American right has declared war on Australia

This just hit my in box this morning without out a good link to post.

Apparently Trump and the American right have now decided that Austrailia is the new threat to free dumb because of the COVID lockdowns that have kept your death toll to a tiny fraction. Better dead than quarantined!

1 Like

Because one of Trump’s sycophants got bitch-slapped and is still butt-hurt?

Comeback of the year.

3 Likes

No because they believe reality should bend to their expectations and they should be allowed to kill whomever they want with impunity.

1 Like

@Fleeing_in_Terror First off, I apologize for my lateness, but I sincerely hope you had a good Christmas.

I have great issues with zealots, whether political, religious, or anything else (environmentalists, animal rights, etc.) who place their ideals above reality.

For example, many people world-wide condemn Canada’s policy of allowing seal hunting (clubbing). I definitely hate cruelty to animals, but I do wonder how many are willing to stop and examine the big picture?

Yes, they have big brown adorable eyes. But they are nasty and vicious, they deplete the fish stocks, and they leave extremely offensive shit everywhere. The people out on the ice are risking their lives, they are poor fishermen who have to go out there to support their families.

1 Like

Agreed. I have little tolerance for fools trying to kill us with their life is a Disney movie concept of reality.

Agreed on subsistence harvesting with an eye on sustainability as opposed to death to show off expensive coat in urban areas.

1 Like

“I stand with the people of Australia”? Really, Teddy?

You also, for example, stand with conspiracy theories about the government itself planting rioters in crowds to lead citizens to breach and trash the federal Capitol, so…

The U.S. far right - taking over where the John Birch Society left off in belligerence and a furiously fantastical way of understanding the world.

3 Likes

The American far-right has descended into complete insanity. The Republican Party has been completely co-opted by Trump and his racist, misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science, gun-toting minions.

Trump’s bungled handling of the covid pandemic was completely inept and directly led to the needless deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

I’m really dreading 2024 if that dickhead decides to run again.

2 Likes

Why am I in the US

A B C

The swivel-eyed fundageliKKKal loons have basically turned the Rethuglicon Party into their poodle, at least in terms of the public rhetoric being peddled by its current crop of apparatchiks.

That rhetoric should be a warning to the corporate segment of the party, that the moon pies and goo-goo clusters have become so unhinged that they’re now out of control, to the point where the continued collecting of mansions, private jets and penis-extension Bond villain yachts on the part of the über-rich is potentially in danger.

Whether the corporate segment of the party can see past its own pursuit of naked greed long enough to act decisively on this matter, and find a way of cutting out the QAnon/anti-vax/creationist wank fantasists, remains to be seen. The insurrection at the Capitol last year, should have woken up the Wall Street money mafia to some possibilities that they should be working to avoid, if they value their lives more than their bank accounts.

Quite simply, all it will take will be the emergence of a genuinely charismatic rabble rouser among the fundageliKKKals, who suddenly wrenches the polemical steering wheel and steers the zeitgeist away from its current fascist direction, and you’ll have the fun of seeing the panicky deployment of tanks and helicopter gunships to bring the ensuing insurgency to a halt.

The realisation on the part of the inbred hicks, that the same people who fed them right-wing lies for 40 years have, in this scenario, become the same people ordering a military crackdown to keep their corporate paymasters in clover, will of course come too late. As will the realisation that there’s a cost to embracing fascism, no matter how it disguises itself as “patriotism”.

3 Likes

Those are passé. The latest toys of the billionaires are rockets like Bezos’ penis-like New Shepard.

2 Likes

They’re also a bit misandristic, too. Most of their homophobic hatred is targeted against gay/bi men, and they wanted men to be drafted/in the Selective Service, but not the women/“our daughters”.

Who the hell is Ray Epps?

1 Like

More people have died under the current administration than under Trumps. Why is that?

1 Like

Insurrection, really? How many people have been convicted of this? How many guns were confiscated by the cops? Zero.
How many people were killed during the so called “insurrection”? 1. How did she die? Shot in the head by one of the capital police, who won’t be identified because of politics. She was an unarmed Air Force veteran, she deserves better.

2 Likes

1 Like

Why is that? Simple–because of the unwillingness of people to be vaccinated. The vaccines became generally available in early 2021, yet only 63% of the population has been fully vaccinated. The overwhelming majority of recent covid deaths have been among the unvaccinated.

And what group predominately make up the unvaccinated in the US? Conservatives and Republicans, of course.

3 Likes

If not an insurrection what would you call it then? A play date sponsored by The Donald?

3 Likes

Don’t give the Don any ideas on how to promote the next huge, embarrassing shit stain on the history of U.S. democracy that he helps to incite.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Donald Trump didn’t cause the Insurrection. If you can bring proof, however, I shall believe you. And don’t use article which claim it, but don’t provide proof. Check your sources’ sources. I shall check them myself.

“Cause” versus “incite”. You decide. To me, he incited the insurrection at the very least. I will research this further and provide sources as time permits.