DNA .... the atheist's kryptonite

No you created a straw man, and assigned it to us

oh, you poor thing … you skeerd to explain why you believe so ??

so where did DNA get its start ??

Skeerd? Neither I nor anyone else have expressed any beliefs about abiogenesis, it is your thread genius, you opened with a generic claim about atheists no one had expressed, ipos facto it was a straw man fallacy,

Now once again then, why would atheists, as opposed to scientists need to answer scientific questions about abiogenesis?

1 Like

so tell me, where did DNA get its start ?? … it had to begin somewhere … right ?

Why don’t you enthral us with your acumen? I’m not a geneticist or a scientist so I will as always believe what science can demonstrate sufficient objective evidence to support.

1 Like

so where did DNA get its start ??

I’m asking you

If you know about DNA than you would know RNA came first seeing as it arose before DNA in evolution.

Dadman has been banned for sock puppetry.

5 Likes

Since I adhere to no religion, nor do I belief any religious doctrine, that is another spectacularly stupid claim.

2 Likes

Whose we? I made no claims about what any deity has or has not done. Another straw man fallacy. nor did I claim to have no answers, so like the idiom about buses, your logical fallacies now seem to coming in duplicate.

Go back and you will see I have answered, as can anyone else. Now I have asked several times:

Why do you think atheists, rather than scientists, should give scientific answers about abiogenesis?

Are you scared (correct spelling for you) to answer?

3 Likes

Oh I was just to join in. Fricking time zones, I always get late to the party.
I had only one simple question, is @dadman capable of understanding the answer to his question.
I don’t think so, if he did he wouldn’t be asking that question in the first place.

2 Likes

And I answered, read it slowly, if you’re still struggling I will quote and embolden my answer for you.

2 Likes

Quelle surprise, I mean damnit, every time I open my heart.

Out of curiosity what were the other usernames?

Why? That isn’t a claim of atheism.

eta: as a sock-puppet, you should have known that.

And for what it is worth, I see life emerge from non-life every day in my garden.

5 Likes

Suffice it to say it wasn’t Kenny. (A tongue in cheek reference for those who been around any length of time :crazy_face:)

3 Likes

Still waiting for him to comment with his original account…

Unless that was banned way back when.

No. DNA is NOT my stumbling block. Legos are my stumbling blocks. You ever stepped on one? Them sumnabitches HURT! :dizzy_face::sob::sob:

As for degrees, I have a couple, I suppose. First, there’s my degree in Sarcastiology. Took me quite a few years to get my Masters in that one, but it was worth the effort. Next, I have MANY years of training in the Ancient Art of Bullshito. Granted, it’s not exactly a degree, but I did gain the coveted highest rank of Brown Belt. My PhD in Common Sensory Perception is probably my proudest achievement, though. That (along with my studies in Logictonomy and Rationalizationism) is what helped me to finally break the bonds of the religious indoctrination that held my psyche captive for most of my life.

Now, since you asked, I DID pay a “price” for all of those degrees. There were many losses and sacrifices endured along the way. Literal blood, sweat, and tears flowed freely at times during my journey. Pain, misery, and discomfort were often close companions. Nevertheless, I feel fortunate that I survived all those trials and exams, as they helped me become who I am today. That being said, there was no significant monetary payment for all the classes I attended over the couse of several decades. In fact, the “cost” of the knowledge I gained cannot even be accurately measured in any quantitative manner. Thanks for asking, though. :blush:

It was banned. When multiple accounts are uncovered, all of them get banned.

1 Like

Oh, okay! Fine! Have it your way. Which of my beliefs would you like to discuss?

1. I believe puppies and kittens are adorable.

2. I believe rainbows are caused by the refraction of sunlight through rainwater.

3. I believe the aroma of baking bread is wonderful.

4. I believe it is never a good idea to go skinny dipping in a crowded public pool. (Unless, of course, you are on fire and it’s the only way to douse the flames.)

5. I believe it’s not healthy to cuddle with rattlesnakes during camping trips.

Please feel free to choose either of those beliefs, and I’ll be happy to discuss it with you.

2 Likes

Uh, on Uranus, maybe? :thinking:

1 Like