Brainwashing at its Finest

Uh…sorry to break the news in such a cold and harsh manner, but veganism IS a religion…

Well, this part is at least arguably and marginally true… :upside_down_face:

Edit to go eat more bacon

2 Likes

But…but, you said it was all just in my head? You….you mean……I’M NOT SPECIAL?!

I thought we had dismissed veganism as the cause? Isn’t that what most religions do? Forget the origins and bastardize it to your own means. I just unlocked it through becoming vegan, I now no longer need veganism. Since I can psychosomatically change my blood work on demand, you said so yourself. It’s all in my mind :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No, broccoli breath, what I said was:

Which is entirely, completely, totally, absolutely, definitively, and sarcastically somewhat, but not necessarily…different.
Sadly, I must inform you of the frank and brutal reality of the difference between correlation and causality. Simply because you approached your rabbit diet with the exuberance and enthusiasm of a teenager in the throes of their very first sexual encounter, does not in any way demonstrate a useable or even identifiable relationship to the arguable success of said fibrous feast. Since you have declined, or perhaps refused, to provide any information, documentation, diatribe, etc.,concerning your previous eating habits or diet, one can only assume that the likelihood is that your prior conspicuous consumption of reprehensible edibles provided an opportunity where even a minor modification would result in noticeable results…I have no bone to pick with anyone willing to “flesh out” the dietary issues necessary to achieve good health, even if they are somewhat “ham fisted” in their approach.

Edit: deer jerky

1 Like

Eww, even as a vegan broccoli sucks.

Nope, no documentation at all. Wasn’t something I expected to stick with. My wife, then girlfriend, at the time was vegan. I was actually quite adverse to the concept, thought the food will taste like shit, I’ll miss going out to eat anywhere I want, the ever present stupid question of “where will I get my protein?” etc. If I could do it again, I would most certainly better document the transition.

As for “minor modification” you are possibly right. I still could modify my current diet further to test out what best works for me. Call it ham fisted if you will, but if you would rather take the time to single out each food item and painstakingly eliminate and reintroduce each item to test your hypothesis, that’s your prerogative. As I said before, CONSIDER your diet. I don’t give a rats as what others choose to eat. But if you have a condition like type 2 diabetes and a simple diet change can save ALL OF US thousands of dollars on prescription drugs and doctors appointments, I think people should at least consider looking into their diet.

I personally had no time or money for such lengthy research, to pay for multiple screenings and tests results. I’m not a scientist, really did not see this as where I would end up, but here we are.

If someone wants to prove me wrong by all means show me the data. I’m not stupid enough to think I have all the answers.

I was going to continue this, but just found out a whole bunch of people got laid off literally on 12 hours notice from my job. Fuck everything, sorry I might not be on for a while……

1 Like

My problem was I consumed harmful food and drink to excess. I have a sweet tooth, ate too much chocolate and drank Coke like water.

2 Likes

Absolute bummer. I wish you good luck.

Been there, done that, not a good day.

1 Like

Also sorry to hear about the layoff, assuming you were a lay-ee.

Hoping the labor-short job market might work to your advantage.

1 Like

Fortunately no, my skill set ensures I’m going no where. Unfortunately many good friends and coworkers of mine just got absolutely fucked. So now I’m handing out references and knocking down doors to help people get in other places. Because I’m an immoral, unfeeling, heartless atheist. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

lol I once drank a 24 pack of coke in one night. That same night, I vomited it all up and haven’t drank Coke since.

I once worked on ground maintenance, permanent. But each summer they hired a lot of college students for such tasks as grass cutting. Everyone knew the lay-off date for those students, and since I befriended so many wonderful people, I could not be there on that last day, I always took that day off.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry to hear about the employment thing… I agree with you, just having a bit of fun with you.
My wife has type 2 also. she has controlled it without medication by altering her diet as well. Unfortunately, she has interstitial lung disease and that has altered both of our lives. I have health issues that benefit from her dietary changes as well as musculoskeletal and other conditions. I guess this is what is referred to as the “golden years”. Since this is not a health forum, I have no desire to belabor it with elaborating on my condition.
I am glad for your success with the diet, but it is my nature to give you shit anyway…

Edit for crow

1 Like

Thank you all for the support. I ended up just abruptly taking time off. Explained to my manager that I am thoroughly angry with how the company handled this situation. It’s just absolute shit that a board of directors acts that cold to employees. No severance, no assistance, just a notice at the end of the day, you’re employment is terminated on a fucking Tuesday.

Just the cowardice, to not face the people who’s lives you just turned upside down. Fuck it just makes my vegetable based blood boil! Greed, lies, and cowardice run the fucking world. Then they come out and tell us all they had absolutely no choice, a group of multi multi millionaires just couldn’t find the money to keep these employees who literally make peanuts. Profits over people.

Sorry for the rant.

5 Likes

Most companies start with a person with a good idea, and they invest their heart and soul into the enterprise. The company has purpose, it is motivated, it grows. But decades later the ones who run the company are now accountants and lawyers, and their sole motivation is the bottom line and the employees that make it happen are now expendable credits.

Yea, it’s more than just painful to witness friends and co-workers get the shaft.

3 Likes

The suits (the rich people) are usually assholes to everyone, including to their own families. I can think of only two rich people I’ve met my entire life who have somehow managed to keep their humanity and compassion intact despite the loads of money they have. One is my best friend and the other was a regular customer at the gas station where I was working back then.

2 Likes

It blows, I have been through this a few times now. I am always the cockroach that some how escapes the fly swatter though. The last three years have been nuts, but I have been excelling the entire time while watching most everyone else get their lives ruined. I lay awake some nights feeling guilty and wondering if layoffs will get me next. It’s just been a toxic horrendous mix of emotion, happy I’m doing well, but feeling anxiety and anger at just about everything else.

2 Likes

I hear you im trying to join a atheist church. I live in plantation Florida know any down here?

Atheists don’t have any churches, we just don’t believe in any god/gods.

1 Like

Actually, Atheists do have churches. It’s a social thing for people that really need a sense of belonging or community. What happens at an atheist church? - BBC News

Matt

mr.macabre13

6h

I hear you im trying to join a atheist church. I live in plantation Florida know any down here?

My suggestion is to not limit yourself. Atheist organizations can be found using many other titles, such as “Free Thinkers, Free Thought, Humanist, Secular Student Alliance, Secular Groups, and more.” A good place to check is American Atheists, as many organizations across America are members. Do a search for “Secular Organizations” in your area.

3 Likes

Hi, Matt. If you don’t find any secular organizations in your area or to your liking, start one!