Falun Gong weird beliefs & Epoch Times

• TIME: Why does chaos reign now?
    Li: Of course there is not just one reason. The biggest cause of society’s change today is that people no longer believe in orthodox religion. They go to church, but they no longer believe in God. They feel free to do anything. The second reason is that since the beginning of this century, aliens have begun to invade the human mind and its ideology and culture.

• TIME: Where do they come from?
    Li: The aliens come from other planets. The names that I use for these planets are different . Some are from dimensions that human beings have not yet discovered. The key is how they have corrupted mankind. Everyone knows that from the beginning until now, there has never been a development of culture like today. Although it has been several thousand years, it has never been like now.
    The aliens have introduced modern machinery like computers and airplanes. They started by teaching mankind about modern science, so people believe more and more science, and spiritually, they are controlled. Everyone thinks that scientists invent on their own when in fact their inspiration is manipulated by the aliens. In terms of culture and spirit, they already control man. Mankind cannot live without science.
    The ultimate purpose is to replace humans. If cloning human beings succeeds, the aliens can officially replace humans. Why does a corpse lie dead, even though it is the same as a living body? The difference is the soul, which is the life of the body. If people reproduce a human person, the gods in heaven will not give its body a human soul. The aliens will take that opportunity to replace the human soul and by doing so they will enter earth and become earthlings.
    When such people grow up, they will help replace humans with aliens. They will produce more and more clones. There will no longer be humans reproduced by humans. They will act like humans, but they will introduce legislation to stop human reproduction.

:flushed:

I, uh, was curious about the Epoch Times as it seems to be quoted often by many a far-righter… the paper was started by this group’s members as a “mouth” piece. NOW, just because someone practices a belief and starts a business doesn’t mean that it’s a “tool” or “propaganda” or has an “agenda”. BUT I did find it interesting that:
In 2009, Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong, appeared at the newspaper’s headquarters in Manhattan and called for the expansion of The Epoch Times to “become regular media.”[18] Li has referred to The Epoch Times as “our media”, along with the NTD digital production company and the Shen Yun dance troupe.[18][45] Two former employees said that top editors traveled to meet with Li at Falun Gong’s compound, Dragon Springs, where Li weighed in on editorial and strategic decisions; The Epoch Times denied that a meeting took place.[21]

So I looked up Li (see above Time interview in 1999).

That time frame (turn of the millennium) …

David Icke has been an icon of conspiratorial movements since he first declared himself the son of God in the early 1990s. His laying out of the foundations of the idea of a New World Order is what has maintained his popularity. Central to this belief is the concept of reptilian-human hybrids (otherwise known as “lizard people”) descended from a cross-breeding with interdimensional reptilian beings (known as Archons) that control Earth and its political machinations through manipulation (Icke). The Archons wish to manipulate humans because, by keeping them in a constant state of fear and hate, the Archons are able to feed off of negative energy that is given off. In fact, Icke believes that the entire universe is made up of vibrational energy and the manipulation of humans is what keeps them from realizing this (Icke). All of the components of this complicated system are contained in Icke’s books and lectures, with much of his direct linking between lizard people and important political figures in The Biggest Secret (1999).

One more quote from the Time article:

Li:

• At the beginning you asked why I did such things. I only tell practitioners, but not the public because they cannot comprehend it. I am trying to save those people who can return to a high level and to a high moral level. Modern science does not understand this, so governments can do nothing. The only person in the entire world who knows this is myself alone.
    I am not against the public knowing, but I am teaching practitioners.

In 2005 while I was going to work, every morning at 6:00 AM I used to pass by this group of people on an open expense of grass on a corner performing their exercises, and with a large banner with “Falun Gong” on it.

It is a pervasive movement and everywhere.

Maybe this is the human condition and why religion flourishes, a great majority of people just like woo woo.

Indeed. I saw a demonstration by Falun Gong supporters in Christchurch, New Zealand, several years ago. They were protesting against persecution of the sect in China.

