Atheists in the building, lets deal with this

I will have to add another rule when I read any posts in here.

The first is never to have any liquid in my mouth, because uncontrollable laughter can result in it being sprayed out my nostrils. I had to get a new keyboard, it began to stink like curdled cheese.

The new and second rule will be to place a towel or something on my chair so I don’t soil it when I too, PMLMAO.

The life of an atheist in this forum. Place towel on seat, make sure no liquids are in reach. Have a spare towel ready. Make sure no one will be in the washroom during any forum sessions, a shower may be required.

Dirty work, but someone has to do it. :rofl:

1 Like

As long as we know gravity remains a theory, the terms “up” and “down” will remain purely subjective.

No shame in learning so if you’ve got something to teach me, do graciously. But first, verify it. Only for your sake, I googled it, so you wouldn’t be so rash in your ignorance next time. Here.

Look at the definitions above and take a wild guess what I mean when I say evolution is a just a theory, supposition, proposition, which is why it is continually modified with findings.
It seems certain you’re not trained in the scientific method SM, though obviously learned, evidenced in verbosity and loquacity. Might make a good journalist too, wonder your field?
Not that you’re uninformed about the SM but seem yet to apply it to produce standard scientific material else you would understand the justified arguments against the evo rhetoric.
To help you, a theory looks at findings, you wrongly term proof, proposing reasonable explanations, under established principles. However, this is usually subjective and open to modification and critiquing, as there could still be several unknowns, grey areas and more circumspect perspectives. A law, on the other hand, is not open to modification, nor subjected to perspective as it is constant logically deduced by experimentation. Just google all, not some, differences between a theory and a law and quit your huff and puff of more guff. Your 12" will do you no good on this dancefloor, especially not with your draping ball-gown.

When I said you’ve thrown out a mind of your own, understand I really meant no insult but that you let others do your thinking, swallowing unfiltered info. It’s also true of most but on the path to freedom, you need to subject all information to independent scrutiny using logic. I’m certain you’re bright enough for such task, hence my suggestion. If you only try this, you’d see why Darwinian evo doesn’t get “fact” status by “consensus” but until objectively proven.

Is that what religions do?

1 Like

Does it make you feel better with cussing? Very well then. I’m no more guilty than the book I quoted. At least I only called a line of thought what it is and that remains what it is.

The undergirding proof of reality is consciousness from which logic is developed. Learn again, logic projects from intrinsically established realities/axioms to deduced realities based on established laws. There is a self-established reality to develop logic from and not deduced by logic. This is why faith, like matter, cannot be logically determined. It is a self-subsistent reality. A little baby knows mama is real because it’s aware of her not because of systematic deductions. We similarly know the universe is real.
Are there laws to be developed from the materiality of faith? Like in the universe, yes, but these must be patiently learnt and is why the man of faith has many unknowns in that school and even his knowledge is not impeccable. But faith is a self-subsistent substrate to be freely contacted by any who wishes.
So the substantiality of faith, like our universe, is in consciousness not in logic. The question must be ‘how to contact’. It is not about believing bogus claims but about contacting a tangible substrate. If one weren’t and is busy convincing himself of anything, he is still faithless.

Until you back your claim and that of god being perfection (previous quote) you are full of hot air waving around your “man words” :open_book: blustering about god.

YOU can’t even address the fucking 10 Commandments!

Bullshit! Bullshit! BULLSHIT!!! You cannot back this claim at all! Aside from the telling of the stories of OBE and NDE from MEMORY - where is the evidence? A person claiming alien abduction also uses their MEMORY of the event - does not provide demonstrable proof that the EVENT HAPPENED as it is “remembered and experienced through the person”.

Jesus fuck!

Its painfully simple.

Laws tell us what happens.
Theories explain how and why something happens.

Links eh? I have some too.

One of your links, Dictionary .com, also has this definition: scientific theory

“noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.”

which is only what we’ve been telling you forever.

And from Live Science,
What is a law in science?

“Generally scientific law is the description of an observed phenomenon. It doesn’t explain why the phenomenon exists or what causes it. The explanation of a phenomenon is called a scientific theory. It is a misconception that theories turn into laws with enough research.”

And two explanations from the “Understanding Science” site at Berkeley University

Under the section “Vocabulary mix ups.”

“Law: In everyday language, a law is a rule that must be abided or something that can be relied upon to occur in a particular situation. Scientific laws, on the other hand, are less rigid. They may have exceptions, and, like other scientific knowledge, may be modified or rejected based on new evidence and perspectives. In science, the term law usually refers to a generalization about data and is a compact way of describing what we’d expect to happen in a particular situation.”

And just above that entry the heading of “Misunderstandings of the limits of science” comes the following:

"MISCONCEPTION: Science contradicts the existence of God.

CORRECTION: Because of some vocal individuals (both inside and outside of science) stridently declaring their beliefs, it’s easy to get the impression that science and religion are at war. In fact, people of many different faiths and levels of scientific expertise see no contradiction at all between science and religion. Because science deals only with natural phenomena and explanations, it cannot support or contradict the existence of supernatural entities — like God."

Which is what we have also been telling you forever.

2 Likes

It is not about what makes me feel better. If you knew me better, I prefer to engage in polite discourse. In fact, even befriending a theist so we can have a healthy exchange of opinions where we learn from each other.

But you immediately set the tone, being toxic, combative, and antagonistic. My response was proportional to your post.

You are an asshole, I will treat you as such.

