Ashamed to label myself an Atheist

I do not know the precise temperature of the exact center of our sun.

Do you? If you can not provide a number and proof, then you are an agnostic.

There is a long tradition of Popes insisting science and reason not examine their unevidenced superstition.

Sorry, I wrote a post in a very bad way.
What I meant, since we were talking about Latin languages, is that the English language derives in part also from Latin, as well as from Saxon. Knowing the Latin languages ​​can help you understand the etymology of many English words. We Latins can say the same for the Greek, which has had a profound influence on our words.

The language of your ancestors is a language that has the dignity of all the others, and you do well to be interested in it. I’m just saying that Hindi, Arabic, or Parsi have nothing in common with the English language.
I absolutely didn’t mean to offend you, and if I did, I still apologize.

1 Like

Nothing has changed, it’s always the same. When the popes and the church talk about science, they do so with the aim of making themselves interesting to a wider audience. Marketing, the Catholic Church is very experienced in this.

I have no idea at all what the price of tea is in China but I imagine I can buy a cup if I happen to be holding the proper currency.

I have a growth on my first toe in from my little toe on my right foot. It has been there for three years now. I spent a year trying to have it removed. It was first diagnosed as a cyst because it had a soft center. Then it was diagnosed as a wart. Later it was diagnosed as a … I forgot… some other kind of growth. I went to 5 different doctors. One of them cut. One of them did the cryo treatments, One gave me oral medication and recommended salicylic acid. One admitted he had no idea and that it could be anything. The woman that tried to file it off with a razor blade was surprised that it caused me so much pain. ASSHOLE! I stopped going to the fucking doctors and named the fucking thing FRED.

Fred just sits there on my right foot and every month or so I have to remove a large callous like formation of skin from off the top of his head. I know it is time to remove his hat, when he begins bitching and and being a pain. Besides the occasional bitch session, I leave Fred alone and he doesn’t bother me. I have surrendered the property once known as “My right toe.” to Fred. It is now his domain and as long as he does not try to expand his territory I am content to allow him this small plot of human flesh. I don’t actually use it for much of anything and Fred does help to remind me to keep it clean.

Anyway. Back to the topic. So, not only am I Agnostic about Fred. Well, I mean… I know Fred exists but I don’t know what he is. Neither do 5 doctors. Oh… I forgot… The first doctor was going to laser him off, but once he took a look at him, decided not to. I don’t know why, (Like the lady that swallowed a fly), I never found out.

So everyone is Agnostic about Fred, and I still wish he would die.

3 Likes

I accept that my ideas are not liked. But I’ve never insulted anyone.

May I quote the forum’s guideline?

No, it appeared as though you yourself were feeling insulted. You are to expect disagreement to what you say.

Grow some fucking balls. You pop onto the site quoting one prominent atheist after another as if it actually matters to anyone on the site. Then drawing the WRONG conclusions from the items you quote, you proceed to make one inane assertion after another. You are acting like a DWEEB. You are not getting support because you are WRONG… “Stop your whining and get over it.”

He misquotes atheists, as if they support a belief in God, like he did with the late theoretical physicist Stephen Hawkins. And they accuse us of taking things out of context!

As being a normal part of discourse on this forum. It is nothing new here, or on any atheist forum.

I really think your example is inappropriate.
I would agree if the point of your reasoning was whether the sun is hot or cold. But knowing how hot the sun is has nothing to do with whether the sun exists or not. My reasoning is not about whether God, the Creator, the Supreme Lord, The Almighty, or whatever you want to call him would be tall or short, white or black, man or woman. My thoughts are that whatever divinity you are talking about, whether it is the God of Christians, Muslims or Jews, or whether you are talking about the multitude of gods that the ancient Greeks believed inhabited on Mount Olympus, this type of solution can only be explained with the persistence of the superstitions of civilizations which, however civilized they may have been defined, as in the case of the Athenian civilization, remained in any case at a primitive state of knowledge of the evolution of the universe.

Oh for fuck’s sake.

Quote away…it’s about time I learned those fucking shit rules.

One of them is a “tidy” rule. Keep it tidy… hahahahaha

Edited to add: to be clear “character” calls are allowed. Unlike hate speech. A person may be complimented (which they accept, no problem) BUT an unfavourable character call (Hahahaha - if it describes them they accept it and cry and whine).

HATE speech attacking race, sexual orientation, culture, gender etc. - no tolerance.

People are people. Some are dweebs. If you’re a dweeb, and you like it, what’s the problem? Hahahaha :laughing:. I’ve been called an angry bitch. Lol. I’m not angry :rage:

@Cognostic How good are you at reading these type of ramblings? I am getting too old for this.

I’m inclined to disagree, surely a metric for measuring data and characteristics are an essential step in validating the existence of anything?

That sounds like a subjectively relative state, wouldn’t you say?

Not at all. It was to hammer home the point that we don’t know everything. You don’t know everything, I don’t know everything, no one knows everything.

I agree, in fact I think most atheists here would acknowledge that we can’t even quantify how much we don’t know.

2 Likes

Each generation proclaims it is the peak of technology, only to have their egos deflalted when new technology makes it’s inevitable advances. How much have we discovered about medicine? How much remains to be discovered?

2 Likes

I suggest you research your posts.

As it turns out, Hindi and English have the same root language, going back about 6,500 years

"Linguists have traced the roots of English, Hindi, Greek and all Indo-European languages to a common ancestor tongue first spoken on the Russian steppes as much as 6,500 years ago.

New research from the University of California-Berkeley emerged after linguists analyzed reconstructed vocabulary, including words such as “I am,” “bear,” and “wood” from more than 150 living and dead languages, as well as archaeological data."

Linguists link English, Hindi to single ancestor language spoken 6,500 years ago | PBS NewsHour.

If you’re interested, perhaps have a look at the links between English and Sanskrit, they are closely related…

Seriously??? *(tone of sarcastic disbelief) Are you on the spectrum? “inappropriate?” And then you take the time to rebut and then explain your rebuttal of this this totally innocuous attempt at humor. You are autistic aren’t you? That would make total sense.

Brilliant. :rofl: (just typing to get to 20 characters)