I don’t know much about Falun Gong, but I find it hard to believe that their weird woo woo could be more evil and dangerous than the totalitarian tyrannical religion of the Chinese Communist Party.

I find it especially offensive that the CCP claims to be atheist. Leaders like Mao, Deng, and Xi have been given a god-like status, and the heresy of expressing doubt about their infallibility is still punished with medieval cruelty.

I don’t think they’re (Fulan Gong) harmful
ESPECIALLY when compared to the CCP but they’re not all that grounded in reality either. Harmless nuts :chestnut:

Fulan Gong sounds like the asian equivalent of Hubbard’s Scientology. People thought they were just harmless nuts too, but they have been responsible for a lot of harm to many many people. This must qualify Fulan Gong and Scientology as religions.
We are surrounded with woo-wooists…which means we are Awoo-wooists. Thats catchy, lets start a newspaper.

How is “Now” any different from any other time in history. Bart Erhman insists that early Christianity was much more diverse than the Christianity we have today. People were more superstitious and believed in a whole lot more woo. As there was no system of mass communication everything was a sect/cult; from one little community to the next. Every little town had their own protector god. As for the people, people were more accepting of these different ideas… well… until the Abrahamic religions magically appeared. Then it was believe as we believe or die. (Well… the early Jews had a bit of a different message. We are chosen, you are not… naa naa naa naa naa naaaa. )

So Chaos “Now” just seems a bit of a stretch. Chaos has always been here. Perhaps because of the massive communications systems we have, we are more aware of it. But people still come up with inane woo woo bullshit ideas and there are still people out there willing to believe anything. Isn’t that the way it has always been?

ALIENS: Again, you are dealing with a phenomena that has always existed in the minds of humans. “The star people” or “People from the stars,” is a very common ancient mythology. The gods lived beyond the stars (how does that not qualify them as aliens.) God in the Mormon fiath along with his sons, Jesus and Satan live on the planet Kolob. Scientology came up with Lord Xenu who dumped Thetens into volcanoes by flying D-C 8s over them. You have the Book of Enoch in Christianity, an alien journey and discussion of a creator race. You have the Vimāna mythological flying palaces or chariots described in Hindu texts along with their alien races. (This list is extensive Category:Non-human races in Hindu mythology: Category:Non-human races in Hindu mythology - Wikipedia

Finally: The question itself is biased. “Where do they come from?” Makes the assumption they are here. A better question is, “Do we have any actual evidence at all that aliens 1. exist and 2. are visiting us.” I know of no good evidence.

I see 'Li" making a whole lot of assertions but backing it up with nothing.

All I see is woo.

AND good old JWs… “For 62 years, 1891 to 1953, the WTS taught that God resided on the star Alcyone in the Pleiades constellation and that from this star he governed the universe.”

Good points.

My main point was, I can’t say I would necessarily trust a media newspaper :newspaper: ran/heavily influenced by Scientologists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, (as a group)…etc

The bias for their worldview in reporting IMO would have to be kept strongly in mind and I’d be too busy “fact checking” or sourcing the articles to make it worth all my time.

Mind you the “Awake!” Mag the WTBTS published was offered like news on current events.

Indeed.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again: Taken as a whole, neither Mormonism nor Scientology are any loopier than Christianity. Neither of those belief systems preach human sacrifice, cannibalism or raising people from the dead as far as I know.

Scientology is banned in the PRC because it’s considered a cult. Unlike in Oz and other usually sane countries where it’s been granted full Tax exempt religious status .

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))0))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Totally off topic. I’ve only gotten up a little while ago after a grandpa nap. I had just finished the second coat of oil on the decking. Quite pleased because I usually stuff up practical things. It’s a little uneven, but it looks ok from a distance. The small creature is Major, my Jack Russell. Yesterday he managed to get oil on himself. Took ages to get it all out.

