbols in public and get offended at all other religious symbols? Why are they knocking on my door? Why are their fucking religious values showing up in politics? Why are they insisting on pushing their ignorance into the brain of my child by including their magical mythical bullshit as part of the school curriculum? Why can these asshole businesses flourish in a country without contributing anything to the well-being of the country in the form of taxes? We are in full agreement. If these fucking bullshit organizations could exist without bothering me, I would have nothing to complain about. Good Point!

5 Likes

I don’t have a biblical question. I am familiar with the bible and how it was constructed. I have a god question. Which god do you believe in and why., (You do understand that there is not a 'Bible God" I hope. You are not so ignorant as to assume the Bible is a book. It is an anthology of books. A collection that was put together over a period of thousands of years. There are in fact many Gods and definitions of Gods in the books of the Bible. Which god do you believe in and why?

1 Like

This is where religious totalitarianism starts.

I presume you believe in freedom of religion? well, that’s a two way street.

You don’t get to silence others.

2 Likes

This is one of the most disgusting things about religion. Outside of a religious context you’d never be okay with the torture and murder of children, yet you’re perfectly okay with it because your god did it. Can you really not see how monstrous this makes you sound?

7 Likes

It isn’t their faith and beliefs that bother us.

It is the actions they take due to their faith and beliefs, that cause concern. As they are often harmful to others.

4 Likes

It appears you need to learn some important lessons. Primary among them being that assertions do not equal fact. That includes the assertions contained in your favourite mythology, several of which are known not merely to be wrong, but fatuous and absurd.

1 Like

Hello Kellii,
I understand how you feel and your carnal way of thinking, but the truth of the matter is this. God can do whatever He wants to do with His creations. Just like you, me and anyone can do whatever we want with that which we create or make. You don’t know what God knows about His creations and the reasons why He chooses to destroy them or allow them to live. Remember, God did not create sin–man did when he chose and chooses to sin (break the laws of God). So, if God is the giver of all life (which He is), then He can and has the right to take every and any life (whether young, old; plant or animal life) whenever and however He chooses to do so. And, I nor you or anyone do not know if God makes human deaths (of adults; children; infants) a painless (without pain) death that prevents them from suffering when they die. We just see or hear of the horrible we they die, we don’t know if God allowed them to feel any pain when they died.

God is love; loving; merciful; forgiving; patient; kind; giving; understanding; all knowing; just; holy; righteous; and more. And, even though we love our loved ones (family, children, friends, partners, spouse; including pets), we still get upset or angry with them and or discipline or punish them for whatever the reason when the do something wrong and deserves this kind of treatment. And, some people as we know punish people by killing them for whatever the reason.

God has the right to demand and command that all of His creation obey His commands, and if and when they don’t, God has the right to punish them in any way He wants to do so, even if it means taking the life of there children from them which He gave them (for whatever the reason or because of their sins). The Holy Bible makes all of this very clear to us in both the Old and New Testaments.

God says what He means, and He means what He says. God does not play games with us. If children obey their parents, their parents are happy, proud of them, gives them gifts or what they want and loves them all the more. But when children disobey their parents, then the opposite happens and the parents punishes their children until they change their disobedient ways and start obeying their parents. This is the same way our Heavenly Father and Creator God treats us (His creations and children). The Holy Bible (KJV- King James Version) says…

Ephesians 6:1
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.”

Colossians 3:20
“Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.”

Deuteronomy 11:27-28
“A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:”

“And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.”

Proverbs 3:11
“My son, despise not the chastening (discipline; humbling; punishment) of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:”

Proverbs 19:18
“Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.”

Hebrews 12:6
“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.”

Proverbs 3:12
“For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.”

Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

• Wages–payment; result; consequence; punishment; reward, etc.
  • Sin–breaking or disobeying God’s laws-commandments (in the Holy Bible-Word of God)

Leviticus 20:9
“For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Matthew 15:4
“For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.”

1 Like

No. This isn’t the truth of the matter. This is a book written by a man and you spewing it off.

It has meaning for you because you choose it to. That’s it.

The bible is the claim, not the evidence.

5 Likes