Atheist Study (Survey)

I love the bravado. Maybe you should take up religion and be like them. Then maybe I’d enjoy your sanctimonious high and mighty attitude all the more. Since you defend them so much.

Rejecting hate and pointing out bigotry is “sanctimonious”??? Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I do :thinking: have a mighty attitude.

Really? I don’t usually watch Zombie films, they give me nightmares. Oh Z nation, but that’s a comedy [isn’t it ?]

I thought Zombies were like Wights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VetyHT-rZx0

Not at all, our little friend is a bit of a muppet.

My irony meter also just broke.

1 Like

I got to say that I have a twinge of; “Get up out of my seat, cross the room, toss hot coffee into their faces, tip over their fucking table, and read their own fucking bible to them.”

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. [11:20-24]

** Cities that neither “receive” the disciples nor “hear” their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. [Gen 19:24] [Mark 6:11]

** Families will be torn apart because of Jesus, “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” [10:21]

** Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” [10:34-36]

** He that is not with me is against me." [12:30]

** Atheists have dark and foolish hearts. [Romans 1:21]

** Homosexuals and their supporters are are worthy of death. [Romans1:31-32]

***Shun those who disagree with your religious views. [Romans16:17]

** 1. Christians can judge everything and everybody, but no non-Christian can judge them. [1 Cor. 2:15]

** 1. Gentiles sacrifice to devils. If you have gentile friends, then you are friends with devils. [1 Cor. 10:20]

** Keep away from unbelievers. Neither marry nor be friends with them. [2 Cor.6:14-17]

** Christians cannot be freethinkers, since all their thoughts and imaginings must be brought into captivity in obedience to Christ. [2 Cor. 10:5]

**Every skeptic and nonbeliever has “an evil heart of unbelief.” [Hebrews 3:12]

**Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. [2 John 5:19]

** Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. [2 John10]

“If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife 13.of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. [Deuteronomy 13]

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Heb. 13:8)

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24;35)

But then sanity grips me and I realize that they have no idea at all of the hate, bigotry, injustice, intolerance, and ignorance contained within their holy book and perpetuated by their dumbass religion. They have never read their “holy text” and have no idea at all of its contents. I take a sip of coffee and shake my head in wonderment as to how people in the 21st Century, with computers at their finger tips, and a world of knowledge waiting to be explored, can sink down into such ignorance and still manage to function in daily life.

I’m reminded of a joke I heard in elementary school. “You are so ugly, your mother has to tie a pork chop around your neck so the dog will play with you.”

You are so religious, you have to wear a crucifix around your neck so the other Christians know who they can safely talk to.

2 Likes

[Note: I just found this, and it’s from some time ago, so keep that in mind. I just decided to post it.]

Perhaps “evidence” is a better term.

Some evidence is evolution.

That also works. However, I like to also be able to disprove something at the same time. While it was not necessary, it still adds onto the level that the other must prove. (Sorry if it’s worded confusedly.)

Questions 5 and 6 were about discrimination. I took a look.

If God is real, then it would probably come from the Bible. It makes the most sense, and it would be the most consistent (especially since it has outlived others). While the Bible is often contradictory (it WAS written in many different cultures with many different needs), it still has the best possible explanation for it. At least stories/myth provide better explanations than personal, different beliefs.

That is also another reason why I am not an agnostic - I found a focused point, and used certain evidence (i.e. evolution) to disprove it.

Otherwise, there is nothing to disprove, because there is nothing that is defined.

“Dweeb.” XD

I already know that atheists can believe in demons or whatever - if I remember correctly, a YouGov survey from a couple years back found that about 10% of male atheists and a little over 20% of female atheists believe in demons (or was it ghosts?). I do not know why it’s such a big gender difference, but still.

However, spiritual but not religious can also believe in a god or gods, as well as the fact that they tend to embrace many aspects of religion that atheists do not - so while there is a chance that they are atheist, there is a chance that they are not. That was all I was saying.

Yes, some people (such as a friend in the UK) pointed this out to me. Which I find to be quite interesting.

You’re not going to put a defintion for that? You did for everything else.

Not me, then.

Yes, there is that.

Yes, which I call religious atheists. (I do not know of any official name.)

Hm, interesting.

Yes.

My sister is one of those. Even I don’t know what she actually is - sometimes it seems like atheist, other times religious.

Sorry I just responded now. I worded it that way for simplification of categorization. It’s not meant to mean that atheism is actually a religion. Apologies for the confusion. I shall keep that in mind next time I make a study like this.

I’ve never heard that argument. I’ve only heard them argue that God put it here, and it did not evolve. “If evolution is real, then why can’t pigs fly?”

Also, I should clarify that what I mean by evolution is that we started from nothing, tiny little bacteria-like things (forgot name) came by, and then evolved to be able to see light so they didn’t burn up (this is what I’ve heard from a science documentary several years ago, so not sure if this is 100% what they said), and then we came across animals/plants in the sea, which evolved to either stay in the sea or to go on land or be plants or something, and then mammals came from reptiles, and so on and so forth. Perhaps that would suit better for proof.

I think @Cognostic is referencing to the “God of Gaps” debate where Christians try to hamfist their deity in with science, hence why they call it Christian Science.

Ah. Isn’t Scientology also that?

No. That’s entirely different. That would be Xenu. Tom Cruise’s deity.

I had no idea what Scientology was actually about, I was just basing it off of the name. It sounds like an absolutely loony cult.

They are. Here’s his video preaching about it.

That hurt my brain on so many levels that I almost typed my entire sentence wrong (but luckily fixed it).

Also, off topic, but at least during the filming, Tom Cruise was hot. I know, really off-topic! Too bad he’s a crazy-sounding person in a loopy cult.

Well, on the plus side he’s not a Christian and you know how crazy a lot of them sound when they start proselytizing.

Yes they are. At least a gay Christian friend of mine is super nice and is against religious cults (such as Scientology or Mormonism) and is pretty fine with me being atheist.

But he’s still in a crazy cult. Which is sad. Cause I would totally do him otherwise. (Sorry lol)

1 Like

Or would it be him doing me? I’m a bottom lol. @MrDawn

1 Like

No theory of evolution asserts that life “Started” from anything. You are confusing evolution with abiogenisis, pansperfmia, the electric spark hypothesis, the clay hypothesis, the volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean hypothesis, the RNA world hypothesis, or some other 'Origin of Life" Hypothesis and NOT EVOLUTION.

Your problem is that you don’t even know what evolution is.

1 Like

That’s not evolution, the scientific theory of evolution makes no assertions about the origins of life.