Are you a lifer?

So that’s all nothing but bs?

Well, I guess you really showd me. I’ll have to come up with a better story.

No, I mean is that really all made up? Or were you joking when you said that?

100% on the mark. Born again Jesus People for about 3 or 4 years. Fond memories of going to the Kansas State Fair with a bible under my arm on my first witnessing mission. I belonged to a small band of Christians in Pratt Kansas, Assembly of God Church, who toured around the cities in the area witnessing, preaching, and spreading the word of God. “Praise the Lord.” “Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Put your hands together brothers and sisters!” You haven’t seen my alter ego around here yet. Ask Tin about it. LOL

WHAT? That’s INCREDIBLE! But you’re an atheist now, right??? So what happened to “convert” you??/

Just like I said. I went to every Church in town. The more you know, the less likely you are to believe. Education is the bane of religion.

2 Likes

That’s right, Andy. Cog has gotten behind the pulpit here a couple of times in the past, and I’ll be damned if he didn’t almost have me throwing myself at the altar on bent knees begging the Good Lord for forgiveness. Of course, it took me a moment to realize he wasn’t being serious, so then I had to play along as though it didn’t affect me at all. You know, like, “Ha-ha… Uh, good one, Cog. Yeah, man. Too funny. Ha-ha… You, uh, you almost had me going there for a moment. Ha-ha…”

1 Like

Oh-good-fucking-GOD! Here we go again calling Cog incredible… or brilliant… or intelligent. Ugh! When are people around here gonna learn DO NOT DO THAT? Geeez… It ain’t that incredible, Andy. Ever hear of Matt Dillahunty? Read his story?

I didn’t convert right away. I went through Buddhism, mysticism and a bunch of other shit… Teachings of G. I. Gurigiff, J. Krishnimurti, Taoism, Satanism, (Anton Lavey), Carlos Castaneda and others. Atheism came out of a long line of …discovery.

1 Like

Wow. So now i’m confused as to what to make of Cog. If he’s an atheist, why does he seem to be a protagonist?

Because you are WRONG. You are WRONG about the pagan origins of sun worship, wrong about the celebration of the Solstice, wrong about 'Freedom of Speech." WRONG! Your posts are narrow minded and bigoted.

1 Like

Hmm. If there is anything I think I know about, it is the origin of the winter solstice and sun-gods.
It’s my beddy-bye time, so I hope we can see where we both differ on that issue. The good news is that it’s all historic and can be researched. So there’s nothing “philosophical” about it, really.

I look forward to exchanging views! We nay both learn something.

Nothing confusing about Cog. That mushy banana brain of his is not that complicated. If you actually pay attention to what he is saying and why he is saying it, then you will start to understand. About four and a half years ago I joined this site and started my very first thread to introduce myself. Scared shitless at being here and associating with… ATHEISTS!!! :scream::scream::scream: And Cog’s very first post to me was him chewing my ass out over a lame joke I made about “converting to atheism”. Naturally, I thought to myself, “Damn, what an asshole. Who the fuck does he think he is?” Over time, though, I got to know him a bit better. Now I can’t keep his mangy flea-bitten rolling-pin-up-the-ass carcass away from me. He’s so damn clingy sometimes. But he has shown me a few of nice tricks here and there, so I let it slide. (Not exactly sure where he finds all those tricks, but who cares? Extra money is extra money, right?)

1 Like

I’ve cited all the sources. You are arguing against FACTS. You are engaged in a Historical Fallacy. Whatever goody goody Solstice you are discussing is absent the blood sacrafices of the Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, Persians, and who ever else I mentioned previously.

40 years of psychological practice.

Shhhhhhhh!.. Hush, man! Don’t tell him that! You’re suppose to be simple-minded, remember? Besides, do you really want him to start bugging you for free counselling sessions? Good grief! :roll_eyes:

You also do not recognize or respect (as I previously said) “their freedom of speech,” which is your freedom of speech. You are ‘angry,’ and your anger is out of place and overblown.

3 Likes

Origins of the Winter solstice: Here is the Easy way to look at the origins of the Winter Solstice celebration, since you did not read any of the things I posted or their citations. Human and Animal Sacrifice, Child Rape, the Encouragement of child sex and drunkenness, complete chaos and a total suspension of law and order. Pagan Saturnalia (Christmas) was celebrated with human sacrifice & paedophilia - YouTube

1 Like

Oh, a bit like the British Parliament then…

2 Likes

If anyone “deserves” to be an antitheist, it’s Cog. My 7 years in a private Catholic school (with nuns & priests as my teachers) justifies my contempt for organized religion. Raising a child to be a neo-nazis is not much different.