Confused about Atheist views on Blasphemy

What a childish twat. Had to look up purile, pureile, prurile, pureile, oh whatever that word was,.

2 Likes

Wow, I never figured you for such an optimistic bastard. Just goes to show you, something.

3 Likes

I’m not the one with the broken blas-femer. (REMEMBER!)

Now, unless you can get that puppy fixed this is going to be like shooting hamsters in a laundry basket. Why don’t you give it a tweak and see if you can’t get it going again.,

1 Like

If we are going to start into the territory of puns for body parts, I claim dibs on Uranus.

Hmmm, sounds like someone has experience with the whole hamsters in a laundry basket thing…just sayin.

Now you are in my neck of the woods. However, I think 63 is “lowballing”.

I guess so. What if there are candles, soft music, and wine?

Sure, a romantic atmosphere is always nice. But what about lube? Pretty sure that would also be nice. Or maybe I’m just being too practical.

We use to keep them there, but then he started bringing me a morning smoothie. :mouse2:

:sob::sob::sob: Waaa-waaaaaa!! :sob::sob: That’s not nice! Take it back!.. SKRIT!.. SKRIIIIIIT!.. Cog is making fun of me for not knowing purell-… uh, perile… pearaisle… aw, hell, you know which word! Tell him to stop! :sob::sob::sob:… Oh, and what is a fancy word for “doo-doo head”?

The question is… Was Uranus a willing partner of was it Rape?

Well there are myriad answers to this question, but for now I think reprobate might apply…

…(thumbs in ears and wiggling fingers upwards)… Cog is a reprobate! Cog is a reprobrate! Cog is a repobait! Nanny-nanny-noo-noo! Cog is a rearporbate! Cog is a rareprobate!.. Wait… What does raperbait mean?

Wrong.

Quite simply, the more rabid mythology fanboys regard ANY critique of their mythologies and their cartoon magic men, no matter how robustly grounded in real world data said critiques are, as “blasphemy”, and some of the nastier ones are willing to kill anyone who doesn’t genuflect before their vicious doctrines. We’ve observed a telling instance just 72 hours ago, of the mentality involved, featuring a young girl being brutally murdered, then incinerated, by a rabid mob of Islamic mythology fanboys in Nigeria. Which, sadly, is now a country infected with venomous brands of mythology fanboyism, whose adherents are doing everything they can to propel that country back to the Stone Age,

Quite simply, “blasphemy” is an invented offence against an invented cartoon magic man, intended to shut down debate and enforce conformity to doctrine. It’s a duplicitous tool of political control, that belongs in the dustbin of history. It was used in the past as a pretext for murdering people who dared to utter eminently reasonable statements in public, that didn’t conform to the wishes of the murderous mythology fanboys in question. Giordano Bruno provides the canonical example - he was barbecued by mythology fanboy psychopaths, for proposing the entirely reasonable hypothesis that the distant stars possessed planets orbiting around them, a hypothesis that has since been established to be correct via observation with space based telescopes.

Wrong. See above.

Mythology fanboys have also used “blasphemy” to try and destroy scientific inquiry. See above.

Again, see above.

Ahem, pointing out the manifest absurdities and iniquities endemic to mythology fanboyism, IS logical and reasonable. Except that again, the mythology fanboys have a habit of breaking out the “blasphemy” mantra whenever such critique is offered.

Even when we do, the mythology fanboys resort to mischief such as fatuous accusations of “blasphemy”. Quite simply, my response to this is “fuck that”.

2 Likes

I’m going with.,.,… an unprincipled person (often used humorously or affectionately).
“he had to present himself as more of a lovable reprobate than a spirit of corruption”
Similar:
rogue
rascal
scoundrel

Heeeeey! Wait a minute! Those don’t sound anything at all like a doo-doo head. Those actually sound almost kinda sorta cool. DAMMIT! Skrit LIED to me! Reportate… rapperbat… reporitoria-… Oh, whatever the hell that word was! It don’t mean doo-doo head! Skrit tricked me into calling Cog something NICE! Skrit is a doo-doo head. :triumph:

Da doo doo doo Da da da da

Archaic “a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation”. This is probably more accurate don’t you think?

Hey, man, no need to get The Police involved, okay? That’s all I want to say to you.

1 Like

Excellent. I fully agree. That’s the most articulate post you have made since you joined the site. Good for you!