I'm not too bright

I admit that I’m not exactly computer savvy, I’ve only been dinking around on ours since I retired 5 years ago. But I have a question that I hope you can answer, what does this mean?
(((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))).
I see this kind of thing on the forum all the time, what is it, and why is the number 9 or 0 usually included?

Good question. I’ve just ignored it. lol

I had to ask “what is OP” … i still forget.

It’s code for “Let your inner chimpanzee flow.”

((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))) I use this in some of my posts simply to separate bits of text, hopefully to save possible confusion. Seems that intention hasn’t been the success I had hoped. :blush:

There is no special meaning. However, quite happy to use say @@@@@@@@@@@ or $$$$$$ instead.

It didn’t occur to me that someone might interpret it differently. Mate that’s my failing, not yours.

If you are so inclined, you can replace it with a line of upside down crosses?

⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸

Or, lacking a Baphomet Unicode sign, what about a string of goats?

:goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

(get a goat by typing [colon]goat[colon])

or a metal hand/sign of the horns ([colon]metal[colon]):

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Why on earth would I want to do that? I consider the cross and image of the crucified Christ are arguably most disgusting religious symbols ever developed… What’s wrong with the Chi Ro?

I think I’ll keep it neutral

You mean!!! It does not mean "Let your inner Chimpanzee Flow??? What in the fuck am I going to tell my congregation? Okay, there are only ten of them but they bring me bananas and grapes every Sunday and we have adopted the (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) as the official symbol of our Church. The Eye of Horus, Egyptian Lover of Chimpanzees, the way the truth and the light. Aw! fuck! Now what do I do?

Lesson:
:heavy_check_mark: Mark with smiley or otherwise indicate humour
:x: Let humour be implied

Oh,silly old me. I can be a bit literal. (I blame it on the Asperger’s)

You could always just lie your little monkey butt off :slight_smile:. Why should your “Church of the Inner Flowing Chmpanzee” be any different than the others? Your fledgling church will never grow if you think you have to stick to the truth :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

Yea… of course… there is that!

I seem to recall that you used that as a symbol for hugs, elsewhere. BTW, I’ve never seen that method for posting graphics. So, being a newbie myself, can someone explain how to get the the strip with the lions and such out of the way so that I can actually see the menu at the top of the page!?

Experiment :space_invader:

OK, I see that this only works for the emojis extant at this site.

On the more serious side: you can use three dashes ("—", but it is rendered here as an em dash :frowning: ) on a separate line (the line above must be blank) or an HTML <hr> tag to make a horizontal line:

^^^^ Like this

That makes more sense to me.

Thanks for the replies everyone, now I know it’s not just me.