DNA .... the atheist's kryptonite

For the atheist to gain any credibility, the atheist must scientifically demonstrate how life emerges from non-life

1 Like

The Burden of Proof always rests with the one making the claim. Atheism is the disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of deities. It does not claim to know about the origins of the universe or where life came from. Iā€™m sorry you came to that conclusion.

3 Likes

ā€œIt does not claim the origins of the universe or where life came fromā€

so, you rest with no answers ā€¦ indeed, your ā€˜faithā€™ dictates so ?

Credibility with whom?

Why, itā€™s for scientists to find scientific explanations?

4 Likes

Atheism is not a religion and each atheist you will meet is different. A lot of us donā€™t know. I donā€™t know is an honest answer.

Would you rather I made something up?

When you have religions like Christianity or Islam or Hinduism claiming "Our Gods created the universe", a person who does not believe in those religions says " I donā€™t believe you, show me proof"

That person is not claiming they know anything. They just think the easy answers those religions are leaning on are not acceptable answers.

3 Likes

Atheism is not a religion

um, well have to agree to disagree ā€¦ the religion of man is god

1 Like

Howdy, Daddy. Uh, are you aware there are chat sites on the internet full of scientists and students who actually study and work in the fields of Abiogenesis, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and other such related studies? Perhaps you were looking for one of those sites and maybe clicked on the wrong icon? I mean, granted, we do have a couple of members here who are quite well-versed in a couple of those subjects. However, a majority of us (myself included) have little-to-no formal teachings in those areas. (Personally, I have a very BASIC knowledge, at best.) Anyway, point being, I guess what Iā€™m wondering is, what does any of that have to do with atheism?

5 Likes

well, thatā€™s a lot of degrees for no answers ? ā€¦ you paying for that ?
indeed, DNA is your stumbling block

1 Like

Not remotely what he said, so bombastically starting with a known logical fallacy, argumentum ad ignorantiam was not a very auspicious start from you, moving immediately to a straw man fallacy even less so.

Religious faith is the strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. So only an idiot or a troll would even try and claim atheism required faith, or a liar of course, who was dishonestly conflating religious faith with the wordā€™s common usage, which is defined as complete trust or confidence in someone or something. Now since you now less than fuck all about what any atheist here thinks beyond their lack of belief in a deity, which category are we to place you in, ignorant idiot, troll, liar?

4 Likes

indeed, it all applies to you too

Now since you now less than fuck all about ā€¦ blah blah

ā€¦ oh, here we go

1 Like

Actually itā€™s a fact that Atheism is not a religion. Here, educate yourself on what Atheism is.

Which god is that exactly?

There are 330,000,000 gods in Hinduism and there are 800 Kami gods in Shinto. There is one god in Islam. 4 gods in Christianity if you believe in Godā€™s wife, Asherah and her 2 sisters. 66 different Norse gods, 3142 gods in the Greek pantheon etc etc

So really. Which god are you referring to?

3 Likes

My sentiments exactly, and we note without surprise youā€™ve moved on to dishonest selective quotes of my posts, I shanā€™t even feign surprise at this dishonesty. Now did want to stop making bombastic idiotic and irrational claims and actually debate something? Or are you going to enthral us with further duplicitous remarks by trying to claim you know what atheists think beyond their lack of belief in any deity, before they tell you?

1 Like

making bombastic idiotic and irrational claims

and you have no answers ?? ā€œwe have no answers, we just know a god didnā€™t do itā€ ā€¦ lol pfft !!

1 Like

Why do you need atheists to explain your religion and your beliefs to you?

4 Likes

Why?

(Extra characters to get to twenty)

2 Likes

Why do you need atheists to explain your religion and your beliefs to you?

No need for you to explain what I believe ā€¦ Iā€™m putting your belief on the exam table

1 Like

It appears you havenā€™t finished making bombastic and idiotic claims yet, however this is a debate forum. You made several stupid claims, you donā€™t seem to want to answer any questions about the idiocy of those claims, this has all the appearance of trolling. However I will try again then:

Who is it you think atheists here need to appear credible to, and why?

Why do you think atheists, as opposed to scientists, should be looking for scientific answers for abiogenesis, and why?..do take your time.

2 Likes

The men who wrote the bible in 325 AD knew nothing of RNA and DNA. Iā€™d say that itā€™s your stumbling block.

1 Like

No you created a straw man, and assigned it to us, you donā€™t know what we believe until we tell you. Unless you wish to make the risible assertion to clairvoyant prescience. I mean youā€™d not be the first peddler of superstition to make such a risible claim of course.

And yes, you do need to explain your beliefs, since you bought them here for debate.

4 Likes