I hate christmas

Christmas is based around the birth of the Son of the living God of Irael and the universe. The God of Abraham, Issac, and Joseph.

Are you sure you want to be saying its stupid or unnecessary. I mean you wouldn’t be here is it weren’t for Jesus’s Father so, what’s the issue…

Which is your right to believe in. But as an atheist, I don’t see any evidence of a god, nor do I see any valid evidence there was a jesus as depicted in the bible.

1 Like

I respect your opinion on this. It is an experience to know God. You have to humble yourself. Ever since I realized He existed, His fallen dumbass servant, Lucifer, who should have never left Heaven in the first place won’t leave me alone. Its a little impossible to ignore, but I guess you have to experience it. I hope you’ll give God a chance. He can bring peace into your life.

I was a thoroughly invested theist for over 50 years. Religion is a major cause of unhappiness. Once I realized I was an atheist (I did not chose to be) it was like a great weight of fear and unhappiness dissipated. My life has improved.

I do not blame an invisible being for my errors. I take responsibility for my actions and do not blame others.

It appears that believing in this lucifer is a cause for distress in your life. I do not carry that burden of fear and uncertainty.

1 Like

Have you ever heard that song by the Weekend, “Blinded by the light.” It sounds really good and it’s smooth, just like life can be when you ignore the fact that he exists. But alot of people one day are going to be walking down the road, and look up and realize that the Bible is true. We were built to last forever. There is a God and there is a Heaven, and they’re never going to be able to get into it, because its too late, and they decided to spend their lives without God, so why should God want to spent an eternity with you. And when you realize this truth and you are in the “outer darkness, where there will be weeping and knashing of teeth,” as Jesus told us, and you can see Heaven but never enter it…that is the very definition of Hell my friend. I don’t wish it on you, your family or anyone else in this world. Thats why I get on here, because you need to see the truth before it’s too late.

It was an atheist who said, “if I really believed in God and the Devil, Heaven and Hell, how much would I have to hate someone note to tell them about it?”

I don’t hate you man. I pray the best for you always.

Why should I want to spend an eternity kissing this god’s ass? Do you understand that if heaven did exist, it would be a terrible place to spend for eternity? Unless it has cocaine, rock music, and hookers.

2 Likes

@Lukang I have a personal theory (not a scientific theory).

If there was a god and the bible was true, then god set up this planet to weed out the intelligent and independent from the “remainder” (I do try to be polite) and heaven is actually flipped from hell. Theists go to hell because god gave them a brain to think with, and they failed to realize their potential.

Why is it that our societies admire and praise such attributes such as courage and independence, yet
those qualities are not wanted in a theistic environment?

How many times have we heard stuff like this on this forum? Dozens? Hundreds? Remember, this is an atheist site–we don’t believe in any of the god and heaven stuff because there’s not a shred of evidence for any of it.

Can you provide independent, objective evidence for the existence of any god(s) and/or heaven without referencing the christian bible?

Hey LuKang:, or whatever your name is, I started this thread originally to hear if any other atheists on this forum hate x-mas as much as I do. The commercialization of this time of year just pisses me off, and your religious reasonings mean less than nothing to me.
If you really believe all of that crap that you’re espousing, then I feel genuinely sorry for you. You’re too afraid to face the fact that we all live live and die(in my opinion) and that’s it, no happy ending, no heaven or eternity with your make believe deity.
Where’s your proof that any of this is true, and if it were true, does that mean that all Hindu’s, Jew’s, Muslim’s, etc. are wrong and then are damned like all us atheists?

There is a difference between kissing the ass of an unworthy being and wanting to serve a righteousness infiniteand loving God. If you want nothing more than drugs and sex, by all means, keep down your current road, because whether you know it or not, you are kissing lucifer’s ass and eating out his nasty little man hole. There is a better road of righteousness and it will lead to an eternity inside of the spectrum of God’s love which will be more pleasureful spiritually than any drug or serial physical experience on Earth. Thats why the Bible clearly states that the flesh will fall away but the spirit endureth forever. Where your spirit ends up for its eternity makes all the difference, because there will be no sex or drugs in Hell, and lucifer will be in agony besides you, not in a place of power.

@Lukang Interesting projection, but what would one do besides kissing the ass of an insecure deity who needs support, and playing bingo?

Please, seriously, what is that?

1 Like

You do know that there is not a skerrick of evidence contemporary to the alleged Jesus figures life?

You know that there is a preponderance of evidence that much of the NT is either later additions, omissions or copies of much older tales?

You know that YHWH was a nasty second rate Babylonian thunder god, was revered by the Canaaniotes (including hebrews) as a war God?

You do know that YHWH was allegedly married to Ashera (another Canaanite goddess) ? And that the Hebrews revered her and built shrines to her?

So why should I believe the god of your interpretation of a much translated, bowdlerised book of many versions??

3 Likes

You mean, a loving god that lovingly allows children to suffer abuse and rape, a god that lovingly promotes slavery and infanticide, a god that in his love of his female subjects defines rape as a crime not against the woman but against the father, etc.?

And what the hell is an “infinite god”?

4 Likes

The only guy in the bible who tells the truth. That Lucifer?

Must be nice living in their own little world. The theists that just spout this kind of crap need to get some help.

This is where we differ in approach. I consider the great majority of theists as victims of a scam. Yes, they need help, and hopefully we assist by encouraging them to be more critical in their thinking, being aware of religious history, and recognizing the effects of peer pressure. (just a few examples)

I do not desire to insult anyone, I want them to be liberated from the poisonous culture and teachings of religion.

1 Like

So on entering this heaven you will be filled with “the spectrum of god’s love”? For that to happen there must be a change within you, and thus god has reached into your heart/brain and modified something.

How would one deal with loved ones, even pets that do not get to heaven? If I actually went to heaven I would be very unhappy not having my loved ones with me. So what happens? Does god wipe away all memories of those in our past?

The sole conclusion I can reach is that in heaven there is no free will.

Here’s another question about heaven… My mother had two children who both died soon after birth. Assuming there is a heaven, will these two babies be in heaven as babies? Children? Young adults? Adults?

And if they are there as babies; when they are reunited with their mother, will they forever be there as babies, never growing up?

:flushed:

Seriously- there’s meds for that. Sounds like a mental illness.

Definitely not a sell for “Jesus”…

1 Like