God has no plan - that's the plan

Apparently, God has no plan - that’s the plan. As far as I can see, it’s freedom all the way. Free Will is a Catholic thing, but I won’t hold that against it.

1 Like

Do you just plan on continuing this habit of posting random inane assertions?

4 Likes

It’s a free world in which to go whatever way you wish. I wish to continue abstractly plodding along.

1 Like

This is not very “abstract”

It seems on two threads you have made assertions. Just on this one, as we are here, care to back “the god has no plan?” assertion up with some evidence.

It seems you pre- supposed that something you call “god” actually exists.
So, evidence of its existence or at the very least your definition of such a thing.

Oh, the “free willy thang” - that is also mainstream protestant. I am sure you will not hold it against them either.

I believe that I am a stranger in my own land.

Man simply is. - Jean-Paul Sartre

What are you going on about?

God has no plan . . . that’s the plan?

Are you sure that you’re not a Buddhist?

It’s a Schrödinger’s plan – it’s both there and not there, simultaneously.

2 Likes

You just gave me a wonderful idea.

The cat in the sealed box is neither alive nor dead until we open the box, yet our common sense tells us that it has to be one or the other . . . even if this dichotomy isn’t true.

In a like matter, God neither exists nor doesn’t exist . . . He is in a similar state as Schrodinger’s cat until we die . . . which equates to opening the box.

1 Like

God’s plan is PERFECT, and absolutely nobody can change it. Even though God is outside space and time, he made his plan eons before he ever created the universe, the Earth, and his precious human pets. And since God made his Perfect Plan with ZERO mistakes, he knows EXACTLY how EVERYTHING will happen within his plan. God even knows the EXACT thoughts, actions, and feelings of every single human every step of the way from the time he created his plan until the time his plan is planned to end. Matter of fact, God’s plan is so perfect that he even gave his human pets FREE WILL so that they could make their own independent decisions on how to live their own lives according to said Perfect Plan. And God already knows what ALL of those decisions will be, because he planned ahead to know ALL of those decisions BEFORE they were made, as part of the Perfect Plan he made before any of us ever existed. Why do people find this so difficult to understand?

(Edit for premonitions.)

3 Likes

Ummm… So can I eat shrimp or not? And, do I really have to marry that girl I raped?

1 Like

Well, it is part of God’s plan that you SHOULD marry that girl, but NOT eat the shrimp. However, it is totally your choice whether you do or don’t, because you have Free Will. Don’t worry, though, because you are totally covered no matter what you choose. For God already knows what decision you will make. And he already knew long before you were ever born, because he planned it that way as part of his Perfect Plan that you cannot change. (Oh, but if you do decide to marry her, I want to be the Best Man. Plus, I’ll bring the shrimp for the reception party.)

(Edit for throwing rice.)

2 Likes

You’re getting married??? That makes me sooooo MAD :rage:

No no no no… that was the old covenant. Now Jesus forgives all. You see, God was once just but because of the whole human sacrafice thing, he is now merciful too. So we can junk the Old Testament and not answer for anything we do. I can rape as much as I like and Jesus forgives. I’'m all yours baby… but isn’t that setting the bar extremely low?

2 Likes

Whaaa??? How is having a loyal monkey in your life a low bar?

1 Like

Awwww shucks! Is my face red?
Blushing Monkey

2 Likes

I think you can just release a slave and you don’t have to marry her :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, this thread quickly descended into a shit fest.

It was ill conceived from the start, which is a shame as filching lines from Joseph Heller’s seminal tome might have had some value in the right hands, given it is a rich vein of profound atheistic and antitheistic diatribes.

"And don’t tell me God works in mysterious ways,’ Yossarian continued, hurtling on over her objection. 'There’s nothing so mysterious about it. He’s not working at all. He’s playing. Or else He’s forgotten all about us. That’s the kind of God you people talk about - a country bumpkin, a clumsy, bungling, brainless, conceited, uncouth hayseed. Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth decay in His divine system of creation? What in the world was running through that warped, evil, scatological mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel movements? Why in the world did He ever create pain?”
― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

It pays to take a lead from a masterful writer like Heller, rather than butcher the point with risible and facile absolutes.

2 Likes