I will never understand it

Take it a bit at a time. Get through each hour and changes that come up with her health.

The little one, is most likely “comfortable” (drugs, and unconscious). The pain is with those on the outside, the parents and family that are powerless and watching.

It’s of little consolation but the patient in these severe situations isn’t suffering as much as we imagine as the observer.

My heart goes out to the parents and yourself and all those that care for her. It really sucks going through medical emergencies and recovery.

3 Likes

We got another update last night, and it doesn’t sound good. Isa started going “backwards” yesterday in her recovery according to her doctors. They’re going to do another MRI today to try and see if the cyst is changing or getting bigger, and to see if they missed any of the tumors attached to it.
Obviously not something we wanted to hear.
I wonder how her little sister is doing with all of this shit happening to their family.

I want to wish your young relative, and my grandson the best outcome possible. This is a hard time for us and I’m sure it is for you and yours.

My comfort zone is at least today they have some real chance. Medical SCIENCE gives me a chance for real fact based hope. This is much more palliative feeling then hoping for a miracle from a god that supposedly caused or knew this was coming anyway.

5 Likes

Not sure what to think at the moment, my sister-in-law sent a message to my wife earlier this evening saying that she would call us later and let us know what’s going on.
It’s 9:00 pm and she hasn’t called, and my wife’s afraid to call her in case it’s bad news.
Hurry up and wait.

Have an enormous virtual hug mate.

2 Likes

When this female grows up, will you be accusing her of sleeping her way to the top; as you’ve accused other women? Or will it be different because she is family?

What the fuck? Not cool, man! That little girl might not even see her next birthday, and you come here and make a remark like that? Really?

2 Likes

What I’m supposed to be nice to someone who has a history of shitting on women, just because a woman in their family is sick? That ain’t happening.

What the fuck does Camel toe Harris’ career got to do with our niece? Everything isn’t about politics, especially when we’re talking about possible life or death.

1 Like

This message is for Nyarlathotep, go fuck your self, twice.

4 Likes

Holy shit. Seriously? This is neither the time nor the place. Keep the politics out of here. Take it somewhere else.

2 Likes

We got an update late last night, Isa is doing pretty good considering what she’s had to endure. What we do know is that her vision has been permanently compromised and she can’t see anything past the foot of her bed.She’s also been diagnosed with Diabetes Insipidus. It’s very rare and can be caused by damage to the pituitary gland, and is probably permanent also.
They’re going to lower her dosage of steroids to try to determine the amount the pituitary function she has left. They were successful in removing all of the tumors, but they can’t do anything more about the cyst on it.
My wife’s response to our kids was exactly what you’d expect,“the lord has blessed her with a sweet and gentle spirit”.
Again, I will never understand how/why theists believe the things that they do.
If she can handle the lower dose of steroids, she can be moved out of the ICU. But she’s not going home anytime soon.

2 Likes

@mr.macabre13

Hey, you are already stressed enough. Take a deep breath and stay focused on what matters. That little girl. Be the bigger man here and ignore inappropriate cheap shots from anybody that seems to lack common decency.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I just got an update from my wife, as of today, the doctors don’t think she has any pituitary function, which is affecting her thyroid. She has thirst sensation, which is good, however she can’t produce stress hormones.
If she experiences any kind of trauma/injury, she will need to be injected with a type of epipen. When she reaches puberty, she will need daily injections.
She could be moved out of the ICU today if she can handle the lower dose of steroids.
My wife also texted this message,“the lord can change all of this in a moment he chooses”. “His plans for Isa and her family are all good and his glory”. “It’s a hard day, but he is still on his throne”.
Sounds like something you’d hear the member of a cult spout out.
Jesus fucking christ, if he can “fix” her, then why doesn’t he just do it??

2 Likes

OMG - that is good news… she’s alive and it was an overall success given the brain tumours!!! If she had been born in a different era :grimacing:

She has challenges ahead - BUT she’s alive to conquer and incorporate those challenges into strengths.

A big hug :hugs: to you and a big sigh of relief 😮‍💨 getting past this most critical part.

1 Like

This is where I first deprogrammed myself from religious “god is loving” indoctrination.

Even to this day, with my loved ones (and even with your niece who I don’t know) IF I HAD THE POWER. Fuck, doctors only have “so much ability” and they do everything they can to save and improve a person’s life/health.

Why are people “more loving” than this god, who is apparently “a Father figure”??? A fucking piece of shit, no child support paying, absentee, narcissistic, abusive son-of-a-bitch “father”

1 Like

@mr.macabre13 Please ignore the very cheap shot inflicted by an insensitive asshole.

One thing I say to myself when things get crazy is “I can not change others, the only person I can change is myself”.

Ignore their expected drivel, it is what they reach for in times of stress. Please focus on this little girl, that is all that matters.

Thinking of you bud.

2 Likes

Good idea; I’ll take it to the debate section. Oh wait, this is the debate section!

Standing up for ~50% of the human race (women) shouldn’t be politics. But perhaps you are right that it is.

@Nyarlathotep How does belittling someone (even if their beliefs are morally wrong) ever help that person change? What does this accomplish besides you inflating your ego and feeling self righteous? Clearly acting like the preacher at the front of the church and being holier than though is a good look. You want to act like that then go back to church.

Calling someone a bigot and loser usually never nets the end result you want. What you’re doing here is just self pleasuring, so please stop. (Insert your own jokes here)

As for @mr.macabre13 I would take what your wife says as the kind gesture that it is. Is it misguided, absolutely, but when you don’t comprehend the world in a logical manner you can’t expect a logical response to good news. If she understood what you do, she would just replace the word god with the doctors. The feeling and emotion behind it is still good and valid, just misdirected. My parents still say weird things like that to me, and I have to remind myself they’re still human beings and are perceiving the world differently. Their emotions and sentiments are still in good nature. I have to view them not from the perspective of logically misinformed but the perspective of where they are coming from emotionally and exclude the former.

2 Likes