3 Likes

AHEMMMM… Evolution happens and that IS ‘FACT.’
Many scientists and philosophers of science have described evolution as fact and theory , a phrase which was used as the title of an article by paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould in 1981. He describes fact in science as meaning data, not absolute certainty but “confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent”. A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of such facts. The facts of evolution come from observational evidence of current processes, from imperfections in organisms recording historical common descent, and from transitions in the fossil record. Theories of evolution provide a provisional explanation for these facts.[1]

Aw bless, try googling the correct words next time, as we were talking about a scientific theory, and the dumbest creatard canard of all, that you used above, evolution is just a theory. It’s no more just a theory, than a car race is a species in the sense the human race is. Moronic creatard rhetoric of the most risible kind.

Get a literate sane adult to help you. Maybe one of the nurses after she’s done cutting your fruit into your bowl for you?

Look at the definitions above and take a wild guess what I mean when I say evolution is a just a theory

No need to guess, we’ve all seen enough creatards make this howler. Nothing you’ve posted suggests any interest in honest rational debate, your arrogant pompous hubris in favour of your unevidenced ignorant superstitious fantasies are to be pitied and laughed at.

From now on I shall act accordingly. If you were capable of integrity or adult politeness maybe I’d torture myself reading the asinine drivel you post, but since you’re being a trolling prick, why would I bother exactly?

You came to us to peddle your fantasies sunshine, try and grasp that.

2 Likes

@Sorrentino

You’re as “knowledgeable” in science :joy: as you are with the bible :joy:

1 Like

Obviously, you folks are not trained in the Scientific Method. Laws are putting in words objective facts, hence remain objective. Theories are an attempt to explain the whys and can be offered in multiple plausible ways. This is why laws are immutable commensurate to their facts but theories are not but only subjective.
Again do a thorough study on both and may be try at least one scientific experiment involving both to truly comprehend else you’ll keep missing the point.

I also like how you’ve found a way to rubbish the thread. It’s all good, I’m tired of your circles too. At least you’ve learnt a few things including the false security of evolutionism. Go back and search for answers y’all

As for you my dear, please don’t get your knickers in a twist. When the time is right, we’ll properly address the 10 commandments. For now, it’s not my concern

Well I hate to say I told you so, but there it is folks, he’s now produced the two dumbest creatard canards there are.

You have to fucking laugh. How can people be this ignorant of basic scientific methodology and phrases, the mind boggles at such stupidity.

I also like how you’ve found a way to rubbish the thread. It’s all good, I’m tired of your circles too. At least you’ve learnt a few things including the false security of evolutionism. Go back and search for answers y’all

Did posting that trolling drivel make you feel good? Evolution remains an accepted scientific fact. If you had even a cursory grasp of the scientific methods and processes you’d have some inkling of how embarrassing your creationist rhetoric is, but like all the other creatards I’ve encountered you’re utterly closed minded.

Lol … control freak! Just like your “god”. You’re the one who brought it up, way at the top … and you’ve been “distracting” every since.

Because you’re an ignorant trolling fuckwit. You really are a condescending prick as well.

1 Like

Nah… he’s just picking a fight with his toy plastic army knife after watching a video game…

2 Likes

Aww fuck, brace for impact.

But then again, he is just trolling for a response.

Absofuckinglutely.

But dumb…

@Sorrentino OR other theists…

Moving on to god’s promises (lol - good as the invisible cheque they’re written on)…

So Moses dies (god was mad at him…I mean mad) and Joshua is to take over
( https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua%201&version=NIV&interface=amp )

First off - the nation can kill and steal (no law against that being carried around in the Ark) and god has given them laws already to own people as property and rape and the lowly position of women and daughters, etc etc…

They are good to go!

Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.

AND chapter 3

Joshua said to the Israelites, “Come here and listen to the words of the Lord your God. 10 This is how you will know that the living God is among you and that he will certainly drive out before you the Canaanites, Hittites, Hivites, Perizzites, Girgashites, Amorites and Jebusites. 11 See, the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth will go into the Jordan ahead of you.

AND DEUTERONOMY, 1st Chapter … god is making sure everyone knows… ( https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy%201&version=NIV )

8 See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them.”

BUT Jehovah loves “credit” (ask Moses) so god makes it CLEAR in Chapter 9:3-6 (same Deut.)

“… It is not because of your righteousness or your integrity that you are going in to take possession of their land; but on account of the wickedness of these nations, the Lord your God will drive them out before you, to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 6 Understand, then, that it is not because of your righteousness that the Lord your God is giving you this good land to possess, for you are a stiff-necked people.”

After all, the Law was there to keep reminding them that they were “sinners”. God knew “his” people…

So out they go…killing, baby bashing, stealing,
burning, etc…

Back to Joshua 10:20-23

…For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy,

So Joshua took the entire land, just as the Lord had directed Moses, and he gave it as an inheritance to Israel according to their tribal divisions. Then the land had rest from war.

Whew…it’s over PROMISE KEPT - PROPHECY FULFILLED… bbbuuttt, whaaaa’s this???

NOPE. Joshua is old, retiring and …

Chapter 13
When Joshua had grown old, the Lord said to him, “You are now very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over.
2 “This is the land that remains: all the regions of the Philistines and Geshurites, 3 from the Shihor River on the east of Egypt to the territory of Ekron on the north, all of it counted as Canaanite though held by the five Philistine rulers in Gaza, Ashdod, Ashkelon, Gath and Ekron; the territory of the Avvites 4 on the south; all the land of the Canaanites, from Arah of the Sidonians as far as Aphek and the border of the Amorites; 5 the area of Byblos; and all Lebanon to the east, from Baal Gad below Mount Hermon to Lebo Hamath.

OH NO!!! Back to war boys - uh, duh…I forgot some areas …

:astonished: ohhhh and some more…

Joshua 15:63 says, “As for the Jebusites , the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out ; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem to this day.”

Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. They weren’t all gone! Can’t cash an invisible cheque written by an invisible sky daddy…