Going against the Grain

Hello - god choice - otherwise you’re just an opinionated ignorant bigot without an invisible sky daddy to blame

The difference between your socks and ghosts is that with ghosts there are apparitions.caught on cctv. Put it this way, assuming there is a judgment day when all the ghosts/spirits are watching their past life(s), all the evidence past down from generation to generation concerning an after life was clearly there, but many instead listened to some person that came up with an alternative idea, which was backed up by other like minded individuals wearing white over coats.

That is a controversial assumption.

@ light_hearted

I have to be honest with you. No one here is going to take a word you have to say seriously if you keep insisting that ghosts are real.

1 Like

Well as I don’t accept Youtube videos as incontravertible evidence or that the supernatural exists outside fevered imaginations, I seriously doubt you have the resources to come up with the prize in bullion or even seashells.
But I am willing to discuss all these issues you raise if you first establish your credentials as someone who knows what they are talking about and give some inkling of how you define your god.
You came here to explain your god, my request is not unreasonable.
If your god is real I know that Bible scripture promises the Holy Spirit will answer for you.

3 Likes

I don’t understand what “ghosts claim”
Has to do with WHICH GOD YOU WORSHIP- unless you are worshipping a ghost … is it holy?

Whitefire. Are you saying that I should throw out all the millenniums of belief in an afterlife because you think they were all wrong because some Johnny-come-latelies (aka scientists) have come up with an alternative scenario of life and death in this world and universe.

I didn’t suggest that - I’ve asked numerous times, because you offered (after your associated claims of gays and flat earthers) to describe or identify YOUR god…

Presumably you’ve thrown out other such beliefs without any problem (elves, dragons, minotaurs, centaurs, sprites, faeries, giants).

Why we are living shouldn’t we explore every avenue of possibility. There is no point exploring atheism because you live and die and that is basically it. Shouldn’t we then make sure beyond a shadow of a dought that there is nothing else. A good place to start is with the supernatural. Because if when we get the feeling of dejavu, maybe we have already lived life over. Obviously an impossible thing in a real world, but maybe our world and universe is being made in a natural place where all things can be possible. What about Clairvoyants. Are they all wrong or is there something more than meets the scientific?

" What exactly would that prove about your personal superstitions?"

Also pretty stupid to bet a million dollars when you don’t have the money. Have bit of a look around. Flat earthers have their own forum. You’re going to feel a right dickhead when you discover that some flat earthers are atheist.

A man called James Randi did have a million dollars. It was offered to anyone who could prove any paranormal power . The offer was open for many years, yet no one won the million

Bored now,can’t be bothered with you

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge was an offer by the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) to pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. A version of the challenge was first issued in 1964. Over a thousand people applied to take it, but none were successful. The challenge was terminated in 2015.[1][2][3]

People who claim be to clairvoyant do no better than chance when tested.

Let’s look at this. Yes, according to nature which can be studied scientifically we are born and we die. In the middle we live a life. We put meaning into our life and find our own values to enrich that life. We produce offspring which carries on or evolves our species. Nothing wrong with that. We also have an imagination which has worked for our species benefit.

Now, I don’t live my life with an absolute knowledge of god or afterlife or ghosts or aliens…have I imagined them? Yes. Have I enjoyed good books and movies with these themes? Yes.

You are very judgemental of others. Very defensive of what you think others may think…weird - perhaps it’s because you judge before you listen :ear:

And I still have no fucking clue what god you believe exists!!! Jesus Fuckin’Christ

1 Like

I haven’t thrown out anything.To me,a fire breathing dragon would be a volcano hurling fiery rocks. I can easily see how a village being pelted by volcanic fiery rocks coming from many miles away could easily be associated with a fire breathing dragon. Zeus is on top of a fiery Volcano overflowing with lava.and hurling his lightning bolts down to the ground. Zeus (who is the personification of the fiery volcano) made Madusa, Madusa is equated with a serpent that when you look at her beautiful face you turn into stone, which is what happens when you are bewitched by the beauty of flowing lava snaking through the ground until you are turned into stone by raining hot sticky ash. Like the people in Pompei.So do I believe in Zeus as a God? Yes, beause Zeuse is the personification of a natural event.

And THOR, lightening and the “sun god” variations - get to the point

And btw your written words about Zeus and Medusa - how very sciencey of you …

So you keep saying, care to offer anything approaching evidence?

You claim to know what they are in the same sentence you admit they are unexplained, that’s just stupid as well as irrational.

Still anecdotal hearsay, and still an argumentum ad populum fallacy, repetition won’t change this fact.

That is just a repetition of your false equivalence fallacy.

What evidence, you have not demonstrated any?

Atheism isn’t a belief, it is the lack or absence of a belief.

This is still a false equivalence fallacy.

My point is that all the Gods of all the religions of great civilizations are all derived from the same belief. All the Gods are personificatioons. Even the Bible’s God is equated with a fiery volcano. The God of the Bible is called a Rock (volcano). Now, you are probably thinking, how does a Rock (volcano) talk or do miracles? Obviously someone is talking on its behalf, but why|?

When a writer or movie “personifies” something like “death” in that movie with Brad Pitt “Meet Joe Black” or says “The wind raged
against the shore” … do these, ie death and wind qualify as gods?

1 Like

Help me out and paraphrase your statement “This is still a false equivalence fallacy.”