Around A Year And A Half Ago I Realized There's Probably No God

Took me then around a year to find this forum, or the old one that is, before upgrading to what this thing is now. In any-case took me until 48and a half or so until I finally realized just how much evidence there actually was for any god or deity.

I went in search of strengthening my faith to Jesus and God then found atheism instead, as I found only Christian and other religious websites carried any so called proof.

What I did not find was more evidence to strengthen my faith, quite the opposite actually finding that there’s actually no evidence that any god or deity exists. I found no actual evidence to even backup Jesus as ever living on earth in any form.

Ultimately I actually made some peace with that as if there’s no god or deity there’s also no hell to worry about either.

I am glad I found this site, and many here helped me learn some new things much needed.

Thank You.

PS, yes I welcome comments. This is a discussion forum.

2 Likes

Just keep at it Fievel. Question everything, do not accept any statement casually, but skeptically.

1 Like

Being skeptical is what lead me into atheism. Going in search of evidence coming up empty handed is what made me the atheist I am today.

Close to 48 years from birth to then I thought there was a god and an afterlife you went to if one behaved. The more I looked for evidence the more I found none of it. The only proof I ever found was on religious websites. That wasn’t good enough for me, so I just figured a god doesn’t exist. The first person I admitted this to was my cousin and she agreed with me, there’s no god.

Thanks For The Reply @David_Killens

Fievel. :wink:

Well welcome aboard. I have to say scepticism tends to spell the death of religious dogma, since scepticism and faith are logical negations of each other.

1 Like

True true true.

I just wish I could get back some of those years I wasted on Christianity.

2 Likes

Perhaps this will help, it is very old…

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”

― Omar Khayyám

I have a printed copy above my desk in work, and have committed it to memory.

1 Like

That’s deep. So this guy doesn’t proofread or edit what he writes. Won’t read his sloppy crap. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yes, it has been considered profound for centuries. Your overall ignorance is impressive in it’s own way, as is your ability to pull down your own pants and give yourself a spanking in front of everyone, and all while having no idea you just embarrassed yourself. Bearing in mind you have persistently used the possessive pronoun your, in the mistaken idea it represents an abbreviation of you are, I think you alone are missing the hilarity here.

I shouldn’t really bother, as you’re a hopeless case, but try Googling Omar Khayyám.

Oh fuck it, I’m feeling generous…

Omar Khayyám was a Persian mathematician, astronomer, philosopher, and poet, born in Nishabur, in northeastern Iran, in the 11th century.

3 Likes

Sorry, sleep deprived.:sleeping:

Nope. Always thought that hell was a mean concept to teach, especially to children. Welcome.

Not as mean as racism, since hell is not real.

1 Like

Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race -

“a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits”. Yup, I believe that.

“and capabilities”. Depends. Mostly untrue.

“and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race’”. Nope. Don’t believe that.

Is that racist?

BTW; you spelled “mean” wrong. Thought I’d mention since we are doing grammar corrections.:rofl:

Why are you telling me you’re racist, when I have been telling you this from almost your very first post?

Yes

Really, you don’t know the difference between a spelling error and a typo?

1 Like

So if I meet someone who has never seen an irishman and they ask me to describe him if I say he’s got a really big red nose, that’s racist?

I may have been somewhat racist since I was like 5 years old or so.

You made a spelling error-if you claim it was a typo then you’re admitting your keyboard skills suck.

Xenophobic, and of course moronic bigotry that reinforces a negative stereotype.

Sadly your intellectual capacity seems to have stagnated at that age as well.

Sadly that just proves my last point. If you think I can’t spell mean, and want to crow over it, then crack on. However since you clearly don’t know that your is a possessive pronoun, and not an abbreviation of you are, which you get wrong each and every time until now, that’s obviously an hilarious own goal only you will be unaware of. Just like your spelling Irishman with a lowercase i, and failing to put a comma after it, and before the word and, or a full stop after the word him, and starting a new sentence. Your grammar and spelling is remedial at best. So the hilarity of you fixating on a single typo is palpably obvious.

1 Like

I don’t really want to say this but I am getting the impression that you are more of a theist than an atheist.

I apologize if you are not a theist but you just don’t sound to me much like a real atheist.

2 Likes

me too I am so glad that I find people like me, whom I don’t need to explain why I am not believer… it makes my life so easier …

1 Like

I prefer the following stanza of that poem “The Rubaiyat” and understand why theists don’t.

“And that inverted Bowl they call the Sky,
Whereunder crawling cooped we live and die,
Lift not your hands to It for help–for It
As impotently moves as you or I.”

It was for lines like this Omar has been considered a closet atheist or agnostic.

“Myself when young did eagerly frequent
Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument
About it and about: but evermore
Came out by the same Door as in I went.”

And this from the same poem as the other examples, suggests that Omar might have had a lusty fondness for the company of agreeable women and the practice of imbibing alcohol and eating…hardly your pious muslim.

“A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread–and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness–
Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!”

And any complaints about copy should be directed to Edward FitzGerald who translated Khayyam’s works from the Farsi to English, unfortunately Mr FitzGerald died in 1883 but greater literary minds and run of the mill poetry lovers have declared his work a superlative translation which has never been out of print.

1 Like