Great jobs :+1: awwwww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: love dogs :dog:

How many atheists burn witches, commit egregiously violent acts of terrorism, rape children with impunity because they then confess their “sin” in an act of contrition and think their vile crimes can be forgiven.

Theists who make this absurdly dishonest accusation might ponder why the US has one of the largest prison populations in the world, despite having an overwhelming religious populace. They might also ponder why research spanning decades has shown a disproportionately higher percentage of theists entering the prison system than exists in the general population?

Or why many secular western democracies have sigifcantly lower rates of crimes, especially violent crimes like murder and rape?

Ffs, I could’ve saved myself a whole lot of typing there…:smirk:

David Icke, why has he not been committed yet?

Thank you.

Do you have any dogs?

There have ben dogs in my life since I was 8, with some gaps. EG army…

I’ve been in this house 30 years in November. Major is my fourth dog. All have come from Animal welfare : A German Shepherd and a companion ,a toy poodle X terrier ,last one was a Pit Bull. Gentle, best personality of the lot. Crumbles my cookies to hear people go on about ‘bad breeds’. Have never seen any, have however seen some shitty owners.

It’s been a period of adjustment with Major. I’m not used to having a dog smarter than me , nor one as distressingly energetic.

1 Like

Is that true? Evidence please. I’m mindful of the fact that around 87% of the total world population are theists.

Might be worth looking at if atheists are over represented. IE in excess of 13% of prison populations? I seem to remember reading we are significantly under represented . Don’t remember when or where I read that, so the claim must be taken as anecdotal.

@boomer47

The Pew research centre had some stats from memory, I’ll try and find it.

I found this, though we should be cautious, as when I said “might want to ponder why” I was responding directly to the claim atheists “think they can do whatever they want.”

The Federal Bureau of Prisons released an April 2013 survey of 218,167 prisoners that reports 0.07% of prisoners call themselves atheists. You read that right. Not 7%, or even 0.7 percent, but 0.07% of American prisoners are atheists.

Hemant Mehta first reported the statistic on his popular blog, The Friendly Atheist. Mehta wanted to corroborate the oft-quoted but dated, statistic that 0.7% of prisoners are atheists.

His open records request to the Federal Bureau of Prisons proves that an even smaller percentage of American prisoners, 0.07%, identify as atheists. Because 2.4% of the general population of Americans are atheists, according to a 2012 Pew study, atheists make up a disproportionately small percentage of prisoners. (Pew shows one in five U.S. adults identifies as “nonreligious,” but doesn’t necessary use the term “atheist.”)

That goes a long way to debunk the myth that a person can’t be good without a god. “Atheists have their own moral compass that doesn’t involve a holy book,” Mehta wrote.

Another reason for the low representation of atheists in prison is atheists tend to be well-educated and have above-average socioeconomic status. Inmates in general tend to be less- educated and poorer than the average American. This points out a flaw in American society, not in atheists’ morality.

Holy books may condemn and vilify atheists as terrible people, but this statistic just adds to the long list of their inaccuracies: 99.93% of people going to prison are not atheists.

— Andrew Seidel

So whilst some caution is necessary in how the data is interpreted, I merely meant that it didn’t support the claim atheists are less moral.

Here’s a link to that article and survey anyway. I’ll keep looking for more.

Paranthetical to my previous post.

One reason for caution in interpreting the data is explained here.

Though I do remember a survey being conducted on prisoners before they entered the prison system, and again from memory it had a disproportionately low percentage of atheists.

Either way there is no data I’m aware of that indicates atheists are les moral per se than theists. Though to be objective it would have to compare them under the same circumstances obviously.

My pic…

This gal - a chihuahua and a chihuahua mix. 4 cats and a rabbit… a pet chicken :rooster:

1 Like

@Whitefire13 Maybe you can be the first person in the world, to finally solve the age-old riddle, of why the chicken crossed the road. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was nailed to a hedgehog…

:sunglasses:

Yup……and Sonic suffered and died on the Cross for our sins. All hail our Lord and Savior, Sonic! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: