Does Lori Vallow Daybell belong in prison?

:rofl:

Iā€™ve heard that before, but not for a while, itā€™s still funny. I remember a poster once telling me with absolute candour that ā€œmost people are above average intelligenceā€. Itā€™s fair to say she took umbrage when I laughed at the claim.

2 Likes

Thank you for that idea . . . it is something that I havenā€™t considered . . . if Iā€™m smarter now (by virtue of time and wisdom), then it would seem that the world has gotten stupider.

Thank you again.

I was sitting in the back of a meeting in the Army and some officer asked something like: how many of the soldiers in the company, have a [Physical Fitness Score] below the company average. Without thinking I blurted out ā€œabout halfā€; they asked me how it knew thatā€¦Sometimes it pays to keep your mouth shut.

6 Likes

Not necessarily. Although intertwined and somewhat interdependent, intelligence (the ability to learn, understand and think in a logical way about things) and wisdom (making sensible decisions and giving good advice because of your experience and knowledge) are two separate things. Intelligence may be necessary for wisdom, but it is not sufficient. Wisdom can be acquired only through experience, but by itself, experience does not automatically confer wisdom. (source)

Thus, I think you mean ā€œthe older you get, the wiser you becomeā€.

3 Likes

Hopefullyā€¦ (Though we all know of exceptions to the general demographic.)

1 Like