How to Choose Your Friends (Part 2)

I may have told this true story before.

Little Cranky is five, in class. Nun instructs “Hands up all those who want to go to heaven”

Looks at Cranky: “You don’t have your hand up. Don’t you want to go to heaven?”

Cranky ; “Not if that lot are going”

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mormons actually teach that when we die we meet all of our relatives and spend eternity with them. Pickle me grandmother! Couldn’t be in the same room with half of 'em without wanting to smack 'em when they were alive.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

“Hell for the company. Heaven for the climate” (Mark Twain)

“Heaven: Something which would be absolutely uninhabitable for anyone of civilised taste” (Evelyn Waugh)

1 Like

Campello,

What about David and Jonathan? Did they have a proper friendship? They not only loved the same things, but each loved each other “as his own soul” and David’s love for Jonathan “exceeded his love of women.”

Possibly Gay Bible Stories–Were David and Jonathan Gay?

:two_men_holding_hands::rainbow::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::grin:

And what about Jesus and his 13 “special male friends?” (Yeah, I included Judas too. After all, he was the “pivot man” of Jesus’ plan. Jesus couldn’t have done it all without Judas!)

Make sure they are not bullshit, fake people.

Like the author of this thread then. Please offer more than vapid deepities, the posters here don’t care for people preaching at them, I know I don’t.

1 Like

So you feel justified in judging others. How wonderful for you. Sounds very priggish to me, not to mention outrageously judgemental.

Best definitions of friends I’ve come across:

" A friend is a person who knows you very well but likes you anyway" (anon)

" A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body" (Alexei Sayle)

1 Like