God's plan for Emily

@21stCenturyIconoclas

Why argue if a god is moral or not, before establishing his existence in reality…that is just silly. I DO NOT concede that their respected god exists without clear objective evidence. Arguing specific tenets of each specific god, is pointless…I do not allow theists a foothold in reality by using their specific gods tenets as points of argument…that is counter-productive…and frankly speaking, silly.

2 Likes

dog almighty,

Well, you say “Tomato” and I say “Tomahto” lol. As you stated, I guess I’ll just continue to be silly, counter-productive and pointless in your subjective view. :slight_smile:

So…you didn’t understand my point of view then?

You are always welcome to argue with theists about talking donkeys…nobody is stopping you.

dogalmighty,

YOUR QUOTE: “You are always welcome to argue with theists about talking donkeys.”

Thats the point, if Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, didn’t exist in the minds of pseudo-christians, the talking donkey scenario within the Bible would not exist to easily ridicule them and show how pagan their belief actually is. Lest you forget, do not forget about the “talking bush” (Exodus 3:4-5) and the talking serpent (Genesis 3:1). LOL

What I have personally experienced on this site is everyone has their own approach and knowledge base.
As an atheist (lack of god belief) there are a variety of voices.
Myself, I’m not a “logical” ( as compared to Sheldon) or “biblical history” (as compared to others here who’s names are escaping me).

Everyone contributes.
There’s no right way… “God” needs to be identified by the theist and the form of worship (if any)…

2 Likes

@21stCenturyIconoclas

Stop…you are now using dishonest debate tactics to try and what…sway an atheist, to become an atheist?

You do your arguing with theists your way, I’ll do it mine. I do not need to validate my means of debate, or answer to you, or god forbid, adopt your requirement to define which god a theist holds dearly…especially when they can’t get past objective evidence of existence. Why is it necessary you push your way as the best way?

I mean I just explained to you, after you persisted, why there is no need to specify which god, clearly and concisely, and had to ask you if you understood my view point…which you still haven’t answered.

I thought it was obvious, I am not interested in your debate process…nor am I interested in arguing with you. I have already explained to you my viewpoint, If you don’t understand it…oh well.

1 Like

If that’s the case why do so many theists, and religious apologists, keep asserting their deity is beyond the understanding of science, and the laws of nature?

supernatural
adjective

1. (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
2 Likes

I’m not sure that is true, since Muslims for example, claim their deity is perfectly merciful, and all powerful, which is roundly contradicted by a planet with ubiquitous pain and suffering integral to all life. If an omniscient deity designed and created this world, or even sits idly by and allows it, then it would be culpable for the result.

2 Likes

I had a burning bush once, antibiotics sorted it out… :laughing:

I’ll get my coat… :disappointed:

2 Likes

@Sheldon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

1 Like

@dogalmighty

:sunglasses: Quality…

1 Like

@Whitefire13

Indeed.

Nor am I convinced that every angry atheist I come across became an atheist from a position of lucid reasoning.

Perhaps I’m being unfair. Imo, it’s a matter of degree. I’m not convinced we humans are capable of being objective in most things and certainly not in arguments on metaphysical propositions.

2 Likes

Mydogalmighty,

YOUR QUOTE: “ You do your arguing with theists your way, I’ll do it mine.”

Barring your circular reasoning on me alleging that you are supposed to do it my way, of which I never inferred, it is only my subjective opinion. But, you are correct in debating the religious your way, and where I’ll do it my way. That was already proposed by me when I stated: “ you say tomato and I say tomato, remember?

Whitefire13 said it best in that everyone has their own approach and knowledge base to confront the pseudo-Christian to make them the fools that they are in the 21stCentury.

So, where are the pseudo-Christian targets to ply are trade?

@21stCenturyIconoclas Re: “So, where are the pseudo-Christian targets to ply are trade?”

Keep wondering about that myself. However, given the brand and “quality” of those “theists” we left behind on the old site, I would venture a guess they may not be able to make it past the newer security measures here. Apparently, sock puppets are difficult to get through customs. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tin- Man

My alter ego as an actual fundy Christian POE is on a few websites, whereas I am currently taking a 6 week banning from the mods on DEBATEART Religion forum, which by the way has a great And simple forum makeup. Anyway, my Kenneth Copeland preacher character has forgot more about the JUDEO-Christian Bible than any of the pseudo-Christians on this site will ever learn.

My MO’s alter ego, as with 21C, is to blatantly use their last form of defense, which is their “version” of the Bible, to Bible Slap them Silly in showing them to be outright hypocrites, liars, and basically Satanic fools to their Jesus’ inspired words. The moderator to the forum in question is a Hellbound Catholic, hmmmmmm, wonder why I was banned for awhile. Lol

@21stCenturyIconoclas

I’m confused…Why would anyone boast of being a poe or a troll? Imo both are being intentionally deceptive to boost their own ego.

4 Likes

I have found you really cant use science or philosophy or history to debate Christians. They usually dont understand any of it. I prefer exposing their misunderstandings of the Bible.
I dont use sock puppets to mislead them and I like to avoid adhominems. If the deception is found out it does not aid our efforts to inform either for believers or undecided bystanders.

@21stCenturyIconoclas

Cognitive dissonance much? You might want to give up on your plea to correct everyone to your way, the better way. It is obvious when I disagreed with you, I made you feel uncomfortable…It was obvious the moment each person disagreed with you, and you persisted even when explained why. Good luck in explaining why your way, is better than anyone else’s. For me, stop with your badgering, I don’t agree with you, as already mentioned. This is the second time I have mentioned this to you. Stop attacking me for what I may believe…especially when each person on this site has the right to their own opinion.

@21stCenturyIconoclas

Just in case you continue, or don’t understand…

“An argumentum ad hominem is when someone uses a personal attack as a substitute for an argument, or utilizes the personal attack as a premise supporting an argument”

“Cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values; or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that.”

Wish we could send out for some…Yeah, hi, can we have two Dominionists with extra cheese, a Trinitiarian…no forget the special, just the one thanks,…ah, four Evangelicals, Deep Southern Fried, with hominy grits, one Muslim with tabouleh, one Hindu with garlic naan bread.
Make it express delivery. Ten bucks bonus if you get here before we all start feeding on ourselves, thanks.

2 Likes