5 Laws of Stupidity

I ran across this and thought most of you would enjoy it.
The laws are brilliant, and seem to explain a lot. IMO

1 Like

Interesting idea, and It also seems to support the Dunning Kruger effect, in that it asserts that the number of stupid people are always underestimated. It also seems to validate appeals to authority being fallacious, in that it asserts even the most highly educated people can be stupid.

1 Like

While we’re on thought provoking ideas, Neil deGrasse Tyson “The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you”, (anyone).

And now a joke:

A photon checks into a hotel, and the receptionist ask “have you any luggage?” and the photon says “No, I’m travelling light.

:innocent:

1 Like

I took the position, “There is no escaping the bell shaped curve regardless of where you are on any sort of scale.” Specifically, I enjoyed the definition of ‘stupid.’ While we are all ignorant at times, it takes real effort to dig your heels in and actually be stupid.

I also liked the idea that stupid people were more dangerous than the criminals. “You don’t see the stupid people coming.” LOL

Atom jokes? Really? Listening to atom jokes all day long can be so Bohr-ing. They are only funny ‘periodically.’

3 Likes

This reminds me a bit of emotional intelligence which has been shown to be more important than people considered highly intelligent.

Yep. Sometimes it is better to get along than it is to